Danny & Rikki - But This Is My Shirt

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by xPORCELAINDOLLx, Apr 10, 2008.

1. xPORCELAINDOLLx

xPORCELAINDOLLx Dead on Arrival

Okay, I am absolutely head over heels about these two. I think they could make an awesome pairing. I've liked thems since we first saw Rikki and I really hope we continue seeing her and Danny. If anyone else loves them, please post. I think they could seriously be great.

2. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Re: Danny & Rikki

:D :D :D A Danny/Rikki thread! Yes, their interaction in episode 4x16 was magnificent.

Carmine certainly hadn't been kidding when he said Danny would turn to Rikki in a very intimate way! No wonder he also said it was fun and different for him. :D I for one hope Danny and Rikki will move forward and start afresh in a relationship together.

I'm going to make screencaps soon and post them!

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

YAY for a Danny/Rikki thread! :D:D

That's the most intimate way two people can get because not only do we know they had sex (at least twice :p), we also know he cares very much for her. She tried to push him away (not sure why :rollseyes:) but he clearly didn't want to let her go. That was a beautiful scene and who can argue with shirtless!Danny? :D

I hope we see more of here from time to time but I'd be totally happy if little things were said to know they were together. *doesn't need constant visual confirmation*

I have screencaps, I just need to not be lazy and post them.

4. lindsaymonroe

lindsaymonroe Dead on Arrival

:guffaw:Danny & Rikki:guffaw:In your dreams yes

5. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^^Posts in Shipper Central require at least three lines of on topic posting so please keep the short little one liners out of here. Also, if the thought of Danny/Rikki bothers you, I'd advise you to keep out of this thread if it's going to bother you.

Thanks.

Also, FYI, No, they're not in our dreams because they actually had sex at least twice. :drool: That is canon and cannot be argued. Danny and Rikki may not last but whether you liked it or not, it DID happen. I'd also like to add that Danny looked better than he had all season. Apparently Rikki is good for him and he certainly seemed happy and very satisfied. :devil:

For your viewing pleasure:
    [​IMG]

6. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

:drool: This 2 bring the sexy back to NY. One of the best things to happen in the CSI NY canon! Whether they last or not, they are HOT! And so right for each other. Hope they'll see how good they are together.

And even if she said it was just sex... he seemed terribly tender with her. And , even if she said that she is the one using him, not to feel alone, I feel like Danny needs her, more than she needs him. And how very sweet of her is that she is trying to make him feel free, no strings attached, no relationship, just sex.

And she keeps repeating, and insisting that he is not responsible. That's like subliminal message. So kind of her. I think that even if she was mad at him at first, she forgave him with all her heart. And she's actually being with him through all the pain trying to make him feel better...

I'm not sure who's healing who here.

7. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Wow, a Danny/Rikki thread! :D

I agree that they have amazing chemistry. Funny how in such a short span of time they were able to connect at very emotional level, tragic though the reason...but what the heck. I'll take it.

Anyway, here are some more screen caps of them:

[​IMG]

I love how Danny rested his forehead on hers.

[​IMG]

Look at the intensity of their eyes. :D

8. xPORCELAINDOLLx

xPORCELAINDOLLx Dead on Arrival

I love that scene and I really love how they're helping each other through their grief. And, even though she says it's just sex, I think it's going to mean more to them eventually. Or at least I hope so. The acting's great, the chemistry's there, and it's not forced at all.

9. cariad

cariad Civilian

I am sorry but I don't like them together, and I can not understand how sex may help them to get over their grieve. As a mother when you have lost your son sex is absolutely out of your mind, you just don't feel like it. You are devastated, and sex is not the answer. When I watched them I couldn't help but remember Ruben, and I thought what are you doing? It just wasn't right!

10. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Different people have different ways of approaching and doing things. Even if you may not understand it, it doesn't mean it's wrong. It just means it's a different way of handling things. By the way, Danny and Rikki have hardly forgotten Ruben. In fact, they both mentioned him, but also wisely acknowledged to each other that there comes a time to move on and that what they've done so far is helping them to do so, mutually and honestly.

It may seem more 'understandable' if Danny and Rikki are shown to be crying or unhappy and lost in their own world, but to me, it's just as realistic and believable (if not more) that they're turning to each other for comfort and support and moving forward rather than wallow in their grief. Danny acknowledged this with, " ... there's nothing wrong with that," and Rikki acknowledged it by telling Danny that it's not his fault Ruben died. Add this with the very apparent care and affection and attraction they have for each other, and you have a deep and powerful bond, in both the physical and emotional sense too.

Here's a personal spin on the situation: My close friend's sister was killed in a very tragic car accident some years ago. Weeks after the funeral, the whole family had moved on with their lives, and when I asked her about things, she said, "Yes, of course I'm sad that my sister passed away. I loved her very much, but I knew crying and grieving for the rest of my life was never going to bring her back. So my family and I are honoring her in the best way; by moving on, living our lives to the fullest while we still can and be happy. That's what she would have wanted."

As my co-moderator said above, if you don't like the ship, then please don't come in and post and stick to your own ship thread. It's actually one of the rules for the purpose of maintaining peace, so to speak. ;)

Loving the screencaps! :D Indeed, it's so intimate and loving the way Danny touches his forehead with Rikki's and the way he constantly strokes her shoulders and arms and brushes the hair away from her face just so he can see her eyes. Awww. :)

From the start of the scene, she was attempting to leave Danny's apartment and the course of their conversation revealed that she felt she had to do it in order to 'protect' Danny. As you said, it seems like Danny needs her just as much or more than she needs him. And the fact she tried her best to not be clingy (heh) and made sure he understood she had no expectations from him ... that was very sweet of her indeed.

Yeah, at the end of episode 11 she did flinch from his hand in the church. However, as I mentioned in the grading thread for episode 4x16, it was probably a knee-jerk reaction during a very emotionally sad period. If she felt repulsion, well ... what happened in episode 16 wouldn't have. ;)

I really, really love that she tells him to his face Ruben's death is not his fault. :) The message between the lines is that, if she ever felt he was to blame, she's definitely forgiven him by now. And really, it takes great courage and strength of character to forgive someone in this way for such an event.

They're healing each other. :)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I also love the idea of these two and agree whole heartedly with everything said about how hot, sweet, and intimate it was. I loved how Danny was looking into her eyes the whole time he was talking to her. And I really love how even though they may not be together for the "right" reason, they are adult enough to acknowledge it and talk about it. It also broke my heart how Danny looked and sounded when he said, "It's just breakfast, Rikki." It was such a simple line but the way Carmine delivered it made it obvious that it wasn't just breakfast to him and that he really needed her to stay. I also loved how Rikki was trying to stay rational, but finally gave in to her emotional need as well. Jacqueline Pinol is a fantastic actress. Everything about that scene was so human, raw and real. It was amazing and I really hope we haven't seen the last of Rikki, although I fear that is the case.

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

If the writers dropped this story and relationship by the wayside, I wouldn't be surprised--it wouldn't be the first time. I think it would be a shame, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I think people assume it's callous of Danny and Rikki to have a relationship, that they should either want nothing to do with each other or still be wallowing in grief--but it just doesn't work that way. Ruben's death is a morbid connection, but it was a connection nonetheless, and now it's not the only thing that connects them. When you lose someone, you get to a point where you feel guilty because you're not always sad, you're not always thinking about them. I can't imagine losing a child, but people deal with things differently. I don't for a second think that Rikki doesn't cry when she sees Ruben's room, or that she isn't overwhelmed when she forgets for a moment that he's gone--but there are 24 hours in a day, and life does go on.

Anyway, I liked the interaction between the two of them in "Right Next Door". On the one hand, you kind of feel like it's one big clusterf*ck of a mistake, but on the other hand--they're honest with each other about what they're doing, they have no illusions about it. They are being open with their communication with each other--even if they change their minds later, right here and right now this seems to be 'right' for both of them. It's intense and complicated and realistic, and I think those are good things from a dramatic standpoint--and to be fair, what we want to see on TV isn't necessarily what we want to see in real life.

The scene was very bittersweet, and I think long-term it would be interesting to see how that develops. Not holding my breath, but what we saw was good.

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

YES. :D Constant eye contact is an excellent indication of open and honest communication. It's incredibly intimate too. And yes, their conversation and interaction in the scene is one great example of what a realistic, mature bond/relationship can be!

Totally agreed. Really, just look at his face as he said it:

[​IMG]

Big puppy eyes of Lurve at full blast! :lol: Well. Now we know what he looks like with bedhead and after a night of hot, intimate sex. :devil: :devil: :devil:

But seriously, he might as well have said, "Please don't go. I want to be with you."

Yeah, it would be a shame, but not surprising. It doesn't matter to me though. This one scene in 4x16 is already possibly the hottest love scene in the entire show. :D It's gonna be damn difficult to top the deep affection and care and intimacy and the bond between Danny and Rikki! And hell yes, intense, complicated and realistic, all the makings of exciting TV! :lol:

Here are two more screencaps:

[​IMG]

The way he cups her face and the way she's touching his arm as they kiss is just so ... sweet. :)

[​IMG]

Here he's brushing the hair away from her face. Aww, and I just noticed he stroked her forehead with his thumb too! So loving and intimate. :)

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I just love the pairing of Danny and Rikki. The chemistry between them is just beyond great and the scenes they have together are very well written.

I love how they are still in communication (and having hawt sex!) after Ruben's death, and I'm hoping the writer's are going to do more with the relationship. It's certainly got potential and it's got a fanbase. I'd love to see more!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  15. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

First off, I'd just like to bring up the fact that he was making his Messer's famous omelet for Rikki. He was actually going to cook her breakfast before they got distracted and ended up back in bed.:p To me, that says much more than telling someone to go back to sleep and then getting up while said person is asleep and leaving a flower, note and cereal out for them. :rolleyes:

It was refreshing to see how they interacted together. There was no doubt as to whether or not he cared about her. You could see it in his eyes. There was constant eye contact all throughout that scene and that kiss at the end...WHOA:eek:..that was hot, the way his arms wrapped possessively around Rikki.

I agree. It was totally hot and even though they didn't know each other that well before Ruben died, it's obvious there is some type of bond between them that could possibly go beyond just the grief they share.

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me either considering this isn't the only relationship we don't know the status of.:rolleyes:

I disagree. The rules of grief aren't black and white. Everybody grieves in their own way and their own time. Ever heard of comfort sex? It makes you feel better even if it is only temporary. Although it looks like Danny may be wanting more than just sex. I guess we'll have to wait and see.