Episode 9x17 - 'Special Delivery' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Mar 18, 2011.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It reminded me of something I saw on another show, but can't recall what. I swear I thought Travis called the guy "Dad". I thought he'd had kids with all the women he'd sleep with cause I kept hearing "dad" instead of "Doug" LOL

Yeah, maybe but I think it's better than that pastel butterfly shirt he wore a few seasons ago lol. The style of that sweater didn't really seem like Delko's usual style though.

She annoyed me greatly. Please ptb, bring back Valera.

Yeah, but that sweater vest was a little odd. He is cute though.

Yeah, that was a really good scene.

LOL yeah... and why would he want to taste it anyway?

I wondered that too.

Decent episode. I understand the guy wanting to protect his friend, but like Ninja said, Travis could have and probably would have found somewhere else to get the drugs. But the bleacher thing was totally brutal.

2. Tilly Mint

Tilly Mint Hit and Run

That was one mighty fine sweater vest Travers was wearing has Ryan past on his fashion sence to Travers

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Interesting ep. the heroine hid in the porcelain dolls. And Raymond Cruz, [wasn't he in CSI/Vegas?] good actor. And on Horatio tasting the drug, I think their all trained to do that part of the stiff regimen they have to go through. I remember Grissom doing that on occasion. If they didn't know what it tasted like, there'd be no arrests. The kid instead of calling the authorities killed the two drug dealers, His poor brother swallowing the packet and going into a coma. That girl being squeezed to death between the bleachers, horrible way to die. Natalia awesome, and she works well with Ryan. Eric as always yummy:p And then at 10 to 10 out of the blue we see Calleigh:wtf: Kept our interest throughout:thumbsup:

4. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

I thought it was a fairly good episode.
    Where they trying to focus on delivery companies such as UPS, Fed Ex, and Purolator?!! Hmmm

And as someone said they heard that kid call Doug "Dad". I heard that too. So when he did say Doug, I thought , "no you said Dad before."

Ahh the return of the sweater vest on Travers. I saw Wolfie wear those in a few seasons past. Maybe they had a yard sale. LOL :guffaw:Just kidding:lol: But it looked good on both them

I think most police officers have to taste the drugs they seize, such as heroin and or cocaine. They taste it and sometimes spit it out. Or at least they used to test drugs this way. But the carriers of drugs do swallow packets and god forbid :eek: eliminate them out. :wtf: no wonder I don't do drugs LOL :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:did I just type that!?!? LOL

I am concerned for Frank though. For several episodes now past and present he seems to be hiding from flying bullets and of course the finale shows him being hit. I do wonder if TPTB are leading us up to this season ending with Frank pulling away from the team. I just noticed this a few times now with Frank and I'm just thinking here. I mean of course he's going to protect himself from the gunfire, but it seems he is shown a lot more lately doing this kind of hiding beside a car. Did anyone else notice this particular behaviour from Frank or is it just me?!

I thought Calleigh was not in this epi and then she appears out of nowhere. Good to see her though. I hope we get to see her for more than 4 seconds next time. :rolleyes: She looks good too.

But overall a great episode. So now we have four new ones left?!

5/5 or whatever rating we usually give. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  5. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

This was a good episode. I got a little laugh when Frank said dammit because earlier in the day, I watched a compilation video of Rex Linn's character cursing in Cliffhanger.

One question. Earlier in the episode, Ryan got a phone called but it was never revealed what it was for? Anyone catch this.

Rating 4/5

6. Titaneers

Titaneers Victim

who's the blond chick that found the photo.... is she new?
    :lol:

7. yen35

yen35 Witness

Overall a very good episode but not one of my favorites. I liked the 1st half better than the 2nd half. Excellent Science, extracting the heroin from the dolls. Packing the heroin into the dolls - yes, but there was a similar episode in season 6 where they smuggled heroin in clothes worn for fashion shows (chain reaction I think), so the heroin concept wasn't exactly new. The delivery man going from house to house and getting benefits from the ladies made me lol! Nice scene with Ryan and Natalia chasing that boy (who later ODd) and Eric cloning the hard drive before the DEA got it. It always make me puzzled when the different law enforcement agencies are so sour when they talk to one another. Ryan identifying that blood mark pattern as being from an ear and asking if there was a ear data base was funny! The scene with H and Frank at the warehouse was intense.

Some questions :

1. Did Sean follow Sheila to the school gym to kill her? That was a little strange to me. I mean, in the school, there could have been so many witnesses. He could have chosen a less public location.

2. I thought it was a bit silly of Sean to keep that picture with the other guy (can't remember his name now. Travis?). I mean, it was clear that it was going to be found and Sean very well knew that Natalia saw him there. Travis didn't have any other visitors who could have kept the picture anyway so it was like he was pointing the cops in his own direction!

3. I didn't get how Walter cracked that computer password so quickly. Is that even possible?

8. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught that. I thought it was a personal call, but they never actually addressed it later in the episode, so I don't know. Perhaps they'll mention it in a later episode, but I doubt it as the writers kind of suck at continuation. :p

Overall I enjoyed this episode. I kind of guessed who the killer was halfway through the episode, but whatever. We got some awesome Frank and Horatio action which was great, and another Ryan and Natalia chase scene. Is it bad that I'm getting used to the lack of Calleigh? :lol:

I was really happy with the amount of Ryan. He's gotten a lot more screen time this season (so has Natalia). :)

Overall I'd give this episode an A-

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Yeah, I'm kind of hoping we get a follow up on that as well!

I'm a sucker for anytime they have Horatio and Frank working together. It's too bad it's so rare. Those guys make a great team! :thumbsup:

I love we're getting more Frank and that Horatio seems to be standing sideways a lot less and he's holding his head up and looking people in the eye when he's talking to them. At least it appears that way to me. I hope I'm seeing it right and that it continues. :)

Ryan and Natalia are fun to watch regardless of the type of scenario they are faced with. If they are called upon to be funny, they are hilarious. If they are supposed to be compassionate, they both display a warmth and concern unmatched by anyone but Horatio. And they can both kick butt and look great doin' it! Is there nothing these two can't do??? :lol:

I just love watching them - together or separate - they are just great characters.

Nah. If the ratings are any indication, apparently there really aren't that many who are missing her enough stop watching. Ratings have been healthy during her reduced screen time.

Ditto! See above! :)

I think that's a fair score.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't know about the phone call Ryan received. I don't even remember that happening lol.

11. Zipster

Zipster Witness

Nor me!! I'll have to rewatch it now!

All in all a pretty good episode, nice scenes for most, glad to see CD even if only for one scene. I seem to remeber a little gadget in the CSI kit that turns blue when drugs are found.. where'd did all these nice gadgets go? It's all about the science I seem to recall, unless you're a walking scientist with litmus paper for a tongue eh Horatio?? :p

The scene with Horatio and Tripp was great, they do work well together.

My only gripe this week was that the lip-sink for Horatio was out a few times, once when he was walking and talking on a long shot, and again when he and Frank were walking to the lift (elevator), and again when he was in the car talking into his phone.. don't the CSI have radio's in their cars any more? Or are they all issued with the MDPD iPhone!! :guffaw:

10/10 for a enjoyable episode!

12. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Yes. I think he was so angry at her that he didn't think twice about that. The other possibility was that it might have been after school hours unless I am mistaken.

It shouldn't be. It would have been more believable had Dave been the one doing the cracking.

Ryan gets the phone call when he and Delko are talking to that construction dude.

13. yen35

yen35 Witness

Thanks. Yes, I wonder what happened to Dave.

14. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Pretty decent episode. Plenty of everyone (except Calleigh but her time is coming:)).

Random Thoughts:

--Enjoyed Ryan and Natalia's chase scene. I enjoyed them in every scene.

--Nikki the lab tech is a grump.

--TRAVERS. Ditch Nikki and give us more Travers.

--Crushed in between the bleachers. What a gross way to go, but not as bad as in Bones though. Now THAT was gross:(.

--Wasn't crazy about Eric's shirt-sweater combo. Enjoyed the look on Eric's face after getting the hard drive copied before the feds took the computer. Go Eric!!:thumbsup:

--Frank: What took you so long? Horatio: Traffic on the Cosway. I love these two together:thumbsup:

--Good brainstorming between Ryan, Walter and Natalia to solve the case.

Very watchable.