Horatio & Yelina #5 ~ How Can I Not Love You?~

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Dead Zone

When she tells him she's glad he's a bombexpert. Well to be absolutely correct she first says she hasn't been sleeping very well since the bomb.. :p

By the way can you recommend me an episode where I can really see an interesting piece between those 2 people you guys ship on BGC? :p

Mmm I was just checking the actors who're on BGC, seems they have a character in the show named Helena Cain. With a bit of wishful thinking -> Yelina Caine

(I've got 2 weeks vacation and don't know how to keep myself busy haha)

2. silk

silk Prime Suspect

I know this has probably been asked a million times but can someone please remind this feeble old mind about when the next new epi is to air and what it is about/called. And also when is the Y (...because we like you! for all of you mickey mousekateers out there) episode suppose to air? Also is there a date for the finale or have we established whether there are 24 or 25 episodes yet? Only a few more and I'll have enough for '20 questions!'

3. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

I think Yelina's episode is susposed to air either the 30th of April or the 7th of May :)

I think the finale is the 25th epi

4. HC_4_my_birthday

HC_4_my_birthday Lab Technician

not 100% sure i thnik it.s Dead Zone but my mind has been on other things of late

Kit you asked yeaterday in the H/dc thread do people with red hair go silver. I can tell you yes because my ex has red hed hair and he is going silver

5. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

I didn't ask that but it's certainly an interesting fact to know thank you :)

6. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Thanks for the pics.
    I feel so stupid, because I'm so bad at our guessing the picture game. :( (and I'm always too late).

Hm, I don't have another ship which I like so much as H/Y.
    (my distraction is not a ship, but a certain character :p - sorry)

I used to like Luke/Lorelai on Gilmore Girls, but I don't like what the writers made out of it. :rolleyes:
    I'm sometimes 'glad' (don't hurt me please) that H/Y are not together. I don't know why, but everytime a ship comes true, the writers destroy them. The couple is only happy for a few episodes and then the problems begin.

On the other hand, H/Y faced so many problems in the past and they solved them, which problems could they face yet?

7. silk

silk Prime Suspect

On the other hand, H/Y faced so many problems in the past and they solved them, which problems could they face yet?

Um.....how about Yelina getting pregnant and making Horatio and 50+ daddy. Oh wait....that's already been done in real life. My bad!

As for other ships: I used to like Amy and gosh what's-his-name who was played by Adrian Pasdar on the Judging Amy show. Writers killed that one too. Glad the show ended before they could do anymore damage.

8. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

What is it about writers not wanting to do relationships justice? I always thought Niles and Daphne on Frasier were great until they actually got together! As I think I mentioned (or not, my brain is scrambled tonight!), once a couple are 'together', the problem for the writers is where to go next. I prefer subtle development personally - the little hints that more may be going on, the little suggestive looks, the moments of concern. For example, how many times did H and Y ask each other if they were okay? Countless times. So sweet! [​IMG]

'Dead Zone' is correct. ;)

Kit, re BSG, it's difficult to recommend an episode because their relationship builds very gradually and effectively right from the beginning really. What might be a good idea is to go to You Tube and type in Roslin/Adama and there are lots of fan vids there. If you really want to give the show a try, there is a mini series (3 hours) that is well worth watching before watching Season 1. There's essential storyline info in it, and it's the same cast. It really works as a stand alone movie too. :)

9. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Sorry for not posting in awhile. I have been reading and I just need to say this...

Luce I have to agree with your earlier post about things needed concerning these two (as well as the show). I do love the never-ending patience H/Y supporters have shown and, despite what tptb have warped the show into, a lot of us are still willing to come back -- once things are tweaked a bit.
    I personally haven't watched an entire episode this season and have no idea what is going on with the show. It really has gotten pretty bad from what I've seen though. Still even with not watching the show (the new episodes) I'm still overly optimistic that it can all be fixed.

Still, finding another fandom(s) has helped take care of the whole 'entertaining' department, whilst Miami sinks lower down, and I've found that lately in LOST. Also, I have to mention, I have gotten a chance to view BSG this past week. I have to say that it is certainly a top-notch show and I can certainly see kindled chemistry between the Admiral and Madame President (still picking up names ;)). The two certainly share that same link that attracted me towards the H/Y relationship. I love how similar the two different relationships are.

10. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

*huggles HnM* :D
    Lol re not watching an entire episode! Thumpy and I had a similar conversation last week, and these days, we get distracted and wander off to do other things when the show is on. There was a time when this would have never happened. That certainly speaks volumes to me about the quality (or lack thereof) of the show at the moment. However, the optimism is indeed still there - cautious optimism. ;)

I'm so glad that you have also sampled the wonderful Admiral/Prez relationship and BSG. :) I also like Lost, even though it confuses me no end - doesn't take much!

11. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Ok so we're agreeing to disagree on this one.

s4 just ended a couple of months ago here, and I'm still waiting to see 'Rio' so maybe that's why I'm so starved for H/Y chemistry. Of course I'm looking forward to Y return in ep 22 so that I can hopefully see what direction the writers are taking H/Y.

I really like to see H/Y get together onscreen, maybe cos I had to endure s4 without any Y! And also cos I think it's not fair they have GSR on LV. :p So tptb should reward us H/Y fans already!

I jsut think that if they don't get H/Y together, tptb will probably write in another love interest for H and that'll suck big time!

Not sure if I'm making sense here.

12. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Well they have to direct H/Y somewhere. They've been building up for 3 seasons for crying out loud. So it would be ridiculous to just forget about it..

I was pretty happy with the Rio episode myself. Of course a hug would've been nice but not neccesarily. I'm curious as to if we're going to see some more flirting & chemistry like in the gold old days :)

13. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

*waves at HnM*

funny thing is that from 2 week in my country we have S5, and my mom is a lot surprise that i don`t watch this tv show any more. long time ago when we have S 1-3 on my tv no one can make me go out from home (even for beer)...how can i miss H/Y moments. ;) but now awww this 45 min long epi is like 2 h. in hell, what a waste of time :lol: i`m a lot afraid if one day tptb decide to put H and Y like couple, they will destroy everything (like they do it with S4). for me is better to live with the old glory re H/Y relationship S 1-3, but not to see how tptb make joke of it (for example this annoying H this days) . somehow i`m worried for Yelina cheracter, as we have say this many times i don`t want her back in CSI M on any price. if the tptb have spend off ideas and creative strength, will be better to put end of this story forever. i just don`t have patience and strength anymore. coz of this miami writers now i`m a lot careful with my new choice of fav tv-show. and also coz of them now i do my best to stay away from new shipp attached in this tv land..

14. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Well I do want them to get together but not just yet. Maybe in the end of season 6. When they are together it doesn't mean the story ends. You could still have those longing looks, those shyful smiles. Just knowing that they're together on there free time gives it that extra..

Does anybody here watch Standoff? It's a new show on fox, where the 2 main characters are in a relationship from the start. That show proves you don't have to have a soap opera to have 2 main characters be in a relationship and still be interesting..

As long as the relationship doesn't take priority over the cases it'll be just fine.

Okay now tell me which episode is this picture from? (it's a hard one to be honest)

[​IMG]

15. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Ok Kit you stumped me. I have no idea where that's taken from. Although the green shirt she's wearing rings a bell, I know I've seen that somewhere. Maybe the others will have an answer. Great signature banner btw Kit.

Yup that's what I think too. It's just nice knowing that they're together even during non-onscreen moments. It makes the chemistry, the flirting and the smiles shared all the more meaningful. Plus if they're together you get these little touches between them that'll be so sweet. As you said as long as the relationship isn't the focus of the show I think it'll be ok. TPTB don't have to try to make things interesting for the relationship they can just leave things be and let viewers know they're a couple who are also carrying on their lives as cops or whatever other profession.

The H/Y storyarc was introduced with a very interesting background, H being secretly in love with his dead brother's wife. I hope they'll allow that storyarc to come full circle and be played out as we H/Y fans want it to be, that is, them eventually getting together. I mean it has been an interesting journey so far with all it's barriers, ups and downs. And when H/Y get together the journey doesn't have to end. It would be great if they got together soon and we get to see the dynamic between them with an ongoing relationship. So I'm hoping s6 will be a good season for H/Y.

But let's see what happens in s5 first... so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.