Jorja Fox Involved In New Salary Dispute

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, May 4, 2007.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I don't belive any of this crap.. Jorja wouldn't do this.. and "the WHOLE cast" was in Las Vegas" the week of April 16th.. [I live here] I take this with a hugh grain of salt.. and she also said in her last article 'everybody will be back for S/8"

JORJA FOX TALKS

2. fifty8th

fifty8th Victim

The original article was in the NY Post (not the most reliable paper) who got their information from the Star (on the level of National Enquirer) web sites and papers started reporting the information using the Post article as a source and yesterday TV Guide online had a blurb that may or may not just be their reporting of the Post article.

All CBS is saying is they are in contract negotiations with Jorja and Jorja's rep is saying the same thing along with she shot the finale and it is open ended as far as the fate of Sara goes.

3. pruehall

pruehall Civilian

I think that is great that you are choosing to believe that she is innocent. However I have trouble accepting that her letter just “got lost” when she was in negations a few years ago, and that now some reporters are misquoting her spokespeople by adding “eventual” into the report. If that is true then she has the worst management team ever. They lose her letters (or turn them in late) and then let themselves be misquoted? I have to believe that she is smarter than that.

Does she have to deny the report? No, but you would think with how bad this could make her look that she would say something even if it was a general “no comment” or “I am not free to comment at this time”. As for the spoilers on the internet, spoilers are often wrong especially after TPTB find out that the big secret is out and they rewrite it. Robert David Hall said in TV Guide Q&A that the ending has been rewritten three times so maybe your spoilers are old ones.

So once again, like always, her fans will believe her and everyone else will just wait and see. I hope I am wrong but I truly have my doubts.

4. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Oh God bless you Erica for saying that :lol: :p Honestly, I think these stupid tabloids are blowing this way out of proportion. They're making Jorja sound like a little kid who didn't get her way and I don't think she's that kind of person. Yes, it's true I don't know her as a person in real life, but she's never struck me that way, on television, in articles/interviews or otherwise.

I can understand being upset over being one of the least-paid on the show however. They all work their asses off to make CSI: one of the top-grossing television shows, and they all do it by doing the same thing. I don't understand why some people get paid more while others get paid less. They're still people and they still do the same thing :confused: I just don't get how they figure it's fair.

On another note-- what does Jorja do with her money? She uses most of it to help charities, fundraisers and the things she believes in. CSI: grosses a huge amount of money, so I don't understand what the big deal is about giving an actor the raise they deserve. It's not going to hurt the show's funds.

5. fifty8th

fifty8th Victim

And like always her detractors will always believe anything that makes her look bad.

Really is it so hard to believe that a letter arrived late? Why give her her job back and offer her a raise at the time if she was in the wrong? If she was a money grubber why would she refuse the raise in support for George?

I am not saying nothing happened all I am asking is that people look at the source and the business and not take what is printed as gospel UNTIL it is proven since it is rarely the whole truth.

As for the spoiler site, the spoilers have been right on all season, and it must be a coincidence CBS had it shut down right before the finale was shot. Could they have re-written it? Sure but the "hold out" seems to have made them go back to the original then.

6. ejacksonian

ejacksonian Hit and Run

Some of you should pay attention more; this is the New York POst. It's full of sh&*, to put it in the nicest terms.

7. JangoBear

JangoBear Lab Technician

What raise? Les Moonves played hardball with both of them and agreed to hire them back at their ORIGINAL salaries.

I hope this isn't true but even in the tabloids which the NY Post is barely above, there's always a grain of truth to the story. :rolleyes:

8. fifty8th

fifty8th Victim

It has been mentioned at least once by someone behind the scenes or maybe Jorja herself that she was offered a small raise (I think what the rest of the cast got at the time) when she was brought back but she turned it down becasue at the time George was still not hired back.

9. coolcatz

coolcatz Head of the Swing Shift

although from a professional standpoint i hope this is not true (this is a career killer) the damage is still done. the article is out there. the news is spreading.

10. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

TPTB are firing her because she wants a raise? Seriously, who's being childish here?

Jorja spends a lot of her money on charity and other stuff. I honestly don't see her as a Paris Hilton-type of actress, spending all her money on herself. And she (and George) are underpayed looking at the other actors of the show (WP, I can understand, makes the most mney because he is the star and a producer of the show. Also he is most recognized for his previous work. Manhunter , anyone? ;))

If TPTB are firng her because she wants more money, it is just pathetic. Childish. And if Sara dies in two weeks (for you who lives in the US. I am in Sweden where we have a half season to go :D) and this is the reason, I think CSI may loose some ratings. But that is just me.

And contrary the Isaiah Washington-thing: What he did was a personal attack, on somebody he worked with! And he was also attacking a whole community. Jorja is simply asking for more money, and TPTB goes bonkers!

I understand, almost hoped for, that Shonda Rhimes and the GA crew would fire him. He made a fatal mistake that probably could haunt him for the rest of his career. Jorja is, again, asking for a raise and they threaten to kill her off. There is a big difference between expressing homophobia in public, and asking for a raise. How many of working people today asks for a raise and gets fired? Some, I know. But Jorja deserves a raise. She is starring in a hit TV-show and is one of the main charcthers, and she still is payed less than ome of them.

I know, some people do not like Sara or GSR, but being fired for asking for a raise? Just listen to it, it is childish and completely random to me. And it is a lame excuse for killing her off.

Some has expressed anger in Jorja not showing up for her dying scene. I can understand her. She does not want Sara to die. And WP has stated that he wants thm to leave together. and WP has signed on for S8. WPs words weighs more than Ausiello and other tabloids. I don't think he wants to kill Sara and the GSR-storyline. I certainly hope not.

As a conclusion, I do not think this rumor is entirely true. Go Jorja for standing up for yourself! :D I hope we all one day will turn out to be like her. She is a great rolemodell. It is not she who is being childish, it is TPTB. And if Sara dies ( :eek:) I'll be happy to name a future daughter Sara or Jorja. :lol:

11. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Nope. I don't think they're "firing" Jorja for asking for a raise. From what I understand, Jorja wouldn't re-sign for season 8 if she didn't get the raise. There's a big difference between this and getting fired.

But then again, those are just rumors. Who knows what the real story is...:rolleyes:

12. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

I really hope its not true because I hate that kinda thing. Actors kicking off because they ain't getting paid as much as everyone else. They still get a hell of a lot more money than the average working person, it really annoys me. Theres people starving to death and they complain because they only get so many hundreds of dollars per episode. Not saying that JF is like that, I bloody hope she isnt, I hope its not true, I really do.

Why does she need more money though?! Not being funny or meaning to offend anyone but that comes across as a little greedy to me. That's why im hoping all this is BS.

13. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

Actually, Jorja spends a lot of money on the things you mentioned. Charity and stuff. What does she make per month? About 100, 000$ Someone said. That's 1,2 million dollars a year. Lot of money, but that does not include taxes and other stuff. WP and Marg makes 500, 000$ a month. That's a 400, 000$ difference. And Sara is just as important to CSI as Catherine or Nick.

Hell! George Eads is also payed about 100, 000$/month. I don't know about him, but I can imagine him negotioning a raise for S8. But as I said, I don't know. Someone?

Jorja is not greedy in any way. There are a lot of people around the world asking for raises everyday. If Jorja is greedy, the we are all greedy.

But this atricle is probably just BS, since Jorja Fox hasn't confirmed it.

14. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Because she's been on the same salary for the last 7 years?

15. coolcatz

coolcatz Head of the Swing Shift

that was the deal though. when a show is created you negotiate a contract. that contract determines your pay. it is up to your management to make sure you get a good deal and that you can negotiate for a raise later.

cbs is notorious for paying low salaries. she's been thru this once and knows it. if she did pull this stunt again then that is just poor judgement.