Eva/Natalia #2: History Aside, She's Making a Good One!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Boa_Vista_Fan, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boa_Vista_Fan

Boa_Vista_Fan Rookie

Definitely. I find that almost everyone looks better when they apply their makeup in a way that makes them look natural as opposed to... over the top (not the exact word I was looking for, but eh).

That's why I prefer Maria Santos Grey's image over Natalia Boa Vista's. Eva's insanely gorgeous as both characters, but the AMC hair/makeup artists gave her this wonderful, "natural" look that I really, really love.

I know, right? I think I found out her real age right before she turned forty, and I was like: "Shut. Up. There's no way." What does she eat, what's her workout, and what moisturizer does she use?

2. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

I think it's more "can we have her genes?" :lol: She looks so good in just jeans and a sweatshirt - lucky, lucky lady! Somewhere in the EP thread there was one of her without makeup, too. CSI:M has certainly found some naturally lovely ladies. :D

3. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

You're absolutely right. Eva has been blessed with some very good genetics. The way we age is determined very much by genetics If she takes care of herself with exercise and a proper diet it just reinforces what the genes do. Some people are just blessed that way. If anyone heard the audio interview that I posted some time ago, she credits her skin and complexion to her father's side of the family.

Hopefully we can get done with this writer's strike and get on with more epis.

4. NataliaWolfe

NataliaWolfe Victim

5. doublehelix

That's a scene out of the episode "Silencer". I haven't seen it on YouTube. If you just want that particular scene you may be out of luck. The episode is too old to be on Innertube. If you have Itunes you can download the entire epi for about 2 bucks. It is also on the season 4 DVDs. I do know a few other sites that you could view it provided you don't mind some foreign language dubbed over the original dialog AND a rather poor picture clarity.
    To many EDeN shippers that is a favorite scene. It goes to the great chemistry the two have.
    ;)
    Whoop! Here's an option. Try this link. SurfTheChannel
    Navigate your way to the CSI Miami shows, it looks as if they have all of them here. The picture clarity is not the best and there are subtitles in some form of Asian writing.
    On my pc the stream was interrupted frequently-playing for a minute, maybe two then it would stop and start buffering all over again. But that scene should be there.
    Hope this helps.
    Is there a way to copy the scene from DVDs?

6. veggie

veggie Lab Technician

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Awww GO EVA!!! She tops all the other "Evas" in Hollywood, in beauty & talent!!!
    Why must they bring up the boobs???....my god, thier boobs for christ's sake. She is talented & beautiful, & she has great breasts, fake or not. ;)
    Honestly if I could get mine to sit under my fu&%in' chin like that after giving birth to 3 kids...HELL YES!! :p

Eva rocks! :cool:

8. doublehelix

Anyone happen to read the review on the homepage? For all intensive purposes the tone of the review was positive. The story had a good flow. That, mixed with some better dialog and some good casting.

The writer didn't come right out and say it but they did seem to say that it was a very solid performance from Eva LaRue. They also gave praise to casting Tia Texada as the original informant. I would definitely agree with that, she was pretty good at playing a street-smart, albeit slightly freaky, character.

I will say it again. Eva tends to have knack for often doing her best when no dialog is involved, getting the idea across with slight changes of facial expression often using those expressive eyes of hers. It comes across very effectively. In this epi when she was questioning 'Jane' the original informant, Natalia made a point to her not with a spoken word, rather, she used just a slight tilt of the head. Not overacted and not overdone in any way.

Good for her!! I hop we see more performances like that in the not so distant future.
    :) :) :) :)

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Yes, I was so excited to finally see a review. It was a bit late. I was glad to see the reviewer stick up for Nat's character...sometimes people tend to give her a hard time, even if it's obvious she is trying to do right. :rolleyes:

That was such a good episode for natalia!!!
    Although, I still think she needs more. She has the talent to really do something big here. I hope TPTB will take advantage of this wonderful actress they've hired & let her REALLY shine!! :D

The writer's strike is supposedly coming to an end soon. From what i've read, they may only have room for 6 epis. They better not cut any of Natalia's arc out of the rest of the season. :mad:
    We've gotten plenty from other characters. Put the spotlight on where it should be...pleeeease!!

10. doublehelix

Well, you don't want to forget everyone else. Aside from EDeN , I would very much like to see more between Natalia and Calleigh. Not only on a professional level but perhaps a deepening friendship would be a nice thing to see. :p :) :p :p

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Oh, I don't want them to just focus on her, believe me.
    I really wish they could do more to show some interaction w/ ALL of them opposed to just a few characters per scene.

'Miami Confidential' was the first Natalia story since back when Nick was killed mid season 5 so I just think it's time for her to shine, that's all.

I too, would like to see more of her & Calleigh. They've had some good "friendship" moments. My favorite is from 'looks could kill' when Calleigh was so supportive w/ Nick returning. & 'Rio' also, whe was very good w/ Natalia & had faith in her, so that was nice.
    I think it'd be fun to see them at crime scenes together more. 'raising caine' was a nice change of pace to have those 2 chatting about Horatio & Alexx's fender bender. ;)
    Speaking of Alexx, i'd like to see a friendship deepen between these 2 also. Even if they just threw in ONE nice moment between them.

***cheers to the writer's strike POSSIBLY being OVER, FINALLY***
    ***hands out Midori cocktails***

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

***coughs from all the dust in here***

Let's bump this thread.

Ok so what's everybody's thoughts...we have 8 new epis coming, hopefully a great Natalia arc!!

What do you all think about this?
    In epi 14 'You may now kill the bride'...Stetler starts a tally board to keep all the CSI's in check. Given Natalia's work booboo's from the past, do you think this will stir up some drama for her? r

13. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I'm excited about the 8 new episodes! :D Hm, you're right about all the dust. We need to add some life in here. ;)

The friendship with Calleigh is definitely something I'd like the writers to delve into. Like what was said by Emily in the recent CSIFiles interview--they're good friends. (At least that's what Emily believes, even if the writers don't present it directly on the scripts) So more of that please! Maybe show them off duty doing something together or making plans to go see a movie or something to that effect.

I find his little tally board to be a bit childish but hey, I love Stetler. :lol: I definitely think Natalia's past may very well fall back on her. We've seen her struggle so much with it while being employed at the lab. (People's opinions and speculations about her, her ex-husband's death, her past with the FBI, etc ) Hopefully we learn more about her through this--it's a great area for development.

14. doublehelix

Here's my view:

The tally board seems to be a great way to disrupt team unity and cohesion. Competition can be a healthy thing when used in the right way, but used the wrong way it can be disruptive and destructive. From the script snippet that was posted online we can see some indication that this becomes a problem with Ryan. Stetler does do something with the sole intention of discrediting a single team member, he does so with a larger agenda of undermining Horatio politically. I DO NOT think that this is focused on Natalia exclusively, but she may have to watch her step or her back. If Stetler wants to go after Natalia it seems he would do it by other means. Stetler probably thinks that she and Eric are still an item. Remember the embrace scene from "Deep Freeze"? The tally board is a means by which competition is going to be fostered. Competitive situations can have a tendency to bring out the worst in some people.

My view on it anyway. Good, there's a little less dust in here.

15. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

As you said, these types of situations bring out the worst in people. Maybe the team finds out about the tally board and they all start the blame game, using past 'situations' on each other. So even though the board is current, it might not necessarily be Stetler that causes the problems. (Of course though, he's the big instigator) It seems petty though and probably not something that will happen but it's an option, lol. And I agree, it won't be focused soley on Natalia but there's definitely a possibility that she'll face some issues. :)

^ Just a teeny reminder--when discussing future episodes, remember the spoiler code! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.