Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

The true shame in all of this is how much of an ill-effect that misplaced (IMO) E/C Dislike thread in the main "Crime Scene" CSI Miami section (not the Debate/Dislike thread in Shipper Central/"Explorations"), is causing on morale all across the forum. It's gotten to the point where I hesitate to go to the general CSI Miami section of this board because the strong anti-E/C sentiment from a few repeat-offenders has spilled over and polluted other parts of the board, like the general CSIM Spoilers thread, the Adam Rodriguez is Back thread, and others. It's almost as though the dislikers (I hope this term is OK) feel empowered by the fact that much of what they say in E/C Dislike thread (including the curse word I noticed there yesterday) is overlooked or lightly reprimanded; so they now feel free to take their inappropriate conduct elsewhere on the forum. So it's not really just a matter of staying out of the E/C Dislike thread.:brickwall: But Adorable_Crazy and kinkapoodles, as you correctly pointed out, I realize that each thread/section has different moderators who monitor at different levels. (A couple of days ago, one of the CSINY Shipper Central threads was temporarily closed just b/c a couple of posters didn't comply with the "post at least 3 lines on-topic" rule!:eek:). I don't think I'm alone when I say that I appreciate the great job both of you do in monitoring Shipper Central; so much so that I wish the same level of vigilance would be exercised elsewhere. But that's an issue for another day, and another thread, I suppose.:)

For now, I'm going to try my best to look past the negativity and concentrate on my favorite couple. If it means that my freedom to navigate elsewhere on Talk CSI is limited, then so be it. Speaking of our Hiphuggers ...
    Emily was probably just half-joking about Jake possibly coming back in the future. And if he does, I can't see him breaking up Calleigh & Eric either. One of the reasons Calleigh gave Eric for dating Jake rather than him back in "Born to Kill" was that she and Eric worked directly together. Of course, they now no longer work together, and besides, that ship has already sailed, since Calleigh and Eric established an intimate relationship during Season 7, even when he was still at CSI. So if Jake does show up, it'll probably be as nothing more than a catalyst to bring Calleigh and Eric even closed together, maybe in the form of a marriage proposal.:luvlove: Besides, there was an attraction of sorts between Calleigh and Jake, but nothing close to the deep, palpable connection between herself and Eric, stemming from years of being best friends, and, of course, their long-standing, sizzling chemistry.:drool:
    ----------------------------
    New fic - Mar. 15, 2010: "A Dozen Years of 'Almosts': an E/C Retrospective" (Rated T/PG-13)
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5818246/1/A_DOZEN_YEARS_OF_ALMOSTS_an_EC_Retrospective
    Summary: Based partly on *SPOILERS* from episode 8.20. A retrospective of my favorite Calleigh & Eric "missed opportunity" scenes/moments throughout the series, told from Eric's POV as he sits vigil by her hospital bed in "Backfire."

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  2. electra

electra Pathologist

So I guess we have a new title for the thread now.:thumbsup:

I thank Emily and Adam for creating Eric and Calleigh as they are.After 8 seasons and sometimes repetitive storylines,I am still interested in what is going to happen to them.When the news about Eric leaving came,I completely stopped watching or even caring.Then just by chance ,I watched "Into the Wind" and I was again hooked.But I do think they need some stability and we deserve more and more flirty momets like the ones of "Burned" or "Into the Wind".But as long as they are able to generate so much reaction from both sides,it will not happen soon.They are the main topic everywhere.

3. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I'm also going to step in here and say...

For the third time, people are entitled to their opinion.
    But, for whatever reason, if you don't like a mod or another poster, there is no reason to make it public. This is a place to have fun, not to bash people who may or may not agree with you. And certainly not the place to do so to a moderator who makes sure everyone follows the rules.

So, that being said, I would like to direct everyone who feels they need to say their peace as to why they don't like Eric and Calleigh to the

Dislike/Debate CSI Miami

There you are free to discuss why you like or don't like Eric and Calleigh.

This thread is dedicated to their relationship and only their relationship. Other characters are okay to discuss only if it relates to their relationship.

A reminder; there is to be no bashing of an actress/actor or character. Again you are free to discuss the actor/actress and how they portray their character and what you like or dislike about it. But flaming, bashing or overall spewing of hate is not allowed.

I hope this clears things up in here.

Now hopefully for the last time...

Back to Eric and Calleigh

4. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Sorry, not for the last time, but perhaps after I have had my say....because it needs to be addressed. I can be P.M. after this.

I'm really hoping that you're posting this to the dislike thread because of the actor bashing that's been going on there. The words "insane" and "delusional" have been attributed by more than one poster to an actor's mental state. I take offense at it and if I wouldn't be flamed beyond my-say what you want but this is my opinion and I am entitled to express it here-super hero flame retardant 'net suit, I'd post it there.

I have been slapped down for saying far more kindly things about someone(s) with eyewitness accounts and documentary proof. I refuse to reveal my sources as any good journalist would do. This has come not only from other posters, but mods as well and I now take serious offense that these posters can spew venom and make armchair psychological assessments of another person they have never met based solely on interviews. If there is a moderator that I need to take this up with, please direct me to them. I'll be happy to PM them and discuss.

Yes, I was a Journalism major and take not only the anonymity of sources, but censorship very, very seriously, especiially if it's lopsided.

Enough said. No double standards. Period.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  5. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I've been informed that the thread in question about actor bashing is this thread in the Miami Forum. We Shipper Central Moderators have no control over how the Miami forum is moderated. We're only allowed to moderate our forum. If there is bashing of any kind going on in that forum you still need to press the 'notify moderator' button I mentioned earlier and the moderators for THAT forum will look into it or PM the mods of that forum. They are listed on the main page of the board.

And BTW, the above post should have been sent via PM to the moderator it was directed to or to all the moderators of Shipper Central. This mess going on between this thread and the dislike thread in the Miami Forum should not be discussed on here. I'll also say this again, if you do not like the contents of that thread then DO NOT read it.

Thanks!

6. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Ok, now back to Eric and Calleigh.
    I have a feeling that Jake will come back to CSI Miami(this show likes it's recurring characters), but I don't think he will break or even threaten our couple. I rather think he will start a new affair, e.g.with Natalia or Valera(if she ever shows up again) or maybe put himself or someone else in trouble. I like the actor - he is sexy and charismatic, so want to see him again, but only if that means no additional problems in hiphuggerland.

By the way, thanks guys for your good wishes!

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I don't know if this should go on spoiler codes but just in case...

I don't see Jake breaking them up either. The only thing that annoys me (if he comes back) is that I think the writers will not be able to resist themselves in creating some kind of situation between the three of them. Maybe Eric becoming jealous like he did with horse guy, or something to that effect. Maybe it wouldn't bother me so much if their relationship hadn't already had so many situations thrown their way. Because it does intrigue me to see how the three of them would interact but at the same time I just want Cal and Eric to be happy and problem free for a LONG while (though I know we don't know when and if Jake is coming back). But if he is, then please just give Cal and Eric enough peaceful, happy time in their relationship before bringing him back. Plus I just simply DO NOT like Jake at all so I wouldn't mind the rest of CSI:Miami's life without him ;).

8. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

I personally don't think Jake will create more drama then the couple is already use to. Once Jake hears Cal is w/Erich he'll probably back off b/c he knows Cal is happy and in respect to Eric. The whole thing w/Jake and Cal seemed like she was in control the entire time.

9. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I guess it was said in the interview that Emily thinks Jake might come back. Doesn't necessarily mean he is. And if he does, I honestly don't think it's a problem.

A year ago, I would have. But I think the relationship between Eric and Calleigh is established enough. I don't even think there would be a jealous Eric. There could be, but let's face it.. it'd be a bit repetetive of what we've had in the past when jake was around. It's just nothing to worry about.

Jake and Calleigh would probably be just friends. They're adults. She told him she couldn't wait for him. I'm sure he would respect that. I just don't think there would be drama..

10. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Just a shameless plug, yet it still has to do with Eric and Calleigh. Go to, if you want,: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4124594/1/Family for a St. Patrick's Day story with our couple. It's a silly little bit of a thing, but it amused me to write it and I hope it amuses you to read it. For those that have no clue what March 17th is all about, heck, read it anyway for fun. And, no, I'm not Irish, but I am a full-blood Celt.

11. Divot

Divot Victim

Ladyd10 - love your St Paddy's day tale, and I never had thought about it but Cal could certainly be a nice Irish lassie or at least come from that stock! Nice story. Thanks!

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Hey guys, If you want to post links to fanfic or even talk about it you still must post at least three lines of on topic discussion.

Thanks.

13. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Yes, and I did that. It was within a three line link. At least on my website view it did.
    I was working off an HP Mini, which has smaller text guidelines. I can't always be at my regular computer. If something strikes me while I'm on my netbook, then I'm going to post. If my mini limits my expressiveness in how many lines it can produce, then Micrtosoft needs to be addressed, not me. I'm only dealing with what I have available at work.

Thanks for the compliment!

Mods are going to have to rethink guidelines for Blackberries and Mimis.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  14. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Posting from Blackberries or minis or iPhones or whatever is NOT going to be addressed. The three line rule applies from a computer or laptop. You will need to see just how many lines you have to post on your Blackberries to make three lines on the computer. If something strikes you and it is NOT three lines of ON TOPIC conversation and you continue to post anyway, you will be given an Official Warning.

Also, please familiarize yourselves with the rules regarding fanfiction:

~ Good posting is NOT: complementing someone on their artwork, fanfiction, avatar/banner, discussing thread names, conversations about real life, countdowns to new episodes, etc.

~ Remarks regarding artwork, fanfiction, discussing thread names, countdowns to new episodes, and BRIEF allusions to real life MAY be included in posts but ONLY in ADDITION to the 3 line MINIMUM of good posting.

Thanks.

15. Miamikiller

Miamikiller Dead on Arrival

Sorry but lady10..clap clap clap

Then sorry for ladyhunter who says one thing and kinkapoodles who says the opposite...very confused! Now why we should be reprimanded by not saying out loud what we think here...the other ones on the "hate" EC can and there is no problem...at least I'm on 3 lines

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.