Hodges & Wendy - Labrat Love #2, They "ARE" made for each other

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by DJRideout, Dec 20, 2009.

1. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I am hoping that Grissom's choice in the end, to go after the one he loves, will be an eventual eye opener for Hodges. The man idolized the bugman. And if he was willing to give it up for love, so should Hodges! Well, not so much as give it all up, but learn to be more open when it comes to matters to the heart and welcome Wendy into his life. Sure he'll be scared, but it's a risk worth taking....don'tcha think?

Gris went after Sara when he felt he was ready to go after her, so hopefully Hodges will do the same with Wendy. Just as long as she doesn't decide to give up on him in the waiting process, but I doubt that would happen.

Hodges made a short attempt at trying to convince him to stay, but he knew that Grissom wasn't going to change his mind. Hodges is a smart guy, he understood the decision that was made. Grissom kinda even called him on it...in an indirect way

H: "Who is Watson without Sherlock Holmes?"
    G: "Watson is a genius in his own right!"

So even if Hodges didn't want to understand the choice Grissom made at that moment, he did! Now... hopefully, that'll play off on his future decisions regarding Wendy.

And though one comment that H said to Gris: "Guys like us, don't just hang it up" (for love), kinda concerns me, on the other hand, perhaps Grissoms decisions and actions are suggesting that it don't matter who you are or how dedicated one may be, love often times wins out in the end.

2. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Thanks DJ

The last transcript line is a puzzle. But if you and I are right he has changed his pov. Maybe because of the Griss choice???

When is the Labrat episode on btw?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  3. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hello to all :).

I just wanted to ask yet another question today.

How is Wall and Liz employed by the franchise? Are they "free" to go do other stuff or are they "stuck" on LV? Reason for asking: if they want time to do other things there would be no need for more charactertime on screen but if their only job is this. Then things would be different.

4. DJRideout

Well, I think I mentioned not long ago, that I believe that Wally got a little leeway when it comes to working on other projects. I've noticed that when he has limited screen time on CSI, this season and the past couple of seasons, he was filming elsewhere. Like the latest movie he is in just went into post production a couple of months back. As for Liz, I am not sure...but I say she probably got a little leeway as well. I think that not being main characters say like Marg or George etc , allows them to pursue other avenues a little more freely. Sure they are credited as being regulars and are both in the opening sequence, but they are still minor characters.

But I have a feeling that filming with CSI is their main job. And I don't think it would directly threaten the characters they portray, working side projects, other then a lack of screen time. But you know it'll have it's pros and cons.

Don't know who likes the odd spoiler or not, I personally do, but in the extend promo for this upcoming episode, there is a shot of both Hodges and Wendy assisting in the porcessing of a car within the lab. Just the fact that they are in the same scene is a good sign and refreshing to see. We haven't seen much of the pair together lately so....I'll be keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

I honestly wish I knew. Between the Olympics and the possibility of reruns during that time, AND March Madness, we just might not see it until later...if at all. Other then the fact that Wally and Liz are helping in the writing of the supposed episode, I have found NO info on it. We need some H&W love. And if not that, then I'd settle for some battle of wits and flirty banter.

5. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I went and watch the promo. Even without dialogue IMO they are hinted at H/W as something. How much or how little who know. But do notice that they are framed close together and extra framed by the car door. I can´t wait to "hear" the dialogue. Please DJ do your magic when you have the time:).

I will be please with just a special look at the end at the dialogue. Between them of course - not at me:p.

6. riddick

riddick Rookie

I saw the extended promo last Friday..Definitely a bit of a relief, the ep doesn't look that thrilling 'though
    Is Wendy actually wearing the garage suit? My miopy is fierce but I think she could be wearing her labocoat..If so, what is she doing in the garage of the crime lab if she's not working there?
    Anyway, the fact that a scene between them is hinted in the promo means that TPTB think there are viewers who are potentially interest in them. Plus, maybe they're setting up for the labrat ep. And maybe the fact that many people saw tha Long Ball promo and wondered wether the girl and the guy making out in the lab were H/W means that are already seen if not as a couple at least as a canon ship.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  7. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi Riddick

Please enligthen me. What is that?

8. riddick

riddick Rookie

Check out the extended promo of Long Ball, there's a gal jumping a guy in a lab...Several people wondered wether it was H/W.

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi DJ and Riddick

I hope you are both doing fine:thumbsup:.

How was this weeks episode? This was the carscene week or not?

10. riddick

riddick Rookie

You can find the clip on the Tube. I can only say I didn't particurarly enjoy the scene, and I'm quite sorry about that...

11. SilverKat

SilverKat Hit and Run

At least they weren't arguing...;) And work very good together. Even if it was only for a minute...

12. DJRideout

I really don't know what to think of it either. It was totally not what I was expecting, but, if anything else, it was banter between the two.

I have two takes on the scene that played out. One, was Wendy just grabbing at something and anything to toss a playful insult Hodges way. Cause some people grab at anything to get the verbal upper hand, even if it means bending the truth a little...playing on words, etc. Not that I can really see Wendy the type of person to do something like that, but to keep up with Hodges' sharp tongue, she's gotta fight fire with fire, so to speak.

OR two, if it were true that Hodges went to those *snickers* Twilight message boards, how would she even know about it? I don't think it is something that even Hodges would openly admit to, to anyone, let alone Wendy...and we know he can be very vocal about certain things. Could this possibly mean that she knows a little more about Hodges personal life then we all think? Say...perhaps performing a few, strictly platonic (yeah right :p) house calls to our beloved trace tech?

Yeah, I'm probably reading a lot more into the scene then what is really going on, but hey, we gotta analyze the heck out of it...right? Cause with these two, we just don't know WHAT to expect. Or when...or even why. Plus it's been the only scene for the couple, together, since forever and a day, for us to talk about. :lol:

13. riddick

riddick Rookie

The funny thing about this scene is that a few days after I watched Criminal Minds "Performer" and there was a scene with Reid and JJ talking about the same thing....Spencer is Hodges' perfect counterpart, a middle age man in a boy's body LOL

I didn't get the banter between the two, actually I got the feeling that the banter was one way. And I didn't like it. I know Hodges is supposed to be the "target" for comic relief but two bitter comments in one episode with him not even trying to react....it was too much and not that funny...quite gratuitous I'd say. Hodges wasn't being offensive to anyone.
    I had the unpleasant feel that Wendy was trying to get herself in the spotlight in front of her potential coworker Stokes.

As for the question "how Wendy manages to know some of Hodges' Web guilty pleasures" well...two ideas:

1.Hodges surfes the Web at work, so it is not unlikeable that somebody got a glimpse at his notebook

2.Wendy is not a stranger to Hodges' place, and their level of familiarity must be pretty good, I mean, she strolls around the apt while he surfes the Web...She must be spending a considerable amount of time there.

I almost bend to hope chance 1 is the correct one. If they share some kind of intimacy and she likes mortifying him publicly that way...Definitely something I wouldn't like to see again.

I begin missing the old banter, when he didn't fear being as horrible as he could.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  14. DJRideout

In regards to the surfing the net at work. Very much possible, seeing in Labrats we've seen him checking and finding out that something he bid for and won on an online bidding site. But I've seen in a recent rerun, that Cath had made it quite clear that there were firewalls up on the computers to prevent from casual internet surfing. But we all know what tptb are like for proper continuation.

I do like the idea of the possibiliy of Wendy spending time at his place, but I would have to agree with you riddick. If Wendy is going to exploit his personal life in the way that she did, then I care not to see it again either.

And perhaps it slipped out by accident, forgetting that Nick was still standing next to Hodges. It's also possible that this could be a little foreshadowing for a future episode. Now that may be a long shot, but a thought all the same

I think he is a little more reserved over what he says to her now, ever since he basically kinda made his feelings for her, to her, clear, in A Space Oddity. He's put his foot in his mouth already a good few times, to the point, he's actually trying to watch what he says around her now. :lol: But I'm probably wrong about that.

15. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Wendy gets a good jab at Hodges in as Nick tells them to go over Renata’s car. When Hodges remarks that the car is pretty sophisticated for a teenage girl, Wendy quips, “Definitely more sophisticated than the ones you chat with on the Twilight message boards.” Oh Hodges! It’s so easy to see him hunched over a computer, dissecting the latest casting choice for the upcoming movie in the teen saga, or even getting into a nitty gritty plot point in one of the four books. Hodges, no doubt, is one who takes Twilight very seriously. I presume Wendy’s teasing also suggests Hodges has yet to come down to earth and take a chance by acting on their mutual attraction.

I wonder why that is so obvious to anyone except me.:confused: Why should Hodges be into Twillight? He is a trekie. Is Hodges living in fantasyland - in writer´s opinion - and unable to relate to real humans? I completely disagree. But let me know your take on this character - fact - addition?

For me Star Trek was valid. He is a science guy and one day when science will triumpf (? spelling) we will all go to otheraspace and live on the moon. So Hodges as a treekie is valid.

But why should he be into "Twillight"?