Horatio/Yelina #9: If You Could Read My Mind....

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Mar 27, 2008.

?

Which thread name do you like best?

1. If You Could Read My Mind

25 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. What Hurts The Most Was Being So Close

19 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. My Love Is Only For You

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. In This Life I Was Loved By You

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. Do I Have To Say The Words

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Word to both! Can I press the green button that opens the airlock? :devil:

Imposter H? ;)

....and to think he has played a major part in some of the writing decisions. It was DC's idea to introduce the Marisol relationship and his idea to introduce a long lost son. I sometimes wonder if DC himself got 'tired' of the H/Y storyarc. It seems he has a lot of say in proceedings, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the whole Julia thing is his idea too. :rolleyes:

Indeed. :)

2. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

So glad to see you here, Luce. After your last post, I thought you might have gone on (pardon the expression) hiatus.

1. I'll make sure Starbuck doesn't stop you!

2. Real DC?

3. Too true.

4. :( :)

3. Lucy

^ Thanks - I'm still here, often in 'lurk mode' but I try to stop by every day. :)

1. If you could, thanks! I think I will be in Tory mode though. ;)

2. You may have a very good point there, unfortunately. *sigh*

4. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

With regards to Aerosol, no bloody way! :eek: I didn't know that! There was abso-bloomin-lutely no redeeming value with the Aerosol storyline aside from getting a free trip to Rio and the chance to do the Horatio "oh, woe is me" brood in the shadow of the O Cristo Redentor. Give me the Rebecca Nevins storylines anyday!

You know, Luce, I dare say you could be quite right over DC's role in promoting this Julia thing as well. :rolleyes:

5. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

It's a shame really. There's so much potential for H/Y but tptb blew it. :brickwall:

SM did mention she'd be back in the season, but I'm not sure what for. Like I mentioned before, I don't even know why they bother to bring her back for the sole purpose of running some errand for H. :rolleyes:

Speaking of bodies of water and H/Y, last week's episode 'Wrecking Crew' had H and the baddie (Joe Salucci) talking by a body of water. I thought that only H/Y had those 'talks-by-bodies-of-water' scenes. Maybe I'm reading too much into things....

6. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Isn't that the truth! Maybe they're building to the scene where Y tells H she's not his errand girl and walks away.

I think part of it may be logical. The show has become "elite criminals only need apply" and most of the rich folk live and work near the water (ocean, Everglades, canals) because it's the prime real estate in Miami.

7. Lucy

I'm afraid so. The Aerosol (bless Ducky for that name!) storyline just started out as (if memory serves correctly): Eric is busted for possession of marijuana, we find out it's for his sister who has cancer, Rick gets involved, it gets a bit messy, but it's all sorted out in the end, Eric keeps his job, H says he's 'there' for them etc etc. That was supposed to be it really. Next thing we know, Aerosol is inviting H over for dinner and he proposes 3 weeks later (or something like that). The whole 'relationship' angle was DC's idea, and Anne D decided to roll with it. Such substance (excuse the pun considering how they 'met'), not! ;)

Rebecca was great! :devil: I enjoyed that storyline, and Yelina of course played a fair part in it too. Good times.

8. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

This is actually what I'm hoping for. I want to see her really lambast him. I'm tired of the doormat Y. And if this is the way Sofia leaves the show for good, so be it. I just don't want them to kill her off, 'cause that just victimizes her again and gives H something else to feel guilty about. Both Sofia and Yelina deserve better than that. He's had any number of chances, but what he really needs is a padded cell.

9. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I haven't been here in awhile. Other fandoms keeping me more than happy. ;)

Yeah I did notice about Miami's "rich criminals". Last week's episode had the massage guy living in a really big house! :rolleyes:

To be on-topic, I agree with both drgnldy and rahkira. Maybe Y telling H that she can't be his errand girl anymore will make him wake up? A realy big "maybe".

I doubt that she'll get killed off. If they wanted to they would've done so already. I'm thinking maybe there' still a glimmer of hope for H/Y? Once this whole Julia thing blows over. But like I said, Y deserves better.

10. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

I have too much spare time, so I wanted to practice my video making skills. So why not make a H/Y music video, right?

The link is in the thread "fan videos - shipper central"! Be kind and leave a comment hihi :D

11. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Kit, that was beautiful! :adore: It made me realize something: with all the other women in his life, H has talked at them, whereas with Yelina, Horatio engages, talks with her. Re Julia, well, Elizabeth B. has never received the high praise for her acting skills that SM has, so H is back to talking at the current woman in his life.

EDIT, NEW INFO: Just looked at SM's website and the new info section has changed slightly to indicate (again) that she is shooting "more episodes" of CSI: Miami this season. So, will she smack him in the face and walk away or will TGTB kill her off? Why do I choose only these options, you might ask? Because we know, after last night's return of Super H, that he won't have time off from saving the universe to be able to appreciate what's right there in front of him. Am I being too sarcastic??? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  12. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Nice vid Tati.

In the past news of SM being in Miami would've been way exciting for me but now, I'm not really sure it'll be a good thing. I mean I don't really want her to be in the show to be H's errand girl again. But as always, I'll be optimistic.

13. Lucy

A belated thank you for the heads up. :) Re sarcasm, it's definitely welcomed here, lol! ;) I had a bit of a cleanse of my PC's hard drive this weekend, and deleted hundreds of pictures that I had collected over the last few years from CSIM. However, I still had to keep my H/Y ones - couldn't bring myself to get rid of those. *sigh*

I haven't watched the show for ages, so I have no idea what is happening! Have they hinted at an H/Julia thing, does anyone know? I'm so out of touch.

14. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

HI ALL!
    I thought I would introduce myself as one of the new mods and to *sigh* go over the rules here in Shipper Central.

Most important, all posts must contain at least three lines of posting. Good posting about their relationship, experiences, etc...
    Second, no bashing of other ships/characters/actors. We want to make this a fun place.

Most important, have fun. Again, we want to make this a fun place to post.

The rest of the Shipper Central rules can be found here

15. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Hey guys, I'm Steph, and I'm the other new mod, well as you can see Heather's already gone over the rules with you guys, so please try and stick to them. Have fun.