Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Moriel21, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Yes Meg, you did. If TPTB can scar me for life, I can scar everyone else too! :lol:

Danny has a pair too, though I don't know their status -- they might have been kicked :p

Yeah, I'd really like to see them rebuild their friendship, and it's obvious from 417 that they don't need that much thought to just go off on a tangent together, because that's just who they are -- they can get along so well, but right now when Lindsay's trying to distance herself, they're both going to be hurting because although they want to be back to normal, they know they can't - yet.

Personally, I hope 418 clears up the question of "Does Lindsay know about Rikki?", because that's really going to help put the rest of the episodes into perspective for us fans, and how the writers are going to handle DL in the future.

I'd love for the talk to have already happened (because I doubt the writers can handle such awkwardness well), but I want to see the direct result of that talk in the cases that they work, and how D/L interact with each other in or outside the lab.

Whatever it is, I have no doubts (yet) that 418 is going to be an awesome episode for us :)

That was definitely an awkward scene (after the cute part ;)), and I can't help get the feeling that Danny's even more guilty for creating the situation he's in now. We know that Lindsay tried to help him, but he pushed her away -- so we know she tried. So it's all up to him to win her heart back. Oooh, I can't wait :)

Thanks for the 420 info Rhonda, but still - it doesn't take long at all to cut scenes (I should know I've even done it! :D). I don't know what the purpose of the scene is, but well have to just wait and see.

As for the basketball scene, I really don't know why it's there -- but I wonder if it's going to be cut because it's detrimental to the case isn't it? They work that case itself. Who knows -- as for with someone else, I'm pretty sure it's not Rikki becase the Press Release is (I think) always in order of appearance. And someone I know who has access says there is no sign of tension between DL throughout the entire episode. Still, could be wrong but here's hoping I'm not! :D

As for DL hanging out as friends, I can see them both trying and failing miserably (because they so have feelings for each they oh-so-can't deny ;)) and transfering to another lab or shift? Why should Lindsay have to do any moving? She earned the right to be on Mac's team, and the only one who screwed up is Danny -- if anyone would be leaving, it'd be Danny :rolleyes: She has way more backbone than anyone credits her for -- and I don't see her being as weak as to run away from her problems like that.

And as for Kristin, we would be disappointed if it was over, so the logical assumption would be that they ARENT over. :)

Easy as pie (although who ever made that little bit up clearly didn't make their own pastry :p)

@Rhonda: Is this...voting procedure I set up okay? :)

@Everybody else: Keep voting! (But make sure it's in addition to three lines of good posting! Please :D ) If you have nothing to say, but want to vote...err...PM me? :p

2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Anyone else getting déjà vu here?!?! It doesn't seem long since we were discussing the fact that Lindsay was pushing Danny away and look where they ended up after eventually sorted it all out ;)

Same here.....I think that the 'talk' would actually be very difficult to write and if it hasn't really happened then I think they'll either hit the nail on the head or completely write it wrong, Does that make sense? But I hope that in the next ep we get a clear idea of where DL are at at the moment ;)

3. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Okay, I'm trying again *sigh* - yesterday whenever I tried posting I ended up with a blank page and my whole post missing...THRICE...:brickwall:
    That's exactly what I decided after this whole turmoil :p started...I do hope we get a clear indication of what will happen in season 5, but then again, I also thought SD was foreshadowing a quite different season than we got thus far...:rolleyes:

I'd really like to see them sit down and talk, not at work, not at his place nor hers, but somewhere in Central Park where it's quiet and they're not getting distracted...Lay everything out in the open and see them decide together how they will continue their relationship - just strictly colleagues, just friends or trying to become more than friends again...and perhaps even beyond that way, way down the line :)

That only the latter two options are really possible after they've talked...Lindsay is now so upset that the mere thought of watching a movie with him makes her want to run and hide...so to sit through a game with him and have fun imo means they have talked things out..

When you answer a question it's polite to address the questioner - "I like Danny and Lindsay..." - "You won't be disappointed..." - the 'yes' had more to do with the obvious turmoil

Thread Title Vote
    E
    G

Oh, and Liffy I like this voting idea, but we may not get as many votes because there are just so many (+20,000 :eek: views) lurkers...

*psst* Danny's started out blue and are now slowly turning a disgusting shade of green and yellow

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  4. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Yeah, it's somewhat similar, but at least Lindsay had the courtesy of telling Danny she can't be in a relationship with him, whilst Danny's just...confused (just like we are) :lol:

Yup, if that's any sign, I doubt Lindsay can follow through on the trying to let her love for him go -- I mean seriously, it takes a LONG time to fall out of love, even if Lindsay finds out about Rikki, I don't think that's going to change her feelings for him too much. It's going to hurt, but I can't see her getting angry either - more upset than anything else.

And so, we await the happy ending! :D Yay!

Seriously, the writers have no experience in relationship talk - at all. :rolleyes: If they're even going to attempt at doing it, I hope they've had ALOT of practice behind the scenes, because it's going to be a very emotional, possibly tear-laden, and awkward talk between the two of them. The more I think about it, the more I don't want to see the talk, I'd rather just see the outcome of it in the way they're acting, and no, that doesn't mean TPTB leaves it up to another guessing game, but a clear sign of where they are, that the talk took place, and that they have moved on.
    *whacks the board*

Let's hope this...season 4.5 will have the writers focusing on consistency and flow rather than jerking everyone around on a rollercoaster ride right after we've eaten. :p

Yeah, I thought the yes was about the turmoil too. If you watch the actual video, she does this...aww, a change at true love! or something I can't remember. Why would she do that when she just said the relationship was over? That makes NO sense. So I would say the yes would be, they're going to work it out, there's turmoil, but WE won't be disappointed. :)

Can we flash them and see their reactions?

Aww, he has to wait till Lindsay kisses it all better :devil:

5. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Thanks for the spoilers, guys! I'm super excited!

Still, I think that D/L will pull through no matter what; the writers have made it clear since Zoo York that they are meant to be together and that will never change. ;) Besides, they know that a LOT of fans like them!

Agreed, it may hurt to hear about Rikki, but you can't make feelings dissapear... especially after 2 - 3 years! :D

In the last episode, it was great to see the conversation they had in the lab about the movie... and she was right, it was hard. Yet they'll pull through. They always will! Hopefully he'll let her know and they'll figure things out. They deserve it!

Ahhh after visiting this thread, my DL muse has been awakened! :D

6. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Well, I love to see The Talk, but on the other hand, Natty just mentioned LRC, and I still don't like that über cliché hall way talk :rolleyes:...so if that was any indication of how our dear writers are going to do it, then by all means...please don't - But I do want to be told (and not having to guess again) that they actually did talk and what the outcome was...:cool:

Nope, it may tear her heart at the seams, but these feelings will be there until she has decided to either completely let go off him or to try and (with his help) mend her heart...

I thought you already virtually did that with your steel balls :devil:...but seriously I have no idea how to solve this :rolleyes: *psst* Cordy, you forgot to vote :)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  7. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Hmm...yeah, it was great to see how badly it's affecting Lindsay, and that shows how much she does care for him, awww.... :)

And they definitely will work it out, because they do deserve to be together, think of all the happy moments they've had - nobody can take that away from them and they'll continue having happy moments because they're addicted to each other :D hehe.

Mine just came back from vacation this morning :)
    Maybe they got enough practice from that to figure out what to do, and what not to do? ::shrug::

But yeah, as talented as our dear writers are, I'd rather not see them try (and possibly butcher) :p

Maybe I scared them off? :guffaw: Hahaha!

But oh well, it's a pity we can't post polls, but still, we can make do with whatever votes we have :)

8. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

Yay - voting time :) It seems like ages since we were voting on thread titles - maybe because so much has happened to our ship since then.

My votes are A and D

Thanks for the spoiler details Liffy.

I agree with 1CSIMfan on this one, the answer does not really make sense because if it is over between Danny and Lindsay (that was very difficult to type btw :() how would a DL fan not be disappointed??? Maybe it can be over.....then started again

I suppose a Dallas-esque "It was all a dream" ending is out of the question :guffaw: Ok, so I guess I would firstly like to see Danny confess to what happened with Rikki. I know that would be hard to watch but Lindsay deserves his honesty. Although I am sick of the angst, they need to start afresh and I want to see Danny step up and be a man. And whilst I want our couple back together, it is not going to happen overnight. Danny needs to prove himself and his love to Lindsay which will take time. I suppose what i really want to see happen by the end of the season/start of next season is that they both commit to developing an honest personal relationship where they are both on the same page. And one small SQEE scene would not go a miss either :thumbsup:

Hey Peaches, I did not realise that you were British as well :) Leona is amazing!

9. sherry

sherry Dead on Arrival

As another Brit, I've just seen the "Jaws" scene online, but I think that Danny looked a bit anxious, yet hopeful when he suggested getting the movie.Maybe he thinks they could start again with the date they never seemed to get!

My vote is D and E:)

10. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

I am actually curious, does anyone for that matter knows what Danny did with Rikki? It seems like he is living in his own world and abiding by his own rules...NEWSFLASH! Ain't going to work buddy!

I was thinking maybe we could see another bar scene with Flack and Danny with Flack knocking some sense into our guy! :scream:

11. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

And the WGA strike really slowed us down didn't it? Oh well, now we're faced with this hill that I'm sure DL will get across, with they hands tight around each other :) Yup - that's right people, DL can survive this, no doubt of that! :D

The little blurb she gave out is a little misleading I guess, and you have to watch it to really understand it. I got the distinct impression that DL aren't over, and she seemed happy about it too with a "there's a chance at true love after all" or something... I'm trying to find the vid again but my internet is being a cow. :p

I don't mind DL being over and starting again though! (I'd actually prefer it that way...but then again, I think they're over right now...so...)
    That would have been nice though, wouldn't it? :lol:

Yeah...like a happy embrace and maybe a little peck somewhere nearer to the end so we can see they're workin' it out between them - in a good way :)

I love D/L.

I thought he looked...unsure but hopeful. I think he does want them to start again but Lindsay's hesitant on letting him back in. One thing I noticed though, both Danny and Linds seem to be able to concentrate on their work when they're apart. Lindsay looked absolutely fine until Mac asked her about leaving the evidence out, and about Danny. And Danny looked fine the rest of the episodes too.

The later scene of them together made me think Lindsay's going to be trying extra hard to stop him from affecting her so much. Aww...but he'll worm himself back into her heart, he always does :D

Doubt it. If Lindsay doesn't know, the others will definitely not know. I mean, can you honestly see Danny going up to Flack and happily telling his best friend he screwed Rikki? Don't think so!

Unless he's going to Flack on how to handle the whole situation with Lindsay that is, and I have no idea how Flack can help other than to tell him to tell her. *shrugs*

*shudders as nasty thought passes through mind again* :p

Keep the voting up guys :D

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Yeah, that's fine since this new board does the polls weird and you can't do them in the posts anymore. ;)

Yes, they work the case . Flack works that case too. I doubt he will be taking Rikki. I'm thinking they'll either cut the scene, leave it as is, or maybe he takes Flack.

Yeah, I'd think they would have to talk before that episode.

I'm thinking that if it will be over, that it won't be forever. I kinda see it that way if they are over..that it might be for a season or two and then they'll end up together.

I have a feeling they're over too but I think at this point, they need it especially if Danny doesn't feel the way she does. I think in time, that will change (even though I don't like that. :p). I still see them together again in the future.

I don't see Danny telling Flack about it. Actually, I can't see Danny telling Flack about any of his girlfriends. I get the feeling Danny hasn't taken any girlfriend seriously and therefore wouldn't talk about them. I can't see him going to Flack for relationship advice either. I know they're close friends but wasn't Danny the last one (as usual :lol:) to even find out that Don had a (short-lived) girlfriend? I don't see them as talking about that stuff.

13. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Bella & Sherry - did we all enjoy screaming at Danny for forgetting birthdays tonight? :lol: I'm so dreading next week's ep! I've seen it but it means I have to re-discuss with people who've yet to see. :rolleyes: I'll start sharpening the pitchforks for Danny's a** :guffaw:

In my opinion, if Danny were to discuss the whole situation, I reckon the only one he would do so with would be Flack. If he thinks that he is in the wrong & doesn't wish to tell a soul however, he'll just bottle it up (or tell his comatose bro - continuity, na :rolleyes:) Danny needing to bare his soul is a little different from Flack's 'girlfriend' shall we call her. The only reason I refer to her in such terms is Eddie's reaction to the gf status & we never see her again - cue Angell.

Anyway, I digress! Apologies, back on topic.
    It's a bad guy thing - they have this art of reminding you how awesome it could be whilst accepting full responsibility for their actions. Oh, and concealing that guilt/responsibilty at the same time. Confused :guffaw: Yeah, we all are. And to think we're the lucky ones who aren't wondering if they're buying dinner for one or two this week. :D

14. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Haha, can't we fast forward to next year? Danny's probably going to be running frantic because he might have accidentally forgotten her birthday - again - but for innocent reasons this time and he's running around trying to find her a present and stuff whilst pretending that he remembered. :lol:

Wouldn't that be funny? :lol:

Then he can pop up and give her a daisy, and she'll tell him she knows he forgot, and she forgives him, and they can kiss and be happy :)

I think the birthday thing, in 415 had nothing to do with him forgetting her birthday, but more so that he was growing more and more distant. Poor Linds. I hope the writers fix this soon! I feel so sad watching her go through all that turmoil.

I wouldn't know, I'm a nice guy :lol: I think Danny can convince her that they've got a good thing going on and he's just been dumb. :)

15. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

Hey y'all! *skips in with her sore feet*

I don't think I've ever seen so many cats in one day :lol: Long story. Anyways...

Oooh yay! That'd be the cutest scene ever. Of course, my mind automatically begins to think of what would happen after the kiss... :devil: What the heck is wrong with me? I think I'm having fluff withdrawal or an angst overdose. And I have no idea what I'm saying so I'll just shut up now.

Oh wow, I think you just summed up life there. :guffaw: No matter what mistakes they make, how awful they might be, sometimes they just find themselves back in your heart. Grr. :p

Sissi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.