Emmanuelle/Angell thread #1- Detective "Angel"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kissmesweet, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Duke

Duke Witness

Re: Emmanuelle/Angell thread #1- Detective "Angel"

I miss Jess. :( I've taken to watching old episodes of Smallville just to get my fix of Em, she was utterly brilliant as Dr. Bryce. Very beautiful and later on, very scheming. It's going to be weird not seeing her in the new season.

2. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

Sorry if it took me so long to reply! I forgotten that I have posted here :lol: Yeah, my memory is just that great. Really.

I live in Canada! And now that you mentioned Saw ... I checked her IMDB and she was in Saw II! It's a shame I didn't know her at the time but I liked her in Saw II too. She's just a great actress, period.

Can't wait to see Dollan's Cadillac! It's based on a Stephen King short story!!! :D (I worship King)

I can't say I'm over it yet, but I'm slowly starting to feel less "mad" about it, more frustrated and disappointed. They had a strong female character and did nothing with her all the time she was there. Such a waste. I think that is what I'll never get over with lol

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I finally realized why Angell's death affected me the way it did. The first CSI:NY episode I ever saw was the second season finale. Therefore, the first full season I watched was season three, the season in which Angell is introduced. So even though she was a recurring character, she was a constant presence in my watching of CSI:NY. Basically, I don't know NY without Angell. Next season will be very interesting for me. This is, like, the first time I've been watching a show where a character I liked and had been watching since I started died.

4. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

I know it's been a while but I'm always around! :)

You had me confused there, I had to look up what 'gag reels' are! :lol: I don't own any TAHM dvd's so I will check out Youtube tonight. Looking forward to it!

Maybe it isn't a complete waste. I just read an interview on TV guide magazine with Pam Veasey about the new character (I think it was JellyBelly who posted this interview in the spoiler thread). Veasey talks about why Jess got killed off. Just to be safe I'll put this in a spoilerbox:

"[/I]Emmanuelle told us this spring that she was being let go for budgetary reasons. What changed?She was initially, but there are a lot of things that changed since then because we cut our whole budget. There was a huge budget cut with actors and salaries and writers, but ultimately, after we’d done that, what do we still need? We still needed the 18-25 demographic, and we’d been trying to get that with guest stars. And it was our plan to kill someone on our season finale. We chose her character because of what effect it has on another character. It was good storytelling. But we miss her, we love her talent."

I assume the character she's referring to is Flack. If we get to see some amazing Flack scenes dealing with Jess' death next season my disappointment will be a lot less. :)

You can read the complete interview here.

5. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

Im a huge fan of tahm and i loved her as Mia i thought she was hilarious, i don't have the dvds but will check out the gag reels when i get them :)

6. Chaos79

Chaos79 Police Officer

Guys, you have to get a copy of TAHM DVD. It may be late for me, but it's really enjoying watching it for hours. Awesome characters, actors (LOOOOOOOOVE JON CRYER!) and a lot can relate to the stories. Mia is an interesting character and I'm happy the way she was written.

7. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

Emmanuelle was awesome in the season premier of Two and a Half Men. I wish Charlie had chosen her. I loved when she was in the recording studio. Mia's voice was terrible, but she thought she sounded so good. But how cool was Emmanuelle for being willing to do that?

8. rockyshadow

rockyshadow Hit and Run

I was just watching Emmanuelle in Smallville a couple of days ago. I loved her in that part too. I also watched her in Saw II ( she's the only reason I talked myself into watching that, normally I don't even watch horror movies,) and her guest spot on "Monk" that she did several years ago. I've been busy this summer watching all her appearances from NY as well. I'm really going to miss her.

9. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

10. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I wish NY TPTB think about killing Angell a million times before doing so. This is the most disapponting thing they've done since Aiden's murder. Killing her doesn't make any sense. Flack's story line is now gone! Great decision TPTB.

11. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

I was so mad when they did that. She was a great character on the show. She worked well with Flack and she was great on the Greek coin case that she worked w/Stella. This season just hasn't pulled me in like last season didn and it's got everything to do with having no Angell.

12. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Really, she's a great character and actress! She has chemistry with Flack, Mac, Stella and Danny. Me too, I feel like something's really missing this season and I think Angell's one of them. Killing a recurring character because of "budget cuts" doesn't make any sense. By the way, awesome avatar, Sam-Maddy!

13. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

Thank you. A friend on another forum made it for me.

I know what you mean. When Haylen was brought on the show, I kept thinking they got rid of Angell and brought on this girl. So wrong. I'm still so peeved at TPTB. The show needs Angell. Flack needs Angell.

14. Chaos79

Chaos79 Police Officer

15. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Aww, I can't access the pictures. Typical! :lol: But I bet they're beautiful, like always. ;)

I agree with you guys that it was a shame she had to go. They could have done much more with her character. There were some characters I would have LOVED to see her interact with.

ETA:
    I read that she will appear in Two And A Half Men again? That's cool. I really love her as Mia.