Grey's Anatomy #2 ~ The McThread, Seriously!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by SunsetBoulevard, Feb 13, 2007.

1. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

*sigh* I'm really getting sick of Izzie... She has absolutely no right to openly tell George that his marriage is a mistake. And she needs to realize that by being mean to Callie that shes only HURTING her relationship with George. Also, I hate that she feels the need to mention that things moved too fast with Callie and George because she fails to remember how not long she knew Denny before accepting his proposal. But oh man, Callie is gonna be furious if she finds out about their little tryst. And I can say that im glad they were drunker than drunk when they did that...and Izzie looks like she regretted it.
    And I hope that this will only drive George back to Callie :)

2. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

That was a very interesting episode. Christina's history of having relationships with her mentors does not shock me in the least, but I think that what attracts her to them in the first place is their being equal to her on that intellectual overachieving level. However, who says that to their fiance!!!! She needed to have found some other way to tell him that she is madly in love with him other than saying that she was marrying him to make him happy. *headdesk*

I was really happy to see Meredith move beyond her tired, scary, damaged persona to at least entertain the idea of playing nice with her father and step-mother. And guess what?! She likes them! It's exciting to see that relationship progress.

Now this George/Izzie/Callie thing... This show did establish itself as mostly soap-opera from the very beginning. It was always going to be that show where people slept around, and that was cool because it was set up that way from the beginning. But George, seriously. You have this big blow-up with your wife and learn some things about her. She should absolutely have told you this from the get-go and I smack her upside the head for not doing so. In the midst of this fight she brings up the perfectly valid point that you always seem to choose your friends over her. You say things about your best friend that suggest that you hold her on a pedestal that does not make room for your wife. You leave and get shit-canned drunk with said friend and fall into bed with her. I hope Callie cuts off your man-bits and feeds them to you.

3. RBC

RBC Coroner

Your right, it's him. Some of you may know Roger Rees as the excentric Lord John Marbury from The West Wing.
    Overall, the episode was good. I hope the character of Colin will stick around. I actually thought nothing was wrong with Callie's secret. After the whole Meredith and Denny thing we don't really need another huge thing. And George and Izzie :eek: blegh

4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

This episode was definitely not one of my faves. usually at the end of a show I'm doing the whole, "Wow! That episode rocked my socks again!" This is one of the few times that that wasn't the case. I was more than a tad disappointed. The whole Christina/Burke/Dr whatever his name is storyline felt so forced and contrived to me, as did the George/Izzie storyline. They were both just too ridiculous for me to take seriously.

The one saving grace was actually the Meredith storyline, for a change. If it hadn't been for that part, I think I would have to give this episode a complete failing grade.

5. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Last night was really good for me. It's transformed me into a I/G shipper. :lol:..

6. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I have to agree with Baba. I wasn't overly impressed with this episode as a whole. I'm glad to see Merideth giving her 'other' family a chance though.

7. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

I was SO thrilled when I found out that the new episode called "My Favorite Mistake" is airing tonight instead of next week!! :D YAY for no waiting!!
    The Synopsis goes something like this~!

“My Favorite Mistake”
    Thursday, Mar. 22 at 9/8c

EPISODE PREVIEW
    George meets his new father-in-law (and is no condition to make a good impression), Alex helps Jane Doe determine how the world will see her from now on, the hospital board begins interviewing the candidates for the Chief's position, and Izzie wrestles with a startling revelation.

Hector Elizando is playing Callie's dad-i loved him in the Princess Diaries :)

8. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Oh last nights ep was really good. The whole george and Izzy thing is going to drive me mad but I think in the end it's going to happen..they totally love each other..aaaaaah. I loved the scene where he remembered what happened..I was like *jaw drops* and the closet scene was so angsty..

I really like this new side of Alexx with this Jane Doe girl. It's a very good story line but it's seeming like Denny/Izzy a little. I don't think he's falling for her but he's getting attached to her and he was the one so against Izzy getting attached to Denny. But I like the caring side of Alexx.

9. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

CTV is messing me up by moving CSI to 8 and GA to 9 since when I'm at work, I tape Supernatural at that time!! :mad:

Glad to hear the new episodes have been really good and that they're continuing with Alex and Jane Doe. I've been liking that side of him.

10. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Yes I think Alex has finally found his human side and I like it.

As for Izzie and George not telling Callie, this is going to blow up in their faces. You cannot keep that big of a secret. And the way they looked at each other in the closet--I almost thought they were going to go at it. And now Callie thinks George is great for standing up to her dad. And you know George, this is gonna eat him up as he went from being the perfect good guy to bad boy and he cannot handle that.

11. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

This is the second week in a row where I haven't been overly impressed with Grey's, and it's freaking me out! They better not go too far over to the dark side of soapiness because I liked the balance they've had up until now. Plus, I'm really starting to get over the "unique, once in a lifetime" type ailments or accidents they're having in pretty much every episode. It's becoming the hospital version of the "monster of the week" syndrome.

Man, I hope they get back into some more original (and also compelling) storylines soon!

12. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

I liked last nights episode. I was so proud of George fo rejecting Izzie's advances in the linen closet. He really does love Callie and I'm sick of Izzie trying to convince him that he doesnt. Just let the man be happy with his wife for pete's sake! :mad: And I was so happy when he said this when she said "We need to figure out how to tell Callie":

"We cant tell Callie, do you have any idea how much this would hurt her? I'm not going to clear my conscience at her expense when she has done nothing but support me and encourage me and believe in me and this is how I repay her?"

And selfish Izzie didnt even have the heart to even look like she cared. What a friend...

13. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I'm with you, Baba. This episode wasn't terribly moving and after it was over, I wasn't even moved to have the post-Grey's discussion at the office the next day. Blah.

I'm not so sure that Izzy was trying to make advances on George in the linen closet. I think that she realized that they had both made a *huge* mistake, and was engaging in a battle with her own conscience about whether to tell him that it had happened at all when he did suddenly remember. They are so wrong to keep this from Callie; it's going to have ginormous consequences when she does find out, and I have no doubt that she will find out eventually.

If nothing else, this whole incident is probably going to be the catalyst to Izzie realizing that she needs to support George and Callie's marriage instead of attempting to tear it down.

Meredith and Derek have completely strayed into McBoring territory. It's official.

14. RBC

RBC Coroner

I normaly don't care much about who's getting together with whom, but I really hope they don't go forward with the George/Izzie thing.
    Am I the onyl one who loves the whole 'who will be the new chief?' concept. I really hope it's not going to be Mark. I just love him, because he's so funny, but he shouldn't become chief. I hope it will be either Derek or Addison, but I guess I can expect it not to be Addison.

15. CSIangelface

CSIangelface Dead on Arrival

id love it to be addison just becasue i love her character :) and i feel just a lil bit sorry for her :)