Episode 10x13 - 'Terminal Velocity' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jan 29, 2012.

?

Grade 'Terminal Velocity'

1. A+

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. A

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  3. B+

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. B

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  5. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. C

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  7. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. D

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  9. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I thought it was a very enjoyable episode. Jon, Eva, & Omar were great - I love the personality they bring to their characters, & it's always a treat to see them having a little fun while they work.

Donor thing was a bit crazy -- I wondered why they still had Kevin's "swimmers" there at the doctor's office when he had said he used to donate in college. I don't recall him saying he's made any recent "deposits", but maybe I missed something.

I loved the ending with the boys & Mom's getting in the van, but would've also loved to see that dude still sitting in the tree wondering if someone was ever going to get him out. :lol:

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree with you, greatfan.

MJ, that would have been funny. Surely they got him down though.

3. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I liked this episode but I have one question. If the twins are identical, why didn't both twins have Wilsons Decease? I thought identical twins meant identical DNA. Just wondering.

4. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

I think about the donation thing there was something in the news about that-ethics says it's wrong for the population to have so many kids by one donor. Also you risk in small towns kids meeting up at school or dances and dating can occur and children. So I think the website is a good idea but why wait till age 18? I think about age 13 so you find out the cute girl in english class is actually your half sister better to find out at that age then after a drunk one nighter at age 16+?? just wondering...and I think that surrogate WILL face charges alongside the doctor who obviously forged documents to allow her to leave the hospital with a baby that wasn't her biological son. Also I think mom can sue the surrogate in civil court not expecting any money just to make a case for future people trying to do the same-make a big splash in the newspapers etc...it'd be cool to find out she had twins=-now she can pay 2 college tuitions! agree not enough Horatio but granted everyone needs time to themselves for personal stuff and the writers have to accomodate that to all the cast/crew..

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I guess people just see things differently when it comes to characters we either like or dislike.

I did a search cause I had the same doubt. However, all I could find were cases were the disease in one twin was more aggressive than the disease in the other twin; but they both had it even though it manifested differently.

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

You know I had to do a little research,LOL.
    The New York times did an article last year about a donor that fathered 150 children so Miami's 103 isn't far fetched after all. there is no strict regulations so ther can be as many donations as can be managed just as Natalia stated last night.
    There is a sibling registry were donor kids can look for the father as well. Perhaps there wouldn't be a huge number searching at one time,but it's available.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  7. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Damn. You would think there'd be a limit or something. I think, if I (assuming I was a guy) donated sperm, I wouldn't want it used that many times and have a hundred little kids running around that I don't know about! But it must just be a risk you take when you donate, either that or you just don't care.

And I don't really know how I feel about the finding the dad thing. If he donates I'm sure he probably wouldn't want to be found, but again I guess that's just the risk you take when you donate. :/ Plus I suppose the children should have the right to know who their biological dad is.

8. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

I enjoyed this episode,as much as the fact other players were given a chance to shine besides H.
    As for the donor case...there are very many shady clinics just like the one the doctor operated. One who will take cash up front and not ask any questions.
    I will say one other thing. I had no sympathy for the one mother. Sorry, being poor isn't a justification for stealing someone else's child or getting angry at them when they rightfully call you out on it.

9. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Sorry to say that I didn't miss "H" at all. It is nice to see that the other cast members can carry the show just fine without him. Horatio is just a shell of his former self and not very likeable any more. Sorry Horatio fans.

10. CookieWolfe

CookieWolfe Victim

Agreed :)

11. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

I loved the episode very much, especially because it was focused on Ryan, Natalia e Walter. They were really great!!!

One of my favorite episode of the season!

12. Brianna17

Brianna17 Dead on Arrival

I really liked this episode!

I also noticed the picture of the little girl was from season 3.

I loved the Ryan and Walter scenes! Calleigh was not in it that much but she was funny when she called and said the kid's aunt died.

It was nice to see not everyone dressed in blue for once.

It seemed to take a long time for Eric and H to catch to the pilot at the end. They were walking around for a while.

It kept me guessing who the killer was because they had so many suspects at the end.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree about Calleigh's phone call. That was funny. I loved the expression on Frank's face too.

14. nadine77

nadine77 Civilian

unfortunately not seen yet. yesterday it was to late :rolleyes: but today!!! I promise ... LOL -> feedback follows :lol:

15. nadine77

nadine77 Civilian

so, ready! I've to say: wohoo! great episode. Unfortunately I understood not all, but the story was clear for me :-D ... Eva was great! esp. at the last scene! now I've to wait until I can watch it in german :) or I have to improve my english :thumbsup: