Friday Night Lights -- Every day counts. One night matters.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by allstar12, Feb 1, 2007.

1. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

[​IMG]

Synopsis: Expanding on the hit feature film "Friday Night Lights," this poignant series centers on the small rural town of Dillon, Texas, where the coveted state football championship rings are held in the highest regard. Dillon's promising high school team, its star quarterback, and newly appointed head coach Eric Taylor feel the mounting pressure of the town's pride and honor riding on their shoulders as a new football season kicks off.

I got into this show pretty late, but I have to say it's better late than never. It's a really great show, even if you don't like football :p

2. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

Re: Friday Night Lights -- Every day counts. One night matte

I agree. I really like that show. I absolutely love the way it is filmed. It is so well filmed that sometimes it feels more like a documentary than a tv show.

The ratings are not good though :( There was an article in last week's EW, and they explained that although the show received a lot of praise, ratings were not following, and since today it's all money, it's gonna be a problem, they don't know if the show's gonna last long.

Matt is my favorite character. He's hot, and always so well intentioned. He's got a good heart.
    I like Smash too. I like his big mouth :D

3. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

Yay to allstar for starting the thread :D

I got in to the show late as well, but really like it.

I'd probably say Matt is my favorite character too. I like him and Julie, but judging by tonights episode, he's totally messed that up!

4. allstar12

I hope it gets picked up for another season, I hate when show's I love - and just get into - get the axe :(

Hee, there's Matt!love everywhere. He's my fave as well, he's just so adorable and isn't the typical football jock. I think it's so sweet how he takes care of his grandma.

He definitely messed things up w/ Julie last night, silly boy.

5. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

I really liked the powder-puff football storyline they had. And Coach Taylor's reaction to when he found out Julie was quarterback was great!

I can't remember- do the other coaches know about Smash's drug use? If so, I have a feeling that this new controversy may bring it out in to the open.

6. allstar12

I loved when Tyra flattened Lyla (I just realized how much their names rhyme. LOL). It was so funny.

And Julie as QB was so cute. The Coach was so excited and she was actually pretty good.

I don't think any of the other coaches know, mainly becuase Smash's mum just brought it to Coach Taylor. Im assuming he didn't tell anyone else, even the other coaches, to protect Smash and himself.

7. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

Same here!!

I guess Matt didn't screw up too too bad since he's now forgiven. Jewellery...that always helps...

Here are some discussion questions-- do you think the Panthers are going to win the championship? I'm still trying to figure out if they'll end the season on a down note like losing in the big game. With all the bumps in the road, I'm thinking they'll have them win it.

What do you think of Jason going to the quad Rugby tryouts? I don't think Lyla's supportive of him enough. She seems to have to have everything perfect in her world.

Picture time--
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Have any of you checked out Scott Porter's (Jason) myspace? He seems like a really cool guy!

8. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

9. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

Bumping up the old thread to say that the show will be back next season!! Yay team! :D
    Instead of it's original night, it will now, logically, be on Friday's at 10 :)

10. allstar12

I don't know how I feel about it moving to Fridays. Nothing seems to do well on that night.

11. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

From TV Guide online:

Friday Night Lights Adds 24 Fave, Tree Hill Hottie

Shall we assume that Agent Pearce ultimately whisked Martha Logan away to the Mount Airy Lodge for some good lovin'? Glenn Morshower, who played 24 fans' favoritest Secret Serviceman, is joining Friday Night Lights this season as Landry's father, a state champion Panthers alum turned local lawman.

Also according to the Reporter, One Tree Hill alum Daniella Alonso is coming on board as the in-home nurse who will help Zach care for his Alzheimer's-afflicted grandmother. And yet I have to think that's not all she'll help da boy with.

Note: Glenn Morshower played Sheriff Brian Mobley in seven early episodes of CSI.

12. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

I'm so glad I found this thread!

I love this show and I can't believe they got snubbed at the Emmys. And I hope the studio will continue with the show, it's way too good to be cancelled.

13. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

I've been working like, every Friday night since this season began, so I've only caught about half an episode. How is everyone liking the new season so far? Good? Better or worse than last?

14. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Guys, if you love Friday Night Lights, you got 24 hours to save this show. Last one will be tomorrow, could be cancelled if you don't save it. CBS save Jericho and Family Guys, thanks to the fans. Now you can save Friday Night Light.

15. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I got a good new and bad new, Good New, Friday Night Lights got renewed and the bad news, if you guys got directtv, you will watch it on that statelite, if you don't have one, you have to wait 'till the winters show come back when it repeat.