Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I am so happy that Adam is coming back as a regular, CBS heard the fans and I couldn't be happier! I love that Adam and Emily have been vocal about their pairing and really wanting to see it work.

2. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

Yay for Eric coming back full time, party time :beer:. I was wondering how long this CBS v. Eric thing was gonna last, they finally realized that Miami isn't Miami w/o Eric. Now if they could just stop the drama with E/c and get on with their relationship, sometimes its' like watching soap opera.

3. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

You know, ever since hearing that Adam will be back full time next year, I haven't been able to stop smiling, even just a little, despite the sad news in my location. Even my students noticed that I'm happier than before and all I tell them is that I got good news and it makes me very happy.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  4. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

I know what you mean. You know your happy when people notice or your jaw starts to hurt. :hugegrin: I'm glad Miami realized the importance of adam's character. If they get e/c relationship right we'll be all smiles all the time.

5. vignes[smallgir

vignes[smallgir Hit and Run

OK!!! GUY'S SO HAPPY THAT ADAM WIN THE NAACP AWARD!!!... I'M KIND OF NEW IN THIS SITE, but i love to read ff a lot. but a can't find fan fiction of e/c here...so can anyone help me out!!!, please------- thank you-------

6. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Hi Vignes,
    The Fan Fiction section of this forum is quite small, and I think that there are only 1 or 2 E/C stories there. There are a ton of CSIM stories (including E/C fics) on Fanfiction.net, LiveJournal.com, and the CBS CSIM forum. I'm sure you'll have better luck on those websites.:)
    Hope this helps.
    ~ Delquesne

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Thank you D&Daddict :thumbsup: I'm so happy there'll be lots of Eric around from here on. I would really love to hear what Emily thinks of Adam coming back and what that means for Eric and Calleigh. Plus I have to say that I'm really glad the olympics are over and we get a new episode tonight; even more since Eric is in it :).

8. vignes[smallgir

vignes[smallgir Hit and Run

:evil:OK...DID YOU ALL SEE EPISODE 16.... I THINK THAT EPISODE SUCK'S....THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE SCENE FOR E/C TOGETHER:confused:...... :(

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi Friends :)

How do you interprete " closure" ? Is that a negative or a postive word? In this context?

How did the tv - couples poll end?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  10. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

vignes[smallgir - we knew this was not going to be a Hiphugger episode from the beginning....for that matter and forgive me if this comes off wrong but, I do not want every episode that Adam is in to be a E/C episode.

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I think it could be either depending on how you look at it. What I mean by closure is that the "will we/won't we", "it keeps happening" will finally be defined as either they commit and delve into a stable relationship or they decide to break it off completely. I hope that the writers see this episode as an opportunity to define EC's relationship once and for all. Of course my wish is the way they'll do that is by showing how in love they are and giving them the opportunity to have a commited relationship without so much thrown in their way, but they could also decide to leave them as friends and end it altogether (which would really piss me off). But the truth of the matter is that this ambivelent, are they/aren't they, stage of their relationship has been dragged out forever and it needs to be defined and stopped. It's been basically three seasons of this and IMO it's been enough. I'm sorry my explanation took so long but that's basically what I meant by closure ;).

Edit: I don't know why it won't quote Ajbuckly's complete message were my quote about closure appears, but I give up trying to figure it out...

12. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

My opinion is similar. We will get a closure, but it's hard to say either way. On one hand that would be ridiculous to drag that topic for more than three seasons and then - 'ok, let's go back to be friends', on the other hand there is no relationship in CSIM that is successful and of course CSIM writers love the drama :(
    I would be very upset if they came back to be friends. You can't go back to be one after a love story like that IMO.
    I'm also curious how the poll went - I suppose our couple didn't win?

13. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I agree. I have to believe that, in the context of Calleigh & Eric, "closure" has to mean bringing an end to the up-in-the-air status of their relationship by having them make a definite commitment to each other. :adore: It simply wouldn't make sense for them to walk away from their romance and just go back to being friends ... that would be like trying to un-ring a bell at this point. :confused: All the hints that we've gotten from Adam R. and the show-runners about the E/C romance suggest that the "closure" will be "satisfying." And I can't imagine that they'd think that Calleigh and Eric breaking up or returning to "just friends" status would be satisfying for fans. I'm just going to keep thinking positively, and hoping that the CSIM writers dispense with the drama, and give Calleigh & Eric some happy, loving normalcy for a change.:thumbsup:

The E! Online poll is now onto the next round, and our couple didn't make it through to the top 32.:( None of the CSI couples did, as a matter of fact. Nor did a bunch of other couples that were getting major support in the Comments, like Booth & Bones. I voted for E/C several times, but it seemed like the poll was taken over by folks using spamming software.:rolleyes: Anyways, there's always the next poll!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  14. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Uhm, I know my fav. couple is the best ever, so it therefore needs no poll.:lol:

I agree that last night was just the worst episode of the season, every season has one, but this season has a few.... I hate how Calleigh and Eric never say hi/bye, AND the fact that Eric just goes missing at the end not even a 'bye h' or anything.:rolleyes:

So 816 was a bust, so let's watch on for further episodes. My hope is still there, EC will stay together - I have no doubt.:)

15. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Just read zap2it article with Adam. I feel kinda disappointed that he thinks there is no wedding on the horizon for Eric & Calleigh.=(
    At least a proposal this season will do for me.

Delquesne- you and Adam think alike!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.