Grissom & Sara #25: Running up the Phone Bill

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Adzix, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

Re: Grissom & Sara # 25 "Running up the Phone Bill"

Gahh! I just typed a reply and the whole thing deleted :(

anywho, I will say it again: I just watched the clip on grissomsararomance.com and oh.my.god. how cute was grissom, he is totally betwittered with her.

I was saying in my deleted post how I think they have had a reversal of roles. Sara has become more sophisticated and mature, kind of learnt how to control the overtalking thing, but then again, maybe she just saves it all up for when they get home?! Grissom has learnt to express his emotions more, he sent her a present, wrote her a letter (even though we are not too sure whether he sent it or not), told her he misses her, and chased her down in the hall with that adorable grin plastered on his face!

...that we would be getting a scene in grissoms apartment? Wasn't that supposed to be in this episode, maybe it will be in the next episode, or even the shaving scene could be in his apartment, and then they could make out?! Well I can wish cant I?
    Also does anyone know any GSR spoilers for the next episode?

I also found it un-csi-like to have someone comment on someone's appearance, like when Nick had that tash, i dont think anyone commented did they, correct me if im wrong, and also when grissom grew the beard the first time around, again no comments. but Sara commented in this episode, well I think that she was talking about his beard. Maybe this is the writers way of emphasising that they are together and talk to each other about this kind of thing?

yeah I did, iI was gonna comment but you beat me too it! It was a fleeting glance, but definetely there! You know I just thought, did anyone read that fanfic about grissom's fantasy about sara in a jumpsuit? That made me laugh when I watched the clip! My umm friend's, umm second umm cousin's friend told me, I dont know any of the details, honest. :rolleyes:

If you head to grissomsararomance.com the clip is there, its quite long, a whole 41 seconds! Not a record but yeah.

I was thinking that maybe its a butterfly, and the latin name for it has Sara's name in it, again it was in a fanfic, again I was told about it, um, yeah, honest..:rolleyes:

I broke up for half term from college today, and now I have a whole week which I can devote to watching CSI! Its gonna be a brill week!

2. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

There's got to be a morning after...

Oh, Poseidon Adventure.

Anyway... MORNING AFTER POLL!

yay!

Pretend you're happy. lol.

3. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

on the poll i voted for other, sorry :)
    i thought it was awesome and i loved the way grissom was all chirpy! Although maybe i shouldn't have voted because i dont know about the rest of the episode, so cant say that it didnt distract, etc. But yeah, totally awesome! :D Maybe a kiss would have been better, had she not smelt of rubbish! ;)

4. butterflylove206

butterflylove206 Prime Suspect

I voted so cute. I love this long lost side of Grissy! Yay GSR! My only gripe is that we didn't get the shaving scene cuz now Im sure itll be next week and I'll miss it *sobs* but I liked the not-so-subtlety
    My thoughts during the hallway thing were totally "Oh my gawd is he gonna just pounce on her IN THE LAB!" lol
    the way she replied to see ya later was a little worrysome though. and I do have to mention I really felt bad for Catherine at the end there

5. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

I can't stop laughing at the fact that the moment they meet again, Sara has just gotten back from a garbage dump. :lol:

I liked the scene, but I was expecting something at the end of the episode, something more than 'I'll see you later'. I guess everyone was too busy dealing with Keppler's death, but anyway, seriously, make room for GSR! I hate how the writers are dangling everyone else getting physical with Grissom and Sara in our faces. They got that guy in Meet Market to hold Sara's hand, and Grissom put his arm around Catherine in Law Of Gravity. We want some Grissom-Sara physical action! I don't mean a make out scene randomly coming out of nowhere, I mean seeing him put his arm around her or something.

The only thing I didn't like about the scene was that they were yelling the last two lines, basically. 'I'll see you later' and 'Yeah, you will' were practically yelled down the hall. I thought they were being secret agents with relationships!

Grissom and Sara: The new stars on Mission Impossible.

Oh yeah, you know it.

I liked the backwords walking at the same speed thing. It had a good effect. I really liked it. And it was so amazingly cute.

I made myself sound SO smart there.[/i]]Which episode is it again that someone dies in Sara's arms and Grissom hugs her in the break room? I forget which episode it is, and I know I'm going to love it because of it's similarity to Committed, which is my favourite episode.

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I picked the first one. Honestly, I'm just... happy with it. Usually I come on and I go, "Yeah, but..." But not really. It reminds me of earlier in the season where it was like, "Yeah... not much to discuss. Everything's just... good."

And that can be bad for message boards, but it's fun, as a fan, to just enjoy an episode.

Apart from the cheesy dream sequences, I can't think of one thing to pick apart from last night.

And so, like I said, I think the GSR was just a nice break from the doom and gloom.

If Grissom gets back into town, finds out his team nearly went to hell, and that Keppler might be a murderer, does he REALLY need to get into it with his lady right then?

Plus I think that it's also possible that Sara was just trying to get out of there, so was reassuring him everything was cool, but her final statement can read as sexy or angsty, depending on what follows.

7. Shipwrecked

Shipwrecked Police Officer

GSR hangover! Yay. (Okay, it's 5 in the afternoon now, but I'm still recovering.)

As unsure as I was about Sara's, "Yeah you will" thing, overall it was cute. Grissom was just grinning like a 17 year old, which was very adorable (beard or no beard), and he even checked her out.

I really don't think Sara's pregnant, but I think Nick is. There was this shot of him, and I was just like, "What happened to the six-pack?" He had the chemistry teacher pot belly going on.

And I'll openly admit that I cried when Keppler died. I liked him, okay... And when Catherine cries, I cry.

But yeah, we definitely need the Sara-Grissom physical contact, since they've both had it with about everyone else.

I think it might be empty eyes...

Still, I don't rest until Grissom puts a razor to that...that thing. I don't care who thinks he looks nice.

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I voted "so cute" and it was, boy when he wants to turn on the charm . it flows from the core of his soul :p he acted like a kid on spring break..giddy!! really sabbitical, and it was the best moment in this "dark, dreary" episode :( and so much for the TV Guide and CM, saying "they'd end up back at his apt"!! ~~~cutting room floor~~~ again :( and Grissom , 'da beard'.. nasty :eek: next week.. shave if off Sara, or trim it, or dye it!!!

[​IMG]

9. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Dude, seriously. I’m Bifacial. I’m bi- pretty much everything ;)

RE: LoG - Oh my holy goddess naked on a cracker!

Seriously, that scene is just too... wow. WP and JF have the most amazing facial expressions. I LOVED the repeat of the Grissom eye!sex from ToYD - he was so wondering what she was wearing underneath that overall. And I loved the little quirk with the side of his mouth when he said "garbage dump". And I loved Sara’s "it’s SO obvious, isn’t it…" She’s so totally thinking "Crap! Not how I wanted to see my boyfriend! Damn it!" And, oh god. Playful, flirty Grissom? Yummmmmmmm.

I loved loved loved the lingering look she gives him before she leaves - it’s just so… perfect.

This pair are totally turning me into a sap! Not good :eek:

Time for GoScaRs...

10. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

:lol: LMAO hay as long as his facial hair stays away, im happy.

Anysways I realy liked that when Keppler died and cath was crying it was like a lightbulb went off and he conforted her. I am 99.9999999999.....% sure that this is cause of sara.

Oh sorry. dang im a bad list keeper.

Team 'Bifacial':
    Alyssa
    brass_lives
    forensicsgirl
    MissDee
    onlyvegas

11. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

i am bifacial :rolleyes: ,only i miss in this episode some one kiss or hug. griss very happy and sara reluctant , but well in another episode will be ;)

12. geekprincess

geekprincess Dead on Arrival

Adzix, that was the funniest thing I've heard about this episode yet -- I just about spit my pop onto my monitor! Seriously...that is just priceless. *imagines the expression on Catherine's face when she sees Grissom pinning a fresh-from-the-dumpster Sara against the wall and dies laughing*

Seriously, though, this was a great episode, even aside from the GSR. Add the GSR and it's one of my favorite episodes of the season so far. sarahvma, your comment in the poll about the scene being a fun little break from all of the angst in the rest of the episode was spot-on; thinking back on my reactions to various parts of the episode, I remember dropping my jaw and screaming, "no, no, NO!" at the TV quite a few times -- I just about teared up myself when Catherine cried during Keppler's death scene, and that's saying something as she is not one of my favorite characters -- but the reunion scene was the only one I laughed at. And laugh-worthy it was...am I the only person who thought it was reminiscent of that scene way back in Season 1's "Crate and Burial," when Grissom goes all geeky and weird when describing how he just about blew up his garage while playing with a chemistry set as a boy? I just about choked laughing when I first saw that scene; I thought for sure he'd gone high or crazy. Anyway, I honestly think last night's scene was the closest he's come to being in that mood since Season 1. He's almost absurdly cheerful, and looking at him you'd almost think he didn't have a care in the world (except for how to get Sara alone ;)). And when I thought about it, I realized he finally has gone crazy...crazy for Sara. When I re-watched that scene, I realized that Sara could have told him to run through the lab hallways in a fuzzy pink dress singing the Hallelujah Chorus, and he'd have done it. Really...he might have. And the best part is that he doesn't care! The man is GONE. I give it 3 weeks max before someone finds out about them.

So, yeah...I'm counting the minutes till next Thursday, looking forward to the return of the MCSK, and hoping that the next episode is half as good as this one, because if it is it'll be a gem. Meanwhile, RIP, Keppler...it was fantastic while it lasted. And welcome back, Grissom...I missed you! Can't wait for next week!

-- geekprincess

13. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

oh c'mon. it's the Geek thread, no?
    oh, i loved the way you captured this scene Alyssa. i dunno why but i almost never catch the "almost angsty" Sara comments. i remember it wasn't until i came here after the ep that i noticed Happenstance was angsty, lol. i was all "OMG, they were so flirting and she just told him to hurry up if he still wants to get laid today".

that's why i COMPLETELY didn't see any angst in yesterday's GSR. c'mon, she was soooooooo flirting, she couldn't help but grin like stupid at him.
    wanted to vote first but i accidentally voted second. i so loved this scene i watched it about 30 times. did i mention i love GSR?
    well you know if they hid in his office, closed the blinds, and locked the door it would've been a lot more suspicious. but they pulled the "blue paint killer", yo. they were so visible, and so obvious, that nobody would pay attention to them. at least for now.

i wouldn't be surprised if somebody catches on soon though. PLEEEEEEEEASE make somebody, ANYbody suspicious. please?
    okay, i don't hate him anymore. i didn't really want him to die either. he was still pissing me off, but i agree that Liev's a total package, like Sister Patterson says.
    it was soooo adorable. i think WP would make a good comedy actor. he had some hilarious scenes lately, more than usually. Nick's hug, Spanky Hogdes, in the corridor with Sara, only to name a few. guess it's Billy talking.
    i loved it as well. if anybody's gonna tell me there was angst there too, i'm gonna go on a shipper-retirement.

in the poll i voted for the WTF Grissom - sorry, but firstly IE. that WTF face was absolutely priceless and more WTF-ish since Copernicus discovered Earth goes around the sun not the opposite. in my second choice for the same category i had a dilemna. Thermite and Grey Hair were WTF-ish in a similar level, so i settled for Loco Motives, cuz it's more recent and it's harder to make Grissom to WTF when they are canon. besides, his pout in the end was adorable.

for Sara WTF moment Since I met you wins without competition. as for the second choice, Poppin Tags, cuz my own jaw dropped on the floor.
    i agree. i showed my friend the Oh Mandy scene, cuz i think it's just purely OMG, even though i'm not a huge Nick fan. she doesn't really watch CSI, and her comment was "that fat guy? yeah sung kinda cute". just the opinion of somebody totally not hooked on the show.

in the meantime though did anybody notice that during the GSR scene when they've shown our Geeks from a profile, Grissom actually lost some of his belly? he still got some, but it looks pretty much the same as in the Pilot. i'm certain it's the sex.
    lol. thanks geekprincess ;)

14. onlyvegas

onlyvegas Victim

Well I'm a bit behind but this was the first chance I got since the episode aired.

For the morning after poll I voted so cute. I think the hallway is my new all time favorite GSR scene. They both played it so well. I love how he stalks her down the hallway and the way she just completely lit up and wouldn't stop smiling. They were in their own world. It definitely seemed like if she stopped backing up he was going to pounce. lol...I can totally see that scene taking place at home with a much different ending. ;)

Plus, I was extra happy about the lightheartedness of it since lately I've been a bit paranoid about Sara. Now, I'm unspoiled so this is totally me being crazy, but I'm really nervous about something bad happening to Sara now that they are finally together. Especially with the MCSK out there.

After seeing last night's scene it made me think that Grissom sent her that letter after all. Either that or we all got a little too freaked out and angsty about his sabbatical because the two of them seemed just fine. :D

I hope we get to see more Sara next week. I really hope that we'll get another scene like WtG soon!

15. arbitrarylabel

arbitrarylabel Civilian

Aye mates I'd been keeping up with these boards for a while so I figured it was about time I sign up.

Just to take a step back though, thought this was interesting since I'd been waiting for someone to transcribe it for the hard visually challenged/non-speed-reader/i-basically-suck-at-rewinding-and-pausing-tivo:

Sara, Our parting was awkward. I don't know why I find it so difficult to express my feelings to you. Even though we're far apart, I can see you as clearly as if you were here with me... I said I'll miss you, and I do. ...can express (my?)... better than I... Sonnet #47 >>>>>>>>>credit: grissomsararomance.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.