Gilbert <3 Cathy #26: PureJoy--Layout Room. Right Away!!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by mj0621, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nukejane12

nukejane12 Dead on Arrival

Re: Gilbert <3 Cathy #26: PureJoy--Layout Room. Right Away!!

Echoing EricaSJ - didn't they end season 2 with the beginning of Gil's hearing problem? Then, proceeded to drag that storyline out for the next season. (I was happy that we got the 'hug' toward the end.) Of course, last season ended with that scene. I guess all I'm saying is they have 'set up' for the 'next' season toward the end of the 'current' season previously.

Personally, I don't think the kiss will have any meaning for next season as far as romance goes. (BTW, I'm not too sure I want TMTB writing a romance for them given how this season has gone! Give us some nice shippy moments and let the fanfics rule!) I think they had Billy and Marg on becuase they needed some publicity for an episode that wasn't generating interest. From Marg's reaction, I don't think the kiss was planned. JF apparently/supposedly isn't playing well with others right now so it seems reasonable she wouldn't be on..........

Regardless, I was tickled to see it!

2. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I agree wholeheartedly on that!! Who was going to be interested in tuning in to a CSI episode that was being promo'ed as a UFO/alien & shape-shifting storyline? Also probably a reason they brought in a cult figure (Ally Sheedy) for this episode.

I also think that part of the reason for Billy & Marg as the ones interviewed might have been just a matter of they were the two that were filming a scene together at the time (would that really be possible for this season?) and took a moment during their downtime to be interviewed.

Whatever the reason was, it was a big breath of fresh air for a lot of us!

And...that kiss was definitely NOT planned. Marg was way too stunned and flustered. Maybe we'll see an extra spark now during whatever scene it was that they were filming at the time?

3. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Easy, easy. :lol: I wasn't saying that kiss was planned. lol. Apparently Marg was so stunned she didn't know what to say for a moment. ;) What I was saying is why CBS didn't have ET cut the kiss and insert the part where Billy talked about the canon ship instead since, according to TPTB, the "beautiful audience" loved it and 60% of the viewers were happy to see it revealed. It was so obvious that they were using this kiss as an advertisement no matter it was planned or not while until this interview, they had been promoting the canon ship like whoa. :lol: I just thought that was interesting. :)

4. rebec

rebec Police Officer

*waves back at Erica * long time no see :lol:

ITA about TMTB using it to draw in viewers because they know it will, or else why would they risk the possibility of getting on the nerves on majority of the audience (according to TMTB's own statistics)?

Or maybe marg and billy understood the sufferings we're going through and decided to give us this (billy started the kiss, marg teased us with her comment :D)

I dunno, I just have a feeling that this is a nice change of view for both GC shippers and non-GC shippers. Like Erica said, it really is a breath of fresh air, saved us from positively suffocating

5. coolcatz

coolcatz Head of the Swing Shift

now why can't they put this on the show? hot. hot. hot. the definition of chemistry. check websters and you'll find this there.

anne, your sims pics are killer. and i know why they play chess at 4am. cuz they work the night shift and on days off they play chess when they would be working.

as to why they used bm in the promo and the kiss well that's obvious (as has been stated) bm flirting pulls in viewers, proven last year. they've lost over 1/5 (up to almost 1/3) of the viewing audience depending on your source. they have a finale that will turn off many viewers. so what can they do? give us bm kissing.

6. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I just finished capping the episode. Totally loved the scene where Gil watched Catherine and Warrick perform their "sword fight". That was cute. I already said this on BTA...it sort of reminded me of AngelEyez's YoBugBling fic titled I Like to Watch. :devil:

coolc, now we know Gil's big screen TV is in his bedroom. What do you think is the reason why Cath knew he had it? They must have done something in his bedroom. lol.

7. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

You know...I'm thinking that TPTB didn't really know about this ET. I mean...perhaps they did choose to let Billy and Marg advertise the show, or maybe the two just happened to be filming a scene together when ET came along. The kiss seemed quite spontaneous to me, unlike the first kiss they showed on ET. But...the whole "Costars Caught Kissing on CSI" does work well for advertising, right?

That's part of the reason I can't understand why TPTB would choose another pairing over this one. They familiarize the viewers (somewhat) with this pairing and suddenly...it's something else. I'm glad Marg acknowleged the fact that yes people speculate about G/C but...she didn't know that we still do. Fan letter time? :)

8. 27dayz

27dayz Police Officer

I totally agree with coolc. If TPTB give us this lovely little ET interview, they may think that it will get those of us that have stopped watching the show (or threatened to stop, like me) to watch the show. Personally, I'm holding out for the finale. If it sucks, I'm moving on.

K, i loved that interview! God Bless the poster on youtube who posted that interview! If GC do get together in season eight, TPTB will have to show some eps on payperview. The only thing I loved as much as the kiss and Billy's "It's the only time I get to kiss her" was when Marg said she thought the producers started smoking crack when they wrote leaping lizards (which sucked and confused the hell out of me.). ITA with Marg, but I think TPTB may have started long before Leaping Lizards.

9. rebec

rebec Police Officer

We know for sure already? Which episode was that? Now can we say that he has a bathroom in his bedroom, they finished whatever they were doing in the bedroom, continued in the bathroom and cath fell asleep in the tub? :devil:

I got the feeling that she knows people are still speculating, that's why she said "anything is possible", or is it just me?

10. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

Lol 27dayz, I posted that interview on YouTube. :) Glad you enjoyed it. All credits do go to Erica though. She posted it on Blacktie Affair and I just snagged it and made it more accessible. :)

She only said that people speculated about it for the first two or three seasons, and she said "anything is possible" back in an interview for season 3, which would be about 4 years ago...so...I don't know. She's trying to leave it all open but the truth is, we don't know if TPTB are.

11. ren28

ren28 Pathologist

I love your questions, Erica.

I think the ratings say it all. T_TB probably thought that the canon ship would anchor the 18-49s firmly enough not to be drawn away by the competition. The huge outcry after WTG probably made them go "subtle" :rolleyes: for two-thirds of the season. So it wasn't obvious to them what was causing the ratings to sink into the doldrums. But now that they're bringing it to the fore, the slide has been almost constant.

Maybe they also did other market surveys to find out why 1/4 to 1/3 of their audience have deserted the show. (I'd like to credit at least the marketing people on CBS with competency.) And perhaps they realised that a lot of the non-internet folk out there loved the rapport between Cath and Gil.

Most certainly. Do you smell desperation? There won't be GC for the remaining two episodes, or at least no more than what we've been seeing because the filming is done way in advance. What they can cobble together a week or so before an episode airs are the promo clips.

I suspect the angry Cath scene in the next episode has been edited to reel in hopeful fans of Marg... or non-fans of GS. I'd be curious to hear how it's played out, or if that "I could slap you" line has even been edited out. Won't put it past them! :rolleyes:

Smacks of a salvage operation! Since they've become bolder in depicting the affair, the ratings have been gently subsiding. Even among the coveted younger segment of the audience. So it was time to bring out Marg. And Billy along with her. Must have been a wrenching decision for T_TB! :lol:

Have T_TB's marketing people gone out to find out who the present and ex-viewers want to see together onscreen - and not necessarily in a shabby affair like what they are dishing out with the other chemically-challenged couple? Maybe they have, and maybe they discovered that both online and especially offline, their viewers enjoyed the Cath/Gil dynamics and their unforced chemistry.

Of course we can go on speculating. There are so many possible reasons for their doing what they did.

12. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Erica First off, love your avi. Second, I sooooo noticed that. She was like, yeah er, ok!

GraveyardinternI diiiie everytime I look at your banner. I love it so much, still got that vid on repeat. Squee.

I was thinkin, Billy said he does it every year, so does that mean he's gonna do it again next season!?! AWWWHHH YEY! They should give us 5 more for the seasons we missed. Cmon Billy n Marg, you know you wanna! ;)

I just LOVE this theory rebec

13. Ted9999_GCR

Ted9999_GCR Victim

Ohie. I found this on you tube. It's a promo for TGTBTD. I think they're going to keep that little, 'I'd slap you right now' line in there. YAY!! ^_^

YAY! Watch me!

14. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

OMG EXCITING! That episode looks immense, grrr got ages for it to come here yet.

Omg, they're alone, in Grissom's office, ON THE SAME SCREEN AT THE SAME TIME! Are TPTB trying to kill us with an overload of GCR?! *adjusts voice so it's no longer sarcastic*

That line is killer. 'I'd slap you right now but you'd enjoy it too much.' Damn right he woulda lady lady. He kinda looks a puppy being told off, mwahaha, perhaps a hubby/wifey moment?! I think so.

15. Lunalove

Lunalove Police Officer

Very exciting promo! I'll definitely watch that when it airs here. In like 6-12 months... :(
    I've always liked Lady Heather. She's cool and without a doubt my second choice of leading lady for Grissom. I'm sure she'll spice things up a bit!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.