Episode 9x12 - 'Wheels Up' - ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Jan 15, 2011.

1. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

(Futon Critic)

CSI: MIAMI [TIME CHANGE]
    Air Date: Sunday, January 16, 2011
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#912) "Wheels Up"​

WHEN THE CSIs INVESTIGATE A MURDER AT A ROLLER DERBY MATCH, THE ONLY THING SHORTER THAN THE GIRLS' SKIRTS ARE THEIR TEMPERS, ON "CSI: MIAMI," SUNDAY, JAN. 16 ​

(NOTE TO EDITORS: Please note that the following episode for CSI: MIAMI will now be broadcast in its regular time period, 10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT)
    "Wheels Up" - When the CSIs investigate a murder at a roller derby match, the only thing shorter than the girls' skirts are their tempers, on CSI: MIAMI, Sunday, Jan. 16 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT). ​

SERIES REGULARS: ​

Horatio Caine............................. David Caruso
    Calleigh Duquesne....................... Emily Procter
    Eric Delko............................. Adam Rodriguez
    Ryan Wolfe............................... Jonathan Togo
    Det. Frank Tripp................................ Rex Linn
    Natalia Boa Vista........................... Eva La Rue
    Walter Simmons............................ Omar Miller ​

RECURRING CAST: ​

Dr. Tom Loman............... Christiam Clemenson
    Michael Travers............... Christopher Redman
    Dave Benton............................... Wes Ramsey ​

GUEST CAST:
    Connie Briggs................................ Clare Grant
    Deb Taylor......................................... Zoe Bell
    Olivia Adler................... Hayley Marie Norman
    Tara Werner......................... Lindsay Pulsipher
    Lucy Strickland....................... Johanna Braddy
    Vince Kessler............. Matthew Currie Holmes
    Jake McGrath............................... Todd Lowe
    Top Hun.......................... Kelli Dawn Hancock
    Referee...................................... Jennifer Vidas
    Announcer.................................... Scott Ferrall
    Sara Clark.................................... Desiree Hall ​

WRITTEN BY: Corey Evett & Matt Partney ​

DIRECTED BY: Sam Hill ​

RATING: TV14-DLV​

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  2. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

CBS is airing a repeat of Undercover Boss before this. Hope that doesn't drag the ratings down.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Why would whatever episode of Undercover Boss that's playing have an effect on Miami's ratings? I thought practically no one was watching Undercover Boss, or at least that's what I read somewhere a while back lol.

4. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Unfortunatley, UB has been consistently beating CSIM in viewers and the key demo.

5. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Hey... it's the CSI:NY episode Jamalot with a yellow filter!

6. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Is that supposed to be funny or something? Stuff like this happens. Deal with it. And I don't know if you spend a lot of time in this part of the forum but I've never seen you before, so why must you come here just to say something like that? At least say something useful. If you don't like it, don't watch it. I understand opinions are allowed to be said but that's just plain bashing on Miami. Maybe I'm just being too sensitive about this but I'm tired of these types of comments on here.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  7. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I totally get it, and it's understandable to want to defend our favourite shows (and Miami certainly has been the butt of a lot of jokes in pop culture) but they're just that...fictional entertainment. I don't see the harm poking a little fun at them. I also don't think the comment was meant to be taken so seriously and to be frank, there's no rule against what was said.

That being said, I kind of like the spin that Miami's taken on the roller derby idea (without giving too much away before the rest of the country gets/finishes the episode). :)
    By the way, I'm loving the derby name Wrath of Connie. :borg: :lol:

Here we go again with Horatio turning Dirty Harry on a suspect. :eek: A neat way to end the episode--I wonder how far he'll spiral downward before someone higher in the ranks catches wind.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  8. Court

Court Prime Suspect

Great episode but, oh my gosh, H. What the heck are you doing? :eek:

I think it's pretty clear that the writers are taking Horatio to the darkside. Perhaps that is what they are leading up to in this season. I have the feeling that at some point all of this stepping out of line he has been doing this season is going to come back to bite him. Perhaps they are working up to a "Horatio gets suspended" storyline or something along those lines. In any case, he definitely has some issues that need to be resolved. :(

So when is the next new ep? :confused:

On a different note, the guy that played Jake, Todd Lowe, I loved him in True Blood.

9. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I know there's no rule and I know it's a fictional show. But imo that comment was made just to piss off Miami fans. There's nothing else to it at all. At least (usually) when people complain about Miami they explain why, and obviously this person hasn't even watched the episode yet since it just finished. There's just so many people on here who have nothing good to say about the show and that one just sort of pushed me over the edge.

Sorry for making a big deal, I'll stop now. The episode was good but not my favourite. Not enough Ryan for me. I wonder if that lab rat who was helping Natalia when they were testing to see what the murder weapon was will be back again. Every time they show a new girl I wonder if she's the new Molly Sloan (or whatever her name is). :lol: I don't know what she looks like so I'm never sure. Didn't like "bad" Horatio at the end. That is getting a little tiring too. Hopefully it goes somewhere, like if they actually are taking Horatio "to the darkside" like Court said, they're doing it for a reason.

Oh and the Ryan punch, awesome. I liked when the girl apologized too. xD

10. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I agree about the episode. It was ok but not the best. Sure it had some similar to the Jamalot NY one, but I didn't mind that as much as I expected to. I too was upset at the like of Ryan. But he did look good while he was on. I quite liked the purple tee. The bad Horatio irks me because in real life I think he would be reported or suspended for scaring witnesses or perps.

This probably goes with the other thread, but geez I am tired of CBS moving Miami's timeslot every damn week. Football is one thing, but it was advertised to be on at 7 ; then at 6 I found out it was set for 9. Ugh it is frustrating

11. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Not my favorite, mostly because I wanted more derby violence :D

Loved that Natalia was front and center for most of the case, and I'm sorry to say, I'm not really missing Calleigh. Natalia seems to have stepped up to the plate as Horatio's right hand woman quite nicely, and I'd love to keep her there. I gotta say I knew something would spill with that roommate; I always find it suspect when there's a lot of focus on a character's face.

Would've liked more Ryan; just didn't seem like he did much in this epi. And then, of course, there's the ending :rolleyes:. As soon as I saw the lock click, I thought,"Oh boy, Finch and Jaglady ain't gonna like this." I can't say I like it very much anymore either. It was fun at first, but now it seems H is taking every plight against a woman as cause to put his career and lab's credibility on the line. Someone needs to step in and force Horatio to put his actions in perspective. I'd hate to think TPTB are just doing this to his character for kicks; if you're going to lead him to "the darkside", there should be a payoff for both the character and the fans. If he's to fall so hard, then I hope they use it as grounds to build a storyline where he lands on his feet stronger and better than ever before.

12. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Yes

13. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I keep thinking of this season and look back to Without A Trace and what they did to Jack Malone's character. Jack Malone was a character that operated outside the book and got in trouble for it on times but you knew his heart was in the right place. Towards the end of the series though, he simply became a bully with a badge. Any method was deemed acceptable in getting a confession or the results he wanted. And even if the case had been solved, it was still okay to beat the crap out of the guy because's a scumbag.
    That is what H is becoming. With each passing episode, he's becoming and more of a monster with a badge. How long will it be before he goes beyond the point of no return?

14. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

I was such a huge Calleigh fan starting out with the show, but I must agree: it's great seeing Natalia step up to the plate.

I agree, it's getting really old with this "evil" Horatio thing going on... but to make it a little more personal... if H did that to my dad, I wouldn't mind. (Don't take this in seriousness, it's just how I feel, k peeps?)

OkayANYWAY... =). Good episode, though I really would have liked to have seen more of the actual Roller Derby lifestyle and sport. Those women are vicious! Awesome.

So, eh... 8/10.

15. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

This episode was good... I just knew at the end when horatio closed the door and locked it and closed the blinds that horatio was going to beat him up.....Can we have the old horatio back and not this new unleashed dark side of horatio....Love that they showed calleigh i miss her