Horatio/Yelina #9: If You Could Read My Mind....

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Mar 27, 2008.

?

Which thread name do you like best?

1. If You Could Read My Mind

25 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. What Hurts The Most Was Being So Close

19 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. My Love Is Only For You

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. In This Life I Was Loved By You

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. Do I Have To Say The Words

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Thanks for the video ch3r12y...very nice.

The chemistry is definately still there and I don't think you can take something like they have away....it's just too good. I still seen the way they looked at each other, even though it was sort of rushed, and something's obviously still there between them.

You know, looking back on the H/Y scene, they didn't even have to include that scene in the episode cause it could have just been said that he had talked to her on the phone or something...I'm glad they took the time to actually put H/Y together for a scene. I kind of see that as a positive, then again I'm very optimistic about these two if you haven't already noticed lol.

2. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

More musings. . . (Maybe I don't have enough to do - I have been putting off the ironing). . . I keep asking myself why Yelina would want him any more. What is there about him for her to be attracted to? (I know some of you think he's hot, but I'm just not seein it.) She has known him a number of years - far longer than we have, if you want to get silly about it. The thing is, if we have noticed the unsavory changes in him, surely she has too. Remember she watched Raymond going downhill, without even knowing he was a dirty cop - just watched him getting deeper and deeper into something he couldn't get himself out of. Maybe she's keeping an eye on H. Maybe she knows things are bad but not how bad. Maybe she's hoping that if she stays as close as he will let her, that she will be able to catch him before he hits bottom. Maybe she's afraid for him, and wants to be there if he calls for help (HA!) She knows him so well, that surely she sees him sliding down that slippery slope. If she only knew how often he takes justice into his own hands, she'd be very afraid for his humanity I think. Is this a silly notion?

3. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

That's not a silly notion at all drgnldy

Personally I think she wants to get close to him again like in S1 - S3. But he won't let her and maybe she figured he's still hurting over "she who should not be named". So yeah I think she noticed he has changed and become bitter. But I don't think she knows he's turned into this mean killing machine, cause frankly in my eyes, he's just that.. Afterall his dad did beat his mother and his brother did get addicted to drugs etc..

By the way, why do we keep analyzing this? TPTB just don't want this to happen. That's it.

Can you tell i'm slightly agitated with TPTB? I'm sick and tired of them giving us hope and actually giving us nothing but a pityful scene of maybe 2 minutes. Don't they realize that what we want is a bit more than that? They keep throwing us these futile bones now, sure it brings in quite some extra viewers when they do so, but on the long run? People will say please csi miami? There's so much more out there in TV land that IS willing to give me what I want. I don't GET why they don't write her in more often.

As I recall Corey Miller said they had interesting storylines lined up for Yelina. Sure her turning into a PI is interesting. If only we'd see her more than once in 10 episodes... The producers were glad Ms. Milos was willing to return to CSI Miami. WHY do they keep insulting her by giving her these lame scenes? Get a B-actress to do those scenes, It's much cheaper then hiring a professional as Ms. Milos.

I still like CSI Miami, but knowing that I used to ADORE it.. Why do I keep watching? You never know she might pop up unexpected. And yes because there is always hope. And Horatio and Yelina will always be my favorite "couple". And it has also something to do with the time I joined in as a viewer. I joined when S4 had just aired but I watched S1 till S3 without reading any spoilers (omg that felt so good). When she was shipped off to Brasil, I joined this board to look if there were any hints of her returning anytime. Season 4 had just ended and there was talk about her returning in the S5 premiere, which she did. So I always lived on this thing off: it ain't over yet. If after S3 I didn't find any rumors / spoilers about her returning I wouldn't have continued watching or maybe just a couple of S4 episodes.. Cause once a character is written out, they don't return. Well apparantly they do, I just hoped it was a bit different..

I think I've almost written here what I want to write in my feedback to CBS. Of course somethings I will rephrase in a more respectful manner.

*End of my rant*

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  4. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Aw, Kit, you sounded like I did a year or so ago. It is very frustrating, I wholeheartedly agree with you. This is why I said that there are much better TV shows out there that actually reward their viewers. Of course the hope will always be there, and I still think we may well be rewarded eventually, but at the moment, it's bleak.

I don't think tgtb want this to happen at the moment. I think that one of the reasons Yelina is still involved in the show, however insignificantly right now (and apart from attracting viewers), is that tgtb still feel she has a part to play in the future of the show, and H's life. Though,as drgnldy said, why on earth she would be attracted to H at the moment is anyone's guess. Maybe off screen he really is visiting Ray Jnr and Yelina, or taking them out for pizza, and acting like the gentleman we know he can be. ;) She may not be entirely aware of the cold hearted killing machine that we saw in Tuesday's episode. Okay, I'm stretching it, I know. For some reason I found my optimist's hat. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  5. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

*borrows optimist's hat*

I know what it is.... you are on a BSG high, yes? ;) :D Seriously though, I do agree. Miami has been unrewarding for us for a long time now, but other shows have more than filled the void. So, as always, we wait for tgtb to get their act together (which they will with H/Y eventually, the Lords of Kobol have told me so) enjoy other shows, and keep the hope alive in the meantime. We're on hold, but we're not finished. So say we all! *ahem*

:D

6. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Very well said MD :thumbsup:. I reckon it sums up all of us here on this thread!

I watched the whole of 'Ambush' and 'All In' and as I mentioned in the H/DC thread, both epys were very enjoyable. One of the better epys in a long time. I didn't really enjoy season 5 except maybe for 'Rio', 'Burned' and a few other epys. However one must always rememeber that Miami was meant to be the action-packed, comic book-like version of the CSI series. Hence if you watch it making the basic assumption that they will take liberties with reality, it's actually gotten better this season.

I mean I had to laugh out loud at the incredulous opening scene of 'All In' but I enjoyed it as well. I mean it was way cool H for me. I enjoyed the resucuing Cal at the poker table scene immensely. The whole team at work, and H in a labcoat, that was something that had sorely been missed and I'm glad we got to see it again.

Sorry I'm getting OT, but I wanted to say I agree with you Luce. And we'd all like to think that he does keep in touch with Y and Ray Jr. You know what struck me when I watched 'All In' and H was warning Julia about the guy that was living with her and Kyle? It reminded me of 'Pro Per', 'Hell Night' and 'Crime Wave'. I'm not saying H still loves Julia, he probably cares for her in the same way he does all single mothers :rolleyes: but his warning that both her and Kyle would die if they continued to stay with this Ron Saris guy, reminded me of when Y was dating Stetler and she turned up at work with a black eye. Why'd tptb have to repeat that storyline, it was done with Y and RJ with H protecting a single mother and her son. In both cases, H cares deeply for the boys but more for Y and not really for Julia.

You know how things H says are a foreshadowing of future epys? I got a feeling Julia's not going to be around very long (as with all women who slept with H, lucky for Y she hasn't yet! :guffaw:). Kyle I'm not sure, I think he'll be around cos DC like this storyline so much. But I sure hope for a Julia/Y catfight soon (*methinnks* hmmm.... fodder for a fic.... ;)).

Here's the link to my fic update:
    http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?p=701500#post701500

7. Lucy

Gulity! :lol: And, so say we all. ;)

I was also thinking - and I hope I'm not tempting fate here, but we also know that no-one seems to have romanitic designs on H currently. As said, I'm not sure why anyone would right now ;) but so far, tgtb aren't lining anyone up. Let's just hope DC keeps any ideas to himself. :rolleyes:

Hrockz, on a side note, I have to disagree, as I didn't like seeing 'cold hearted killing machine H' at all. I think though, that we may have different perceptions of 'cool'. 'Cool' for me is something that is impressive and to be admired (although maybe in a somewhat 'trendy' way). I thought his actions in the opening scene were totally uncalled for. If I wasn't already put off the character, that scene was the nail in the coffin for me. I had to agree with the episode review where it said, "How does that make him any better than the killers he wants to bring to justice?"

8. Lucy

Getting confuzzled with my editing again - sorry!

9. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Yeah I reckon Lucy we have different perceptions of cool. My idea would be more of those kinda John Woo movies, you know like the "Face Off", "Matrix" genre. I mean if you asked me my idea of cool, is the kind of hero in the movies who goes all out with guns blazing and killing off all the bad guys. Hence my liking for action-H.

But having said that I also like the compassionate, caring H that we saw in the first 3 seasons.

We'd just have to agree to disagree on this. :) Anyway this is the wrong thread for discussing this, sorry! :p

But to keep things true to this thread, I'm also glad, and I agree that there're currently no other women lined up for H and I honestly doubt there'd be any. I still think the next in line for H is Y. I just hope they don't kill her off after that.

10. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Luce, be very careful with that thought. You know how DC hates a relationship vacuum where he's concerned. If it isn't on the screen I reckon it isn't happening so I'm can't quite buy H is doing anything offscreen with Y or RJ. If he were then I would imagine he wouldn't have been decidedly blockheadish with her in their latest interaction. BTW, would like to register a belated *un-bloody-believable* for the "he killed my wife" bit. H spent 3 seasons self-flagellating himself over Raymond every which way from Sunday and Raymond's murder doesn't even warrant a mention? Utterly unconscionable. :rolleyes:

So Say We All! It's such a 180 from his original characterization. It's truly unfortunate that H has been written this side of lukewarm since S3 finale. Been watching some reruns from S1 and S2 and comparing to S4 and S5. It really is Original H vs Doppelganger H. The only one staying true to form here is Y.

11. Lucy

Very true. I will indeed be careful! ;)
    In 'reality' I do tend to agree, hence my admission to stretching it - I think it may have been the Merlot talking. MD and I seemed to find the optimist's hat whilst ever-so-slightly under the influence. ;)

Incredible, isn't it? In the very worst sense of the word. *sigh*

12. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Er, speak for yourself! :p

It was an attempt to put a positive spin on things, agreed. ;) However, I will mention one thing. We only opened this thread a week ago, and we already have 100 posts! Impressive, especially as things are so uninspiring for us at the moment. Either that, or we really like a good moan. It is good for the soul, especially when TGTB are giving us next to nothing.

13. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

I'll drink to both sides of that! :lol: Gotta love the feel-good effects of the Merlot, not to mention it's exceeding charity towards enveloping and transmutating current Miami into something less bilious. :p

Hmm, cause and effect? The more incompetent tgtb, the more we post in response? I'm voting for the "Moan Factor" or in days of yore, the "BMW Effect" as the driving impetus nowadays. Wonderfully cathartic and doesn't at all detract from H/Y support....more like taking realistic stock of what's on display by tgtb. *sigh* bring on the Merlot! :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  14. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

:lol: Yeah we're all having a good moan! But as said before I reckon we're a reselliant bunch, and I'm still hoping for season 8. If 7 then even better. :)

Yes I hate that H never mentions that the Mala Noche killed his little brother. I really hope DC doens't get anymore ideas about any more women.

I think tptb are going to wait till this Kyle/Julia fad is resolved then move on to H/Y, cos I really believe that next in line for H is Y. I mean they did kill off Raymond Sr and you-know-who very quickly.

15. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

OOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew I overlooked something with my last post. At least I think I did. I also thought it incredible that for the first 3 seasons it was Raymond just about every week then this comes up about Riaz & the only person he could think about was airhead. To this day I will never understand why they did that story. Julia isn't any better. lol I mean get real now. Apparently they must've parted on the wrong foot or something cause H sure wasn't happy to see her when she first showed up. From the way I remembered when H was tellinh Yelina about her, she was the love of his life, the one that got away.. Yeah u really could tell it. LOL Anyway, I come bearing gifts. Hope ya like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]