Grade 'Forbidden Fruit'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Dec 17, 2008.

?

How would you grade Forbidden Fruit?

1. A+

12 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. A

28 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. A-

8 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. B+

7 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. B

7 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. B-

4 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

ep was greaaaat. love danny and adam with the elephant crap. haha. aaand. flack of course. ella is such a stalker. gah. but i do love the ending to this ep when she wrote "i will make him love me", of course with her signature letter o. very intriguing. i guess it means this whole ella thing will continue in another future ep.

angell and stella. girl power. haha. love their scenes. they are the type of people you wouldn't dare to mess around with. loved angell in her undercover thing with the greek guy. who wouldn't take the bait right? LOL.

mac and stella fighting.. oooh. made me remember their season 1 fight about the horse or something haha. and i seriously loved cody's (that's the suspect's name right? haha.) line about isabelle's business partner, "that woman is diabolical." it made me laugh out loud. that was good. and i also loved flack's "science and facts" thing. lol.

overall this ep was awesome imo. i gave it an A. the d/l thing did not overshadow the greek storyline, the isabelle vaughn storyline, and of course, the highlight of the night (i'm being sarcastic haha), the ella storyline. sooo yeah. it was good! can't wait for next year! gah that sounds so far away.

2. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

The one great thing about this episode is the continuity of story lines from previous episodes...Stella's rat fisherman/Philip II Greek coin case and creepy/stalker Ella for Mac. I think the continuity fairy has been listening to us NY fans.

Ella is quite disturbing and that postcard shown at the end? Really creepy. I love how Angell and Stella teamed up trying to get that Greek consul to take the bait. I wonder how everything will resolve itself in the coming episodes.

Ah Flack, he really loves his food and his quip about the cod liver oil was just classic Flack.

I can't believe this is the last NY ep for the year. Can't wait for next year.

3. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

You ask, we provide :p
    no effects
    a little clearer
    with effects

I have to say I really enjoyed this episode, and Mac in particular. He took charge of matters and did not appreciate Stella's actions with the coin forger. In my opinion, he had every right to be angry with her. He's her boss, and he has to be able to justify and explain every action she does. Because he is indeed responsible for everything to goes on in the lab. (Btw, thanks for the mental image there, Fay :p)
    I'm curious to what his reaction's gonna be when he finds out Stella and Angell went ahead without his permission. Talk about one pissed off Mac.

Oh, and I'm not much of a DL-shipper, but the baby kick thing was pretty cute. :)

4. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Another 997 Thank yous. <---That equals a thousand thanks.
    *Hugs and Kisses _Hush_*

5. andunesilme

andunesilme Lost in the parking lot

Omg, when I watched the eppy I didn't even realize that behind the 'I Will Make Him Love Me' text were 'crime scene do not cross' text. I'm just wondering what that red colour was, and what for was that red ball in the pic, it seemed (and seems..) totally unnecessary.

Back to the topic. I think this was finally that kind of ep I was waiting for, not too much of anything (and yay, finally there was few smacked-moments too :cool: !). Last ep was good, but this was better. Hope the writers keep this direction ;) Anyway, the case was interesting. And I definitely didn't like the whole Ella-thing. Yuck. :scream: Why was Mac being so nice to her after she cut herself in the end? 'cmon, he even said himself that the cuts weren't deep. Actually, the whole end was creepy. Not nice. I wish they wouldn't continue on that storyline, but it seems that they will. Nah. Before I complained about not having continuity, but now there's too much continuing storylines at the same time. :wtf:

Awwie, there were small awesome moments. Every one of scenes, where Adam was, were awesome! Luv <2 And I love the thought of guinea pig-Mac :devil:, me wants, can I have one, pwetty pwease? :drool: Angry!Stella going Rambo was fun, like always, Hawkes playing with the machine, yummy :devil:. No dna? That sounds interesting, wish there would've been more about that. And big YAY for the suspects, there was actually more than one suspect in the case! It has been awhile since that happened last time, they were starting to be too super-H-cops. Mac's definitely been watching super-H -behaviour too much, now that he must act like H. Boo! :scream:

= A-

6. PepeBee

PepeBee Rookie

I can definitely say this episode is WAAAY better than the last one! :thumbsup: And I agree, Mac is looking hot in this one, yessir/ma'am he is!

As for the storylines, I was freaked out about Ella. My mind went, "You too?!" Seems like Mac has his ways with the ladies eyyyy. :lol:

The D/L fluffy baby moment was...okay I guess. Kind of cute, really.

The cases were pretty good too. I love how that demonstration go but Mac, I wish you brushed your teeth or used mint to freshen your breath! And Stella being a hard-assed bitch going after creepy Greek dude and tagging Angell along was awesome. Serious girl power!

And this episode's winners: Adam and his elephant dung, Flack and his cod liver oil and Angell's coin dealing. Hot stuff I say!

All in all, A!

7. adamandeva

adamandeva Witness

great epi i have it an A

8. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

I also gave it an A, I like the story. I dont know about this whole Mac thing. Another stalker. Yay! that's the first time that has happened to him I swear it! Boo...

I missed this part about DL? What happened?

I liked Danny in this ep, he was his old self. And yes, he said "Sup" he's so hot. I love the interaction between him and Adam. They are awesome together.

What else.... Stella right... meh. Boring. I just don't see her being tough. She bores me. But I love Angell

9. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I thought the majority of this ep was pretty darn good, earned a solid B from me. A few things rankled with me, but overall entertaining.

Loved the bits of continuity we're getting this season, which is a welcome change from seasons past. It was fun seeing Sid get grossed out during the autopsy, which he doesn't very often (and I knew he'd call in Hawkes to share in the gore! :lol: ) I always like seeing Sid/Sheldon scenes. And we got some fun Flack/Messer scenes, loved the "Facts vs. Science" bit, Flack rocked! :thumbsup: Fun bit with Adam/Messer, too. Those two have good chemistry. The Messer/Monroe/Baby scene? Meh. I'm soooo over that storyline already, and it has barely even started :rolleyes:

I'm possibly one of the few who doesn't get annoyed at yet another Lindsay demonstration... probably because Mac himself obviously gets annoyed and impatient with them, and I find that funny, therefore it makes me not mind those demonstrations quite so much :lol: This one was actually interesting, too. Never heard of that little fruit, but Oh, the Possibilities... you could be tricked into eating some pretty horrible stuff, with the assistance of that little beauty.

The Ella storyline? It has some pretty intriguing possibilities. I agree with whomever mentioned earlier that it's not uncommon for someone who has gone through what Ella has, to become fixated on someone who has helped them, particularly an authority figure. She specifically mentioned to him that she appreciated his kindness to her during the ordeal with her father etc. I don't think Mac has figured it out yet, but he will soon, he seems to be pretty tuned in to his numerous Stalkers ;)

I was looking forward to the storyline with Stella and the Greek consulate, but man, that woman can be so pig-headed, sometimes... :rolleyes: I can see her wanting to use any means necessary to get the guy, but I can definitely see Mac's point of view in this instance, too. I only hope Stella informed Angell beforehand that Mac is dead-set against them doing what they're doing, so at least Angell would be going into this with eyes wide open...

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I gave this episode a solid A.

I was interested from start to finish. I also loved the character moments in this episode. Flack was snarky and pissy, which is always fun to watch. Adam and Danny were adorablly funny together. Danny and Lindsay were sweet with the baby kicking. Stella and Mac were on their game with their conflict. Angell and Stella kick ass working together. Hawkes and Sid are great working in autopsy together. These moments are a big part of the reason why I watch this show and I loved that there wasn't one pairing (yes, I mean DL) that took up more time than the others.

The other great thing about this episode was that the continuity fairy visted a few different times which is rare for TPTB to pull off on this show. We got Adam referencing his father, we got the Greek story line and we got Ella back for what seems like a recurring role or a multiple episode arc.

I think I'm coming to terms with the pregnancy story line. Yes it's ridiculous that last week no one was supposed to be able to tell Lindsay was pregnant and this week she's far enough along for the baby to be kicking. But to be fair I don't think TPTB gave us any indication of how long it's been since the last episode aired so it could feasibly be six months later.

The problem I still have with it is that they're showing all of it inside the work place. Lindsay was looking for Mac for her stupid demonstration (sorry but I don't think I'll ever be a fan of those) but then kept him waiting because she and Danny had to take time out so Danny could feel the baby kicking. Then when he couldn't he said to come and find him the next time it happens. So is Lindsay just supposed to drop whatever she's working on and bust in on Danny with whatever he's working on and say, "come here quick! The baby's kicking!" I realize that they'd want moments like this on the show and I thought the scene was very sweet, but it should have been a scene where they were leaving work or at lunch or something that doesn't make it look like any little thing about the baby (not that feeling it kick is little, but you know what I mean) will interrupt their work.

The way Adam and Danny talked about Danny's impending fatherhood was very natural and a realistic way two co-workers would talk about such a thing. Lindsay's "humor me I'm pregnant" quip to Mac after he pointed out he was her boss and not her guinnea pig was just bad. Lindsay doesn't need any more excuses to be annoying.

The thing that really peeved me off about this episode was Mac's speech to Stella. So what she's doing could comprimise the case, but Lindsay leaving evidence out while she's busy running away from Danny is no big deal as long as Lindsay is OK. I could go on a major rant here, but I won't. I'll just say, "shame on you, PTB." Lindsay really is the "special snowflake" of the lab. :rolleyes:

I'm intrigued about the Ella storyline. I mean if anyone has a reason to be a emotionally clingy psycho it's that girl. I just wish they would have had her interact with one of the other guys in the lab. It would have been great if it had been Hawkes who had helped her during her father's murder and now she's latched on to him. Or even Danny. That would play well with the now forgotten spoiler (it was a spoiler to go along with Rikki coming back and now that she's not its a moot point) that Lindsay would come to Danny's rescue. Making it be Mac especially when he already has the FBI watching him because of the missing flash drive is just over kill.

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I gave it an A. Great episode--lots of action in this one, and an exciting case. I can't wait to see the confrontation that's being built to between Mac and Stella over this sketchy Greek killer! Mac is going to be really pissed when he finds out Stella defied his order.

I like the Ella storyline and think given her case it makes sense that she'd fixate on Mac. I feel bad for her--it's got to be pretty terrible to have one parent dead by the other's hand...and to know you're partially responsible for it. I think even the most well adjusted person would come a little unhinged by that.

I don't think Ella is under-aged...I'd put her at about 24 maybe? And people can be suicidal and still cut across...it may be that she's working up to it. However, I do think in this case it was more a cry for attention.

Agreed--I would have rather seen one of the younger guys in this situation. It's definitely the kind of situation Danny, who tends to be very empathetic, could wander into unintentionally--and Danny, unlike Mac, wouldn't as readily recognize he was being manipulated.

I thought Adam's interactions with Danny were cute, and I thought Danny and Lindsay getting excited about the baby kicking was sweet. Lindsay using her pregnancy as an excuse for everything is not going to be fun, but it was nice to see Mac getting a little frustrated with her--good to know some of us here aren't the only ones who find her irritating. ;)

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

LOL, "Jello-o is God" :lol: It even has marks to indicate the jiggling! :p

No prob, babes. :D

I'm wondering if I can get some to use when I have to take medicine. :lol:

ETA:

I believe the spoilers for "Dead Inside" indicated she was like 23.

13. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I joined the long line of people who gave this one an A.

I laughed at the guy in the store with the mop. Has he never heard of paper towels? Just smear the gunk around with a mop why dontcha!

I loved the Adam and Danny scenes. But, I found Adam a little more confident with Danny than I've seen him before. It could just be me but I've always had this sense that Adam is a little intimidated by Danny and that Danny likes messing with Adam a little, so Adam slapping Danny on the back and talking on such a personal level seemed a bit out of of character. Not that I don't like it because I do, but it seemed to come from nowhere. Maybe I'm delving too far into it though, but it seemed there was an ease to their interaction I hadn't seen before.

This episode definitely contained the D/L that I love. It was a sweet moment and was much more preferable to the drama imo.

They referred to the rat fisherman case being three months ago so it's possible this episode was set a couple of months after the last which is possible if you assume Lindsay was a couple of months gone by the time she told Danny.

It's interesting because when I saw that scene, my first thought was that Stella came across a little childish and unprofessional. Not that I have a problem with that because it's nice to see Stella come across as a little more flawed than she usually does. I actually think Mac handled it well, in much the same way as he did with Lindsay and the evidence. He addressed the issue as a boss but showed empathy to Stella's situation. I don't see how that makes Lindsay any more of a "special snowflake" than Stella really. :)

Besides all of that I love that Stella and Mac are likely going to be going up against each other over this. It'll be a fun ride.

I have to agree but I guess the assoication for Ella is the 'father figure' Mac likely represents, the others are probably too young to fit the bill.

I did find the whole Mac stalker thing a little annoying, not only because it's happened before but also because of Mac's reaction to it. He knew something was up. He was obviously a little uncomfortable in the store yet he still went to her apartment alone - twice! Maybe it's because I've worked for too many years with people with psychological issues but I found that weird and have a cynical edge when dealing with those in distress, but you have to assume they may make things difficult for you. You never, ever put yourself in that situation and I would've thought Mac would know better :rolleyes:. It's something I'd expect Danny to do but not Mac. He's just making a rod for his own back and could well find himself getting into something unwittingly. Then again, it wouldn't be a drama show without the drama!!

14. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Just 2 quick comments -

1) yes, enough with the stalkers already! Poor Mac. I guess everyone finds him as attractive as we do?!
    2) So, let me get this straight - that wall has all those cards on it, right? I assume the props department did that. Just a guess. So, they get paid to do all kinds of arts and crafts to hang on the wall? How do I get that kind of job? LOL!

15. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

I think it's probably a few weeks/months later given that everyone is past the surprised stage and is already accepting of it. Thanks god. I hate those cheesy moment where a character gathers people together to tell them their news. Usually at the end of the episode.

I would have liked something between Flack and Danny though. His reaction is the one I really wanted to see, and nothing. It's a little bit disappointing, but never mind.

Aww, come on. They're excited! It's probably something most couples would do when they're expecting their first baby. I thought it was cute away.