Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Moriel21, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

The spoiler also says Danny and Lindsay are talking about a player or something, which to me, sounds like they're comfortable again. If Danny did tell Lindsay he doesn't feel the same way, I would think there would be some awkwardness between them. ::shrugs::

Err, how is the spoiler for Episode 20 confirmed? I thought things can change before the episode actually airs :confused:

TPTB have no knowledge of time. Haha! Everything's just...confusing.

2. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Oh thank god - I was a little worried there! :lol: I forgot I heard that already & Dutch - nice spin ;)

[quote]Liffy says: he's going to need to come up with something new, and original to win her back. :)[/quote]

Can I be the real fluffy girl here? I want to see him do things like the previously mentioned daisy giving. One for every time he has called her Montana but do it in a treasure hunt style. You know like you do at Easter time? Can just picture her getting exasperated finding daisies everywhere she looks but slowly being won over by the cuteness of it all. :D

3. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

If she already walks out and leaves evidence behind, because he suggests renting a movie together, it seems kinda strange to go to a basketball game with him...Even if he did tell her that he doesn't feel the same about her, which I (no surprise there) really doubt, it would be smarter for her to not be around him that much to try and get her act together...she's in love with him and it would already be hard to see him at work, so going to a game should be a big no-no

The time-lines have always been and probably will always be quite unbelievable...people heal and grief in just a fragment of the time it takes 'normal' people...

4. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

I am not going to even talk about time, in television, time is something completely different! :)

I cannot see Lindsay going out with Danny to ANYTHING after "breaking up" with him. She is hurting and you don't go to basketball games and banter with an ex. That is just too painful for anyone. I think they are taking things slow and by the 20th episode she must miss the easiness of their old relationship, hence missing be called Montana...I dunno, those are just my thoughts.

5. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Ooooh, has anyone seen the number of views this thread has gotten? Over 20,000! Haha :D

Mmhmm, I wonder if the writers are even aware that we know of their...non-sense making timelines. :lol: It's very very weird.

Aww, that's so cute! And I can just see Lindsay getting frustrated with him because she keeps getting daisies everywhere and it's getting annoying, and slightly irritating so one day she asks him if she gives him another chance, will the daisy supply drop? Hehe, he'll give her a sheepish grin and say yes, they hug, and he tells her the florist is out of daisies anyway. :guffaw:

If someone I loved just told me they didn't feel the same way, the last thing I want to do is go and watch a basketball game with them. And as a way to make it up to her? How cheap can he be? :lol:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  6. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Liffy! Ahem^, I'm Peaches but hey, you make awesome avatars & banners (which it won't let me upload) :rolleyes:

Having had a long relationship with someone I consider an incredibly close, if not best friend. I am aware of the best case scenario - I got lucky in that sense and to be completely honest, even though we went back to being friends. It was just civil for months but no way was there any chance that I'd go to a game with him as friends. So if Linds is in love with him - which she stated then there is definately no chance of her being able to cope with that. Sorry but no!

7. veggie

veggie Lab Technician

I kinda liked last night episode but its kinda cruel for Danny to mention renting a movie when he just broke her heart.

its so sweet from Hawke to call her Montana! he is such a nice guy!!

8. vexus

vexus Pathologist

I thought it was a good episode, a little bittersweet, but good.

I'm stil wondering if Danny told Lindsay or not. Like last night I felt that he told her because she left the the lab in a hurry, leaving evidence behind.

I loved that there was a bit of banter last night. He did get her laughing, especially when the Jaws dialogue came on.

9. melanie33

melanie33 Hit and Run

Hey Guys. Great discussion in here not really a shipper but........

I agree with those that say, it just doesn't seem right that D/L would be out at a basketball game in episode 19 especially given Lindsay's reaction in episode 17. Add to that there are spoilers that suggest that there is tension between D and L regarding Riki in episode 18. From what I have seen in my sources, D and L seem tension free in 19, just doesn't seem believable IMO given the circumstances as they stand right now. Regardless as to whether Danny wants to make it up to her, I think asking her out even only as friends, is certainly not what Lindsay needs. IMO I think the best thing Danny could do for her , is give her space. Love is a very strong emotion, its not something you can get over easily, and hanging out with the person you have those feelings for definitely wouldn't help matters, especially when you also see that person on a daily basis at work.

Last nights episode also confirmed that there was something going on between them, given what Lindsay said to Mac about getting involved with a co worker.

Whether that was casual or more is yet to be determined. But regardless, Danny IMO still owed Lindsay a explanation. Obviously Lindsay and Danny are close, regardless of romance. If there relationship was only a casual one, I still think Danny owed it to their friendship to tell her, that wasn't working and he wanted to end it.

Instead, he ignored their friendship, basically shut her out of his life, and took up sleeping with someone else.

Because of his actions, Danny now faces the real possibility that Lindsay doesn't want to be in his life, on any level.

10. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

*facepalm* SORRY! *fixed* I was in a daze, lol :lol: Can you PM yet? If so, PM me and I'll help you fix it (there's a nifty trick) ;)

Speaking from personal experience too, I went on to date my best friend, and it worked out pretty well while it lasted. We parted on good terms, but it was still awkward, and we had to regain the "best-friend" status after that. I have to say I would never have asked her out, on any kind of outing, so close after breaking up. It just doesn't happen, there's too much tension, even if we said we parted on good terms and we both needed space to clear our heads.

I don't see how, if Danny were to tell Lindsay that he doesn't feel the same way, Lindsay would agree to going out with him. She's most likely going to either be busying herself with as much work as possible, and distancing herself from Danny. It makes no sense for her to be at the game with Danny at all if there was no longer anything between them.

The only way it would happen is if Danny and Lindsay were robots and could consciously turn off their feelings. But if they were, they wouldn't be in this mess, so - no. :lol:

Welcome to the thread Melanie33 :)

Very true, and in any case, that is going to affect Danny on all levels, because they were friends before they started whatever relationship they have between them, and Danny is a loyal person by nature. I can't see him happy if he loses her completely, just as she won't be if he's not in her life either.

11. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

Hey y'all! :)

Ooh, spoilers! Sissi loves those!

Hawkes calls Lindsay MONTANA?!?! On one hand, it makes me happy since that would make her smile - fond memories of Danny, perhaps? :) On the other hand though, it's kinda sad because... well, would you enjoy being called a nickname that someone who broke your heart gave you? :(

WHAT?!?! I missed an episode? Aw crap! *headdesk* Proving my brilliance once again. So there was some banter? Aww! Unless you guys are trying to trick me... *is suspicious*

Well, I should be off... my mouth hurts like heck. Darn dentist... *shakes fist* :)

Sissi

12. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

hello every one :) we are back to the boxes as I see

re: thread names:

Im totally for either Unsinkable! or Aint no mountain high enough!

it aknowledges the "bump" and our eternal fluffiness in one breath

his smiles trigger the memories of happier times thus making her sad. maybe he should try something totally new that doesnt bring any memories

in my favorite telenovela was a similar situation. the guy kept leaving her little notes with jasmine flowers but acted like he knew nothing about it. I would really like to see it.

13. cecilia

cecilia Dead on Arrival

Good Morning!

The more that I think about it, I don't really think we are headed to a quiet end with D&L just being friends. I tend to think that if that were the case, the writers wouldn't be featuring Lindsay's grief so much. I know some think <hope> that the end of the season will be very lite on D/L, but as an avid reader I see the tension and build-up to something here. It may not necessarily be a good thing for D/L (L in particular), but the very fact that they are giving so much attention to Lindsay's feelings gives me hope.

14. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

Awww, that is adorable - me likes :thumbsup: Maybe we could put a spin on that quote and be defiant in these confusing times...

Danny/Lindsay #22: Not letting go of love

Can someone help me out and give me a little breakdown of DL in the upcoming episodes? How many episodes are left and what to do we know for our ship in each one eg Hawkes calling Linsday 'Montana'

A few days on, I am still none the wiser about Danny and Lindsay. I still think Lindsay is trying to put some distance between her and Danny in this weeks episode, hence her walking away after they slipped back into the banter. Danny seemed to be at ease with her , which kind of annoys me :censored: because I don't think that he has told her. If he had told her and then suggested renting a video, she would have pummelled him rather than walking away. Surely they would show 'the talk' or at least the obvious aftermath of said talk. I cannot believe that the writers would gloss over that.... though anything is possible :lol:

And over 20,000 views - that is incredible!!!! Our ship rocks

Honest, there was some good old banter between them, with a hint of angst at the end. But definitely worth a watch :thumbsup:

15. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Another thing I find slightly odd, if Hawkes were to call Lindsay "Montana", why would she miss being called that if she and Danny were over, and she knows he's with Rikki? Would the logical feeling be her harbouring some feeling of resentment towards the fact that he's gone off with someone else? I'm not buying it, it makes no sense.

I think may have more to do with the fact that she misses the old Danny, and whilst Danny may be working towards it, he's not quite there yet. Danny usually calls her "Montana" when he's a little happier, and maybe that's why she misses it, she misses the old happy Danny, without all this baggage on him. :)

I don't blame her, I miss him too.
    Yupm it wasn't really banter, but it was a fun scene with Danny and Linds quoting 'Jaws'. It was quite hilarious actually, until Lindsay realised that she was supposed to be falling out of love with him, not falling deeper in love :lol: Aww, poor Linds. I just felt like hugging her the whole time.

And the fact that she guinuinely forgot about leaving out evidence, I think that's enough to show you how much this really is affecting her. :( I hope all this tension is resolved soon. I don't think I can stand much more of it! (Okay, I can, but for the record, I can't :lol:)

He needs to do something so that his smiles now remind her of what they can have together, and what they're going to work towards rather than their not so steady past. This would be a good time for Danny to really show her how much he cares about her, he's the one that made the mistake, he's the one who's going to need to reassure her that he's there to stay :)

Plus, Mac would so kick his ass if he keeps affecting Lindsay the way he is now :)

I agree with you. All of this build up has to be for something right? Maybe one big fight or something where they really put everything on the table and go from there. I don't see them ending "just as friends' because it is going to take a LONG time to be "just friends", they can't deny all those times they flirted together, and the first time they "made love" <- Yes, because that is what it was people ;) . So, unless the writers want Mac to double as a relationship adviser, I don't think the writers can continue having so much tension in the lab. They're going to work it out, and be HAPPY :D

(And for once, I hope the writers know the meaning of the word happy.)

Danny's sudden ease with her makes me think he's trying to forget about what he did with Rikki, and trying to patch things up with Lindsay -- because, we know he wubs her :D I just hope that by next episode, he'll tell her why he pushed her away (and the whole Rikki ordeal as well). He needs to get that into the open because until he's got that out there, she's going to continue trying to put distance between them.

That talk really needs to come, and I really hope we get to see it, or at least a direct consequence of the talk. Perhaps it happens off screen the day before, and the effects of it is carried over when they work together. Both Danny and Lindsay are emotional people, I can't see them just ignoring it. Something big is looming, if only we knew what. *is impatient* :p

4x18: Supposed tension between Danny and Lindsay, subject of Rikki is supposedly coming up.
    4x19: Danny and Lindsay are at a Basketball game together, there is supposedly friendly banter between them regarding a player or something.
    4x20: Hawkes calls Lindsay "Montana" and she tells him she misses it.

That is all we know regarding DL so far. :) Hope that helps ease the confusion (or rather greatly fuels it :lol:)

Right, we've got a few thread titles, and these are what we have so far:

Danny/Lindsay #22: Through thick and thin, it's meant to be.
    Danny/Lindsay #22: Steady through choppy waters
    Danny/Lindsay #22: Unsinkable
    Danny/Lindsay #22: Our ship has balls of steel
    Danny/Lindsay #22: Because I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go.
    Danny/Lindsay #22: Ain't no mountain high enough!
    Danny/Lindsay #22: Not letting go of love
    How 'bout we think up a few more titles and I'll set up some voting scheme for later tonight (since you can no longer post polls). We'll do it the FanArt way (and I'll explain that later) :cool:

Yay for the birth of a new thread! (and hopefully, a stronger love between DL ;) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.