Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Moriel21, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

Oh me.....what to do, what to do. I posted a point in one of the other boards about Rikki and the backlash of her stealing Danny's gun. But you know, What the Crap....seems as if Danny is gonna shelter her and her world. Don should have slapped it to her and then turned Danny over to Mac.

Let Mac Daddy get a hold of him. Lawd, Danny's tough, but he ain't Marine tough. Mac would kill him.

BTW, y'all come on over and eat some homemade southern chopped Bar-B-Q with me. The house smells wonderful. Galeen come on over, we'll listen to Brad and have us a good ole time. Who needs a man anyway? Well, at times we do, but for the most part we don't.

Y'all go find Lindsay! I'll fix her a Mike's Hard.:beer:

2. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

This just came to my attention. Maybe Danny's trying to compartmentalise his grief. When he's with Rikki, it's all about the grief, and when he's at the lab, he puts that aside. Because seriously, he doesn't look like he's grieving at all when he's at the lab - and that may be why he doesn't want Lindsay to know how he's dealing with it. She's a part of the "happier" part of his life and he wants it to keep it that way. :)

I like that idea.

And it would kinda be fun to have Danny trying to regain Lindsay's trust over the episodes - because face it, cheating or not, he's going to lose it anyway. Things like that, no matter how "human" it is, hurts, and she might be holding him at arms length for a while, but she'll let him back in eventually. :)

^And yes, there is no point highlighting the wrong Rikki did. You'll just get stepped on. :) So yeah, I'd rather just drop it because people just don't have the courtesy here.

And I'd MUCH rather just think how DL is going to end up happy again after all this drama. It's definitely that bump that's going to jump start some kind of relationship :)

3. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^Like that idea too - and unfortunately someone will get hurt by this

Well, Lindsay getting hurt before Danny can tell her anything would certainly make for an interesting story :wtf:, but it might indeed be a bit too much drama and would probably result in Danny wearing a straight jacket before the season is over...:scream:

Well, you and I are both the kinky types then, because I already watched it several times too, trying to catch new details...no luck, yet :(
    We do think alike!:guffaw:
    I don't think he is, and he only managed to give those excuses because he was not speaking to Lindsay in person...otherwise she would've seen right through him...he's much too extravert to be a good liar.
    It could have sounded like more than a friendly invitation, because she (and at least that is a fact now -txs PTB :rolleyes: [/sarcasm]) IS in love with him, and was perhaps trying to think of a way to be alone with him...
    There is gonna be a moment of tension between them over Rikki, so I still think we get to see the talk and that's why Lindsay gets so upset, but I really don't know anymore which spoiler goes where
    Liffy, you get the toupees and I take PV-day off the calendar...:p

4. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Toupees - AND the dresses. LOL. Nobody knows what we're talking about anymore - I feel so naughty. :guffaw:

I took PV off the calendar a LONG time ago - and all the statues are gone. Hehehehe. Serves you right. We're only loyal as long as you keep us happy! :p
    That someone, either way, is going to be Lindsay. She's stuck in the middle of all this when she doesn't even want to be. I feel so sorry for her that Danny's being a jerk right now. If there was nothing between them, can't he just tell her that?

When Lindsay told him that she loved him, it would have taken 3 seconds to tell her "I dont feel that way", and it why did he have to hide the fact that he wanted to spend the dirty day with Rikki if he's not trying to hide what he's doing?

The fact points to the fact that he IS hiding it. If he's suddenly in love with Rikki, why all the secrecy? And no, I don't think the whole "I didn't want to hurt you" applies either. :p

He so has feelings for lindsay, and I think when she tries to cross that comfort zone, he gets more defensive. He wants to keep everyone happy - but he needs to learn that he can't do that.

Danny had a small smile when he answered the phone. He wasn't smiling when he was taking stuff out of the fridge. The moment Lindsay asked him to lunch, he got defensive and the lies splurted. Are guys really that confusing? :p
    That we do :p Seeing Danny in a straight jacket would be fun I think. Because he's going to be getting ALOT of attention - he'll be happy.

Did you notice that when Lindsay's talking to him, he always looks away? He takes a look every now and again, but he never looks her in the eye - AH HA! GUILT! You're so busted Messer.

Maybe they're on a roll with telling people stuff now! :guffaw: By the end of the season we'll know the name of Danny's pet goldfish. :p

5. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

[quote By the end of the season we'll know the name of Danny's pet goldfish. :p[/quote]

Wait, Danny has a goldfish. I don't remember a goldfish:confused:. Oh wait you are being facetious aren't you.:lol:

6. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Oh boy to be Danny's goldfish...poor fish...probably scarred for life and confused as hell! :guffaw:

7. dutch_treat

^ Yes! And since last week we can even tell by the goldfish's color how many days Danny spends in the dark:guffaw:...oooh, they truly are telling us stuff now (I'm really sarcastic today :rolleyes:)

Yes, you really should stop being naughty :evil:...*psst* too bad you cannot take away ugliness...;)

That's a really interesting take on things...Rikki (who, most likely, doesn't know about Lindsay) turned to him and he wanted to make her happy above anything else at that moment and at the same time he did suspect Lindsay's feelings for him (hence the excuses and the guilty looks) and he didn't want to make her sad either so he is now stuck in his big web of lies and doesn't know how to get out of there....:(

8. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Do I even want to know what he's doing in the dark? Playing Star Wars probably. :guffaw:

No - you're very right. What about liposuction? :devil: That *might* do some improvement - around, well, everywhere. LOL! But the toupee - now THAT is going to be missed and that, my dears, is what happens when you piss usually happy people off. :p As for the dresses - that one is credited to Stardust - seriously - I can just imagine it - complete with music.

I'm still trying to figure it all out. If he's stuck in the middle - what does he feel? He needs to make up his mind, but unfortunately, as long as he pulls the guilt 'n' grief card with Rikki, he's not going anywhere but surrounding himself in even more trouble.

Poor Linds, she's probably wondering what happened to the old Danny Messer she loves, and now his body is possessed by some ghost. :rolleyes:

9. dutch_treat

Well he has been swinging his light sabre around a lot lately..:devil:

Yes, that's the big problem when people are not being honest both to themselves and towards others; before you know it, everyone involved will have to pay a price for your behaviour :brickwall: - In Danny's case, he hurts Lindsay, he might have done more damage than good for Rikki and he hurts himself because this way he is losing everyone's respect...The sooner he comes clear, the better chance he still has to limit the pain for everyone...:(

Aren't we all...

LOL:guffaw:, I forgot about the dresses, but you should really stop confusing people :p

10. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

That was a disgusting comment which gave me mental images I did not need.

Haha, is it pathetic that the only fallback plan of hope I have is that the writers aren't going to destroy Danny cause everyone loves him? :)

It's the hurting Lindsay part that I get so angry about. When she pushed him away, she explicitly said she couldn't be in a relationship with him. But now the roles are switched and he couldn't care less? Not cool Danny, very uncool.

And you do not want to know about the skateboard. Seriously you don't. Or the road trip.

11. dutch_treat

*weird mood today* :rolleyes: I didn't need them either, but the forces of the dark side are strong and at the moment he clearly is drawn to them....:scream:
    That it is...but I don't think he really didn't care, but was just not sure how to handle the situation at that moment...or at that time (it wasn't really the ideal place) he decided not to tell her yet, because she would be even more upset, so when she confessed her feelings he knew that he couldn't wait any longer :(

Boy do we need to see that talk :brickwall:*sighs again*

:eek: Yeah, yeah, I know I should've perhaps joined sooner ;), no need to rub it in :p...I'll try to catch up asap

12. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I'll get him a torchlight so he can poke around in the little hole he's dug himself into. Pfft. :mad:

Oh yes we do - even if I've got a sinking feeling part of it may happen off screen. Grr. But seriously, if this is the real Danny Messer - I have no qualms with Lindsay dumping him like garbage. You don't treat someone like that even if you are in a right state about anything.

Lindsay on the other hand has been completely clueless all this while, thinking he's working it out on his own. I wonder if the thought of him going to Rikki has ever crossed her mind. I think she wants to see the best in him, just like he did to her, only in his case, he saw something good, in her case, there wasn't much to see.

I want the old Danny Messer back. The once with a conscience and actually cared about people more. And happily flirting with Linds. I miss that - and right now, it may take a LONG time till we see that again (or...maybe an episode or two - long time in TPTB's eyes are...weird), because even if Lindsay takes him back, they're not going to be as comfortable with each other as they used to be straight away. There's going to be an awkward phase (for a moment) before they sink back into their usual ways of things, minus the depression, minus the angst and multipy and add the fluff. :)

Told you :p Road trip is going to be expensive though... LOL.

13. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Yay! I got myself a pretty avatar! Cheers Liffy - can we infect the entire thread with it? :D

How about to get them fully back on track we have them working a case together and talking to a suspect. Said suspect will maybe pick up on a little tension, maybe for once they're not finishing each other's sentences or invading one another's space and they decide to home in on it. Slight dig at maybe Danny which kick starts the 'Hey, only I have the right to be annoyed & pissed at him - shut the **** up!' from Lindsay. Maybe a little more defensive than neccessary not just 'Treat the Detective with respect' telling off. Danny sneaking a little glance, trademark smirk starting to show. Linds realises she's been caught & blushes slightly....

Then go get some food!!

Signature changed as requested ;)

*goes back to daydreaming of Mini Messers*

14. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

Oh boy, at least the initial shock has wavered down. Except now it seems the thread has divided - kinda scary. This could wind up pretty nasty. [/ hesitant Nervous Nelly]

Ignoring everything everyone has posted (because I can), because of this Rikki/Danny scene thing, I can see a lot of potential. I can totally see Danny trying to figure all of this out throughout an ep, while the team works on a case. Towards the middle, he realizes that he needs his Lindsay and tells Rikki to stop this. He lets her down easy, showing just how gentle he really is. Then at the end, he runs up to Lindsay in the lab and kisses her senseless.

He wants her back. I just know it.

Now, feel free to throw things at me for this, I'll be hiding for awhile. :)

Sissi

15. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

I think the majority of us now are agreeing with what you're saying :lol: so I wouldn't hide just yet. We just don't want Lindsay getting messed about & Danny being turned into some lying player he clearly isn't and if we can get this without causing LV any unneccessary pain all the better! Writers take note - give us our fluffiness back and cause Drama! for someone else. Granted they can't put any more on Stel for at least 6 episodes but what about a further insight to Adam? Or give Hawkes & Flack some air time.

We want cheesy happiness! The only angst I wanna see for at least 3 episodes is 'You can't wear your red shirt - it'll clash with my pink dress!'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.