"Lying Down with Dogs" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Dec 8, 2007.

1. idahomom

idahomom Hit and Run

I liked this episodes. As for the filming the dog fighting. The rules for animals on television sets is very strict. None of the dogs really fought each other. However, if you've ever watched dogs play, slow it down, that's how they did the dog fighting. We've always had a dog. That story was good...I just watched "Snakes" on DVD with comments and it was interesting to see the parallel with that story (cultural) and this one.

My question is...who killed the guy last week? The limo driver? The Warrick story line was weird. I thought it was strange to hear Jim tell Grissom that Warrick is a "loose cannon" when Ecklie told him the same thing about Sara. However, this time, Grissom took visible action through suspension. I would have liked to seen Ecklie and some Catherine/Warrick interaction.

Again it was fun to see Jamie Luner (she was on "Growing Pains" and then "Just the 10 of Us") all grown up.

2. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

i had the exact same problem (canadian friend!!!) so i looked on CTV.ca and it said lying down with dogs was supposed to be on but it never aired for me, i stayed up way past midnight and nothing came on CTV or any other channel...i am i a HUGE PeTA supporter so you all can imagine how mad i was to have missed this episode of all episodes maybe they'll do a repeat soon???? or somebody can get it up on the internet and link it soon????I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THE SUMMER TO GET THE REPEAT!!! this is going to bug me now especially because we dont get a new episode for like..20-some days..Sh*t

3. i_heart_togo

i_heart_togo Dead on Arrival

this episode wasn't to bad. I am glad that someone showed what dog fighting really does and how people can hurt them even when they are trainning them. I also agree with what everyone said about Warrick and Nick.

4. oldcsier

oldcsier Victim

This is one of those episodes that I am torn about. I love animals and didn't care to see or hear some of the things they showed and talked about. It is good to bring it to the public eye, but it was hard for me to watch certain parts and I turned my head.

Having said that for me this was a good show, it looks like we may be getting back to the reason I started watching CSI to begin with. We got to see most everyone, Vega is back good to see him. We got to see lab work and some good investigation.

The scene with Nick and the young boy in the interigation room was one of the most powerful scenes I have ever seen. Here is a young man who had been in trouble himself in the past yet he showed such compassion for the dogs, I was totally moved. Even though he did commit murder, he had me on his side. Did not feel sorry for the lady at all.

As compassionate as Nick was about the dogs, I was sure in the end that he was going to adopt a dog, I really expected to see that. Wouldn't that have been a great typical Nick moment.

I also think Warrick is in on the sting or whatever it is called somehow. He was set up, but he is and has been part of setting the bad guys up.

All in all good show although sad.

5. PiperGrissom

PiperGrissom Police Officer

I am just not feeling the same "spark" that I did when Sara was there. Grissom wasn't around enough for me and what is the deal about him not doing the teasers before the theme music starts? Are they trying to get us used to it?
    Didn't seem right to me.
    It's not just because Sara's gone, although that doesn't help, it's just not "feeling right" to me and I am worried about my fave show.

6. DaveR

DaveR Victim

Well, she was *on* a date. That doesn't mean she's dating the guy. It could be a one-time thing.

Dave

7. allmaple

allmaple Judge

this was one of the better episodes of csi in quite a while. finally the case was front and center again, not being dragged down or rushed so they could over due the personal drama anymore. there was actually evidence collection and analysis, something that has been severely lacking recently.

i wouldnt be surprised if they did a dog fighting case this year because of all the attention brought to it because of michael vick. they do draw storylines from going on in the real world. and this is truly one of the lower points in human behaviour.

it was hard to watch to dog fight scene, and i too wonder how they filmed it without putting the dogs at risk. i was confused when nick was told people cant be charged for training fighting dogs, does that vary by state? i know in other states and in canada you can be fined for having fight dog training paraphernalia, like the 'jog-a-dog'. which is why i was confused when nick didnt say anything about the fur covered treadmill.

im glad warricks case was the secondary one, it didnt need full attention again. i do wish it was cleared up last night, not a fan of dragged out story arcs. the only thing that really bothered me was warrick bursting into the interrogation room. i hate when they sacrifice the integrity of a character for drama. as a professional, even if he wasnt already on thin ice, warrick should know better than to do that.

i do hope they keep this up. cases, science, and forensics in the spotlights, personal junk on the back burner. also, i find im very much enjoying saras absence. it feels like everyone else gets a more even spread of attention.

8. dirtylabrat

dirtylabrat Police Officer

I was wondering the same thing. As a bulldog owner, aggressive play is something we never encourage. We don't even allow them to play tug of war, because it is something that helps strengthen their prey drive. I didn't like last night's episode for a variety of reasons. Was the dog fighting confiscated footage from an actual dog fight, added to CSI to show the true horrors of the "sport"?

9. 27dayz

27dayz Police Officer

They could have filmed that scene by using two dogs playing with each other. When my German shepard and border collie were younger, they used to get on their hind legs and play like that. In fact that was one of the first things they did when they first met as puppies. They never got violent with each other. It was just their way of interaction and vying for dominance. It was like play fighting with a younger sibling. It's in fun, but there's also the connotation that "If I pin you down, you have to do everything I say" thing. That's a natuaral thing with many animals.

We never saw the dogs on TV actually get violent (thank god). It was just implied with sounds and a dog laying on the ground.

10. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I can totally see that. My cousin has 3 Siberian huskies, and when they play, they make slight growling noises and jump up at each other on their hinge legs. The scene most likely was shot numerous times, then pieced together to imply an actual fight...adding in the audio after. (I know everyone knows that though :)) In any sense, the scene was super effective and emotional, getting the harsh reality across to the viewers.

As for the crime solving and processing aspect of the show, I was pleased to see that nothing was rushed and we got to see everyone at some point during the show. Whether working the dog fighting case or Warricks.

11. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i watched closely the scene with dogs fighting b/c i knew that they couldn't have filmed a real fight. the scene wasn't visually very brutal. we didn't see the dogs *fighting* but wrestling and in reality they could've been playing.

it was shot with a lot of close-ups so that you couldn't really see what's going on, and the fight-noises were surely added later. the editing was good and you could almost believe that it was a real fight.

12. Veze

Veze Rookie

It must have been funny for George Eads and Jammy Lunar to play together again after Savanah.

It's been a while

13. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay untacking the thread please feel free discussing the episode. :)

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah I wonder if they reminiced about the old days on that show. I watched it.

15. Rozatrinity751

Rozatrinity751 Dead on Arrival

Hi guys, its been a while since I've been on the files, much to long. lol.
    Thurs. ep was a very disturbing one. I'm a big animal lover and people lover and it was quite disturbing to see animals used and discarded like garbage. I have no pity for the Basketball player that is now being charged with animal abuse after hearing how he treated these dogs at dog fights. I have to tell you that I was very glad that that bitch got what she deserved, I would of done one better by not drugging her and just letting the dogs mull her to death. sorry, thats just how I felt wheil watching.
    You all take care now, you hear. lol