Hodges & Wendy - Labrat Love #2, They "ARE" made for each other

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by DJRideout, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Sometimes it is as if TPTB seems hell bent(?sp) on doing the show wrong. They axe a character with storylines and well like by Wendy?? Then they once again - needless to list but- Sofia - Lauren - Female MD in first episodes - try another female character out. AND as far as I have heard a very typical female character with romantic potencial (sp) for XXXXX.

We have been over this before....But if as stated in reviews this couple provided some comic relief and a great lab - rat episode pr season then this goes down the drain if the new labrat is more linked to her romantic XXX and if the character needs to come across as smart and "normal" I don´t see some comic relief there....:rolleyes:

2. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Agree on this… (it’s a kind of boring… I’m agreeing with most of you guys in this thread ;))

Yes… there are a few ;)
    Work was really busy this week….

Overhere we are also behind on the usa… we are somewhere between appenditicement and field mice.. (the best has yet to come ... sort of speak )

And completely with you on the cute smile…. It’s a very adorable smile…

Agree…. One of the main reasons I started watching again is gone this season…. It still feels a kind of strange...

Unfortunately they (whomever ) have other priorities..:shifty:

hmmz...... the 23rd is only a few days away... I'm curious if some answers considering the above and other matters will be given...

3. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Well, im in the Uk so I wont get to see the new season until next January. In the meantime im not reading any spoilers. So I hope that we wedges fans get a decent exit for Wendy, and that I can come on next year and say something positive about the relationship. One can hope, anyway!

4. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Hi all,

Coming with a bit of Mod Business.

Please make sure to use spoiler codes when discussing Hodges and Wendy until the episode has aired throughout the entire US.

That way those who wish to be spoiler free can remain to do so.

Second, please post at least three lines of topic about David and Wendy. There has been some discussion of 'other ships' in this thread. As long as it pertains to Hodges and Wendy's relationship, it's fine.
    If you don't like a certain ship,this is not the place to discuss your thoughts. There is a Debate/Dislike thread tacked to the top of the forum. That is the place to discuss/debate the merits and such of certain ships.

This thread is dedicated to the relationship between David and Wendy. Got it? ;)

Back to Hodges and Wendy. :D

5. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Yes... I got it ;) I do wish that some writers of a certain crime scene show also would get it..:cool:

As far as I can read (have to see the episode yet, though) I think there's not a lot to discuss about these two in relation to the season premiere... considering the fact there was no sign of any labrat at all... :shifty: well the lack off could be a point of speculation.....;)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  6. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

There was so much going on in the premiere, I'm rather glad they (or Hodges) wasn't in it at all. Hopefully there will be more time for them in the second episode to deal with everything, and have a proper exit for her, and reaction from him. I'm curious what they will do for a lab rat episode this year, without the banter between those two (romantic or otherwise, their bickering was so cute :)).

7. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well that is just it with this couple. The pairing is more then just "the couple" it is the banter - it is the a part of the labrat episode. And it could bring comic relief without harming storylines in generel. I read somewhere Hogdes is to be more core team???

Let me know how you see that comment as to the couple??

8. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Just a reminder or another one, ;)

Please us spoiler tags when discussing episodes until it has aired throughout the entire US.

And please, make sure to post three lines of discussion about Hodges and Wendy.

Thank you. :D

9. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Putting everything in spoilertags... just to be on the safe side :cool:

I hope tonight's episode will give a decent explanation about Wendy's departure... and that there will be any wedges after tonight's episode :(
    otherwise this thread will be doomed to go on in the "what if's" ...
    but having an optimistic soul somewhere inside...I'm sure they will do what is in the nature of both characters (ok a bit naive ;)) otherwise they just don't understand their own creations ....

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  10. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

That's really sad what happened. couldn't they at least make her a recurring character? That way they would keep everyone happy. Well, I hope they don't kill her off at least and she will return at some point like Payton in NY. This is the only other couple from CSIs I like(who is my fave you can easily tell;))

11. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

As they say: No news is good news in this case. Because for now TPTB has not killed off the character or they would have said something. So she must be alive somewhere. And as we have debated before return for a guest appearence EVEN if they choose to have her leave like Sara. We could still have some Wendy if it suited the Hogdes storyline.

Got a request on F- book from Wallace to join a "Liz- return to season 11" etition(?)

1. He is really a good friend both on and off screen. Asking his "Friends" to help her return. Now wonder the chemistry is so good.
    2. He "must" belive that the storyline is good for both characters as he is allready "safe" as new core member aka previous statement. So he still likes having the lovestoryline going on.
    3. Perhaps he too fears for the lab - rats and labrat episodes in general. Note again he is "safe" as core member.

Just went back to edit: SEE SPOILER TAG FOR ADDITION NEWS

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  12. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Again ....turning on lights as I am all alone.:eek:.

Please join Wallace in his campaign to "save" Liz if you can. If you need more info please let me know.

If we are ever to get the "buzz" and "fun" back in this tread we need Liz. LOL perhaps even the series need a Liz to be fun again.;)

Ok 3 ponts about H/W:

1. People from various parts of the world like them
    2. Hodges is good on his own but more XXX with Wendy around
    3. Labrats episodes needs the banter that is W/H

13. margarita_salt

margarita_salt Hit and Run

What you all have to say about Wendy/Hodges is all very interesting. From my point of view I have been a fan of this couple since the first "Lab Rats" episode and I feel like this story is not over for them, I think it is just the beginning. Hope I am not the only one that has that same view.

14. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

we're saving a lot of money at the electricity bill over here ;)

Not surprising, but I totally agree.. it shouldn't be over... but then again... we are only humble mortals ;)
    Over here we have 10x18 fieldmice on air tonight... some Wedges for old times sake :)
    It will be strange though...

15. Half

Half CSI Level Two

The ending was just... random, honestly. It was like the writers realized that Liz had been fired and went "oh... crap. we already had that episode written." So they went back and threw a scene in that seemed sort of disjointed. Normal-normal-normal-ohbythewaywendysleavingokayitssadbye-normal-normal-pissyirritatedheartbrokenhodges-normal-normal-normal. Even ignoring the stupidity of firing her in the first place, it didn't really work in the episode.

But then, I'm still just thankful that they at least mentioned where she was going, unlike Sophia/Ronnie/RileySomewhat.

I haven't been watching CSI lately because I've been busy in school, but I'm assuming that Hodges quickly went back to his snarky self, didn't he?