Horatio's Sunglasses - Found them

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by simon_silhouete, Mar 18, 2012.

1. simon_silhouete

simon_silhouete Victim

Dear all

I am new to this forum, and came here originally to see if anyone knew what sunglasses he wears.

I found out, and then found a place to buy them - real ones not the many fakes out there.

Problem is, I've see he wearings the 'hingeless' "8568" page in early episodes, but also seen him wearing a pair very similar, but with darker ear hooks and a 'hinge'. The 8568 do not have hinges.

Anyone know what they are please?

All the best.

Simon

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Hey there.

I have no idea what kind they are, but it was said years ago (I believe by David Causo) that the set had to purchase a large quantity of his sunglasses because they were about to be discontinued.

Good luck. :)

3. simon_silhouete

simon_silhouete Victim

That's not strictly true.
    As I read, he went onto set wearing them (bought them from a store that day), and they suited him so well, that the producers went to that shop and bought "the lot".

When David asked them if they wanted him to get more, they said no, as one of them had already done it.

I know the model number and where to buy them in the UK, sadly I am not allowed to post here where to get them, and don't want to be seen as a bad member., so shall refrain.

But Silhouette have quoted the model number on their web site. They don't make them now, but they do 'stock' them.

4. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

Good for you :) I don't mind having them too, but alas... I've found only low quality fake ones.:(

5. simon_silhouete

simon_silhouete Victim

Yes I have seen some fake ones online.
    But when you watch the show, it's clear they are not the actual pair.

Contact the makers of the glasses, and if you dig, you will find them, and the sellers. It's not all that difficult. I did it in a few hours..... once I confirmed the coloured and style.

I noticed today that he often pins them to his neck, because the frame style has no hinge/screws at all - they are sort of self closing. So they hook around him.

6. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

Yeah, I should try to dig a little :)

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Good luck finding the sunglasses. I know how difficult a task that can be. I still have never found the pair of sunglasses that Jeremy Sisto wore in the movie "Hideaway" (the movie is from 1995 lol) ... and I love those sunglasses LOL (although with my luck, I'd find them and they'd end up being 100 dollar sunnies or something LOL).

8. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

GregNickRyanFan that's my toughts:lol:, so that I haven't tried too hard yet.

9. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

There is an episode in Season 8 that decribes Horatio's Glasses. I forget the name of the episode, but the show goes back to 1997, when Horatio was just a dectective out in the field. The show goes between 1997 and the current day when Eric Delko was found on the side of the road, trying to protect his father, clinging to life.

In the storyline, going back in time to 1997, Eric was just a tow truck driver and brought Horatio his new shades that Eric had promised Horatio. They were Titianium Frames and Polarized Lenses. Horatio was just given the title of Lieutenant, and he told Jessie, which was last day before leaving to go back to Los Angeles, that with Horatio's Promotion, there would be a new building built on some property the city of Miami had purchased, and Horatio said "We are going to call it CSI". I think that episode was the end of Season 7 and the beginning of Season 8. I have it all on DVD.

At the end of the episode of Season 8, Horatio told Eric to go to the Police Academy, get his badge, and come find him. Eric said people had made him promises, but they always fell through. Horatio reassure him, not this time!

Oh, by the way, I've seen them on eBay for sale, but becareful that they are the correct shades that Eric got Horatio.

Peace,
    Jimi

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  10. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

Jimmi, you're talking about 1th eppi of season 8 ;)

11. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello Bellemaria,

It's almost 4 AM where I live in the U.S., couldn't sleep, so I had to get back on here.

I have on DVD Seasons 1-8. My wife has gotten them for me for gifts like Christmas, my Birthday, etc. The line you mention where Horatio got on that tour bus was the 1st episode, Season 9. It was where Horatio and Eric were after Memmo (played by Robert Lagruardo).

I may be wrong, but let me check my DVD Collection.:confused: It's hard for me to keep up with episode names, but I seem to remember what Horatio did in all season 1 up to the currrnet season 10. Maybe I'm just getting old. Us Hippies are retired (HA), and I never did drugs, just like the peace and being friends with others. You can't have too many friends, and I would love to meet David Caruso!:)

It seems like Jesse, Dr. Tom Loman, and Walter came aboard and joined the CSI Miami team in Season 8.

Peace
    Jimi

12. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

Don't sleep in 4 AM not good, hope you won't have to go to work tomorrow:)

I thought we're talking about H's sunglasses;)
    I've checked in IMDB

Season 8, ep. 1 Out of Time
    As Delko fights for his life once again, he flashes back to 1997 and the case that helped his career as a CSI

In the end of this episode Eric gave H a sunglasses as you say "Titianium Frames and Polarized Lenses"

But my signature, you're right, is quote from season 9 episode 4 "Manhunt"

Hah, I don't think the age makes any difference. I haven't even try. In my opinion it's quite impossible to remember more then 200 episode names and plots. And what for?

Yes, they did

13. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I think I have seen pairs on eBay!

14. simon_silhouete

simon_silhouete Victim

I have finally got my Horatio sunglasses.
    They are the real thing. non-hinged, and phenomenal in bright sun and on reflective surfaces.

You can pin them around ur neck or on your head.

Not cheap, but amazing quality and I am so pleased I now have his actual sunglasses, direct from the manufacturer. Well via one of their registered retailers.

15. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Where did you find them at? I saw some on eBay that were very close to the type of shades he wears.

Peace