Grissom and Sara;#34 GSR...Back With A Passion

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by bengali13, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

Elayne that is a fabulous scenario. I would so totally scream my heart out if that happened :lol:.

Desert I firmly agree with you. Nobody falls out of love with someone because of a problem in their life, unless that someone IS the problem. Sara loves Grissom dearly, she said so in her letter. And I doubt she could remain angry with him over not going with her the second time round. He was busy, she knew and understood that.

Gil understood that she had to leave to gain her freedom from forensics, even though it pained him. It is a constant reminder of what happened to her as a child and preteen. Las Vegas reminds her of her abduction and near death experience, I wouldn't blame anyone wanting to get rid of those memories. As I have said before, he had to sort out work first and hire new CSI's to replace the ones he has lost. Then appoint a new supervisor.

Just found this one the JFO website on a forum post. Pay attention mainly to the parts in bold:

William Petersen, who plays admired Grissom, departs "CSI," and the 9-year-old forensics drama delivers an emotional wallop, starting at 9 that night on CBS.

Executive producer Carol Mendelsohn said Petersen told her, "Give me an exit as good as you gave Jorja." (Jorja Fox plays Sara Sidle, Grissom's love.) "You know how much we love Billy, so we wrote our hearts out for him," Mendelsohn told me.

But executive producer Naren Shankar disputed the notion that the show is simply giving viewers what they want. "If you're talking about Internet chatter, I guarantee you will find half the people for it and half the people against it," Shankar said. "It was right for Grissom."

And here is the link as the site gives the link to the source of the info.

http://jorjafox.net/forums/topic/csi-9x10-one-to-go-15-jan-2009#post-197

CSI S9 begins where I live tonight. I'm going to need a box of tissues I think.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

:eek:MissMurder OMG I love that news, thank's bunches, your a doll;)and a bad news bullentin:scream: Bush is giving his stupid farewell speech on Thurs. during 'primetime' crap, just wave and sneak out the back door. So he's leaving and Grissom is leaving, who would you rather have stay? but I feel that the 'tape your recorders for 10 minutes longer" from our little Ausiello worm, must mean our dream come true,with GSR why else would they have it run longer, Grissom goes out in the alley and plays ball with Hank? Boy have they kept this a big secret, but lots of hints and clues about this. And be sure to purchase this week's EW Magazine, with guess who on the cover? a brief peek.

BILLY BABY and not to be slighted one of our girl too! they sure would have beautiful children!

JORJA

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  3. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Okay um, little concerned here...I got the newest edition of Entertainment Weekly today and there was a nice 3 page article about Grissom's departure which was nice but one of the things said by LF concerned me, I'll put it in a spoiler box to be on the safe side =]
    "if fans were to follow the clues of this season, all those private moments of reflection and despair suggest that Gil regrets allowig Sara to get away. But a scene in this seasons fifth episode, in which sara sent an upbeat video message intimiting that her life was actually fine withoout him, could mean that his EX-FIANCÉE won't be so reseptive to a reunion."
    ex-fiancée ?!?! I beg to differ...

4. MissMurder

JorjaFoxFan that concerned me too when I first read it. But I wouldn't be too concerned.

For a start I wouldn't have said Sara's video was "upbeat", it was anything but. You could hear her voice crack, she was upset. As for ex-fiancee, I wouldn't say that either. They only presume that because they had a sort of argument, and she has left Vegas. They still deeply love one another, that is obvious to see. As I have said before, Grissom only said that so he wouldn't hold her back from the things she wished to do. He was busy with work, he had so many changes to make. I think Sara realised that afterward, remember she has a serious temper, it takes her longer than a few minutes to calm down. As for the whole live without him, yeah right. If she see someone who reminds her of him, I don't think that is living without him do you? She clearly still thinks of him.

The ending is going to be adored by half of the fans and hated by the other half. Does that sound familiar? GSR is adored by half of the fans and hated by the rest. The ending is also going to be right for Grissom, the up the ante comment shows us he wishes for a family. He is in complete love with Sara, yes he was pained by her leaving but he knew she had to do that. Now he is going to fix it.

I think Sara will want a reunion, as her letter said, she loves him. Dearly loves him. I don't think that after one tiny disagreement she is going to throw away the love of her life. Every couple in this world has diasgreements and arguments. Remember dark before dawn which means Grissom must have a happy ending.

I don't think there is anything to worry about ;)

Desert I have never really trusted Ausiello. He says things that turn out to be different. I trust there is GSR and happy GSR at that in this episode but he has made me believe things so much before to have it turn out to be utterly different. 10 mins longer may have something to do with the case, or it could be a fantastic ending to Grissom's legacy at CSI.

5. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

thanks MissMurder, i'm sure i'm over-reacting, it's just the fact that LF could say that after having seen ep. 10 kind of scares me :cardie: after all that has happened on CSI, i'm finding more and more that i'm only tuning in for GSR and i only play the gsr-y eps on DVD now...the show has lost it's flare, i hope that Lawrence Fishburne can turn that around, but they have to keep Grissom alive on the show through conversation...gossip if you must :rolleyes: but i'm scared that once Grissom is gone so will his name :(

6. MissMurder

I'm nervous of that fact too. I'm frightened that Grissom will be forgotten when he leaves. However I don't think that will be the case. The team cannot possibly forget a friend and a mentor that quickly. If they do they are not friends.

Grissom will be mentioned I'm sure of it. Even if it is only in gossip, Billy said he will be a guest star somewhere down the line. Even if it is just a visit or to aid a case involving insects. Grissom will be back, and not forgotten. He is/was a main character, the face of CSI for 9 years. The writers cannot just cast him to the back burners after he leaves. There will be a mention of him surely.

There may be even a mention of Sara in the gossip or when he returns. That would be interesting. Maybe something about a wedding invite??? :luvlove:

We'll just have to wait and see.

Keep the Faith, I'm sure everything will work out fine.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I just read that LF has only signed up for 1-1/2:confused: years on CSI, that's odd a season and a half.. I'll try and find out where I read that, but he's a movie star, and this could be too grueling for his style, & maybe he's just a fill in and a test person. And on Grissom, he's gonna' return I know he will, if he was totally done with CSI, then he would have stepped down from his position as ex. producer. And when he comes back I bet Sara does too, why not, it makes sense. That's what I love about him is from the onset of this romance he's never faltered or wavered on his first choice for a love interest. [Jorja Fox] It's been a continuning story line, and has had bumps in the road, what relationship doesn't? They will leave together, and I think they've always been in touch, he's so secretive and private he just keeps it to himself. I don't think anyone will ever call him a blabbermouth:rommie:

CANNON

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  8. MissMurder

Hello my dears, tonight is the night :eek:. Jan 15th already!!

I have some fabulous GSR-y news for you!!! :hugegrin: :adore:

Grissom yearns for a life by the side of Sara Sidle (Jorja Fox) and one beyond the grueling and soul-deadening life of a CSI. Thursday’s story line reinforces that resoundingly.

Source: http://www.popmatters.com/pm/article/69049-csi-crime-scene-investigation-airing-thursday-on-cbs/

On a video I found on Youtube, where Billy Peteren talk about Grissom's goodbye, he states that "She [Sara] is the heart of Grissom"

Link to vid: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kOR7CZKW4J8

And I read that a TV critic I think who happens to be a GSR fan said "I loved it (I bet you can guess why?)"

Source: http://blog.zap2it.com/tvgal/2009/01/gil-grissom-is.html

I am really looking forward to this episode now, I'm sure it will be a fantastic end to Grissom's legacy at the Las Vegas Crime Lab.

9. SA_Kate_937

SA_Kate_937 Police Officer

I'm so nervous about this episode!

But since I'm in Europe... I'm going to have to get up early tomorrow and find out from you gossip mongers whether it was good or bad, once I know that. I'll be fine and I will relax until I can scavenge the episode off of some website. :p

Anyways, keep the GSR faith. :D

10. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

Hey Guys!!!!!!OMG, is today!!!!!
    READY OR NOT HERE WE GO!
    I'm so nervous too!!!!
    MissMurder, Thank you so much for the news!!!!!!:thumbsup:;)
    i guess, i will not sleep tonight!
    The GSR faith is with ME!!!!!!
    Rambo said in e-mail for a GSR friend
    "Thank you very much for writing. Episode 910 -- it will be both an ending and a beginning. I hope you enjoy
    Sincerely yours,
    David Rambo"

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  11. Shipwrecked

Shipwrecked Police Officer

I wasn't sure if you had been fed this:

Petersen’s final scene is sweet and a little corny, and will provide closure for longtime fans. "It was something that we discussed for a very, very long time," says Naren Shankar, one of the show’s executive producers. "It felt like a natural place to end" the episode. From : http://www.star-telegram.com/movies/story/1143891.html

It's all done in the understated, under-lit "CSI" style. In the final minutes, however, there's actually sunshine and an ending similar to Julianna Marguiles' departure from "ER"; for fans, it's a fine payoff... And click here to see what that scene was like

Ladies and gentlemen it has been a wonderful run. And there are 5 hours and approximately 15 minutes between me and the new episode. I'm gonna piss my pants.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2009
  12. x3nity

x3nity Lab Technician

When all the forces of GSR'ers come into one, today is your day whilst me, greeting you a beautiful friday morning from this side of my globe. I shall come back later to see of your posts and comments and we shall celebrate of "our reunion".

We're all going/coming (?) home.
    ANd kiss the day goodbye.

[​IMG]

----
    *aahhh.... ANticipation.... Excitement... Stress :lol:*

See you guys around. Take care.

13. peaceygirl

peaceygirl Civilian

Am I the only one who has watched this epi? I'm waiting for posts. Maybe Toronto got the epi early?

14. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I wanna do both!

15. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I have to agree with MacsGirlMel on this one. Is it good? Is it bad? I HAVE NO IDEA!

I have to point out that the fact that Grissom's walkthrough echoed Sara's, but he's happy and content that he's leaving. Two sides of the same coin, both made equal in the end.

(If that made no sense just yell at me. *laughs*)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.