CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. under_cover

under_cover Hit and Run

Ive been following Hill Harper's Tweeter since last year, and been waiting for NY's behind the scenes tweet...nada... and now after one year, the long wait is finally over!!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  2. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

^ Yeah, me too! Finally! Can't wait to read Harper's tweets and the rest of the casting tweets too! :p

That was a great interview and answers most of our questions, I think. And FINALLY Hawkes will get story lines!!!!

By the way, I like how he said "Are they going to give it to Adam? Come on! I don't even know if Adam likes girls!" LMAO!!!

3. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

I'm a technology dweeb.How do we follow HH's tweets? Do you have to have a Blackberry?

4. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

You don't have to have a Blackberry in particular, no, that's just apparently his preferred method of posting. You can tweet by blackberry/phone/related device of choice/or just from any computer online, yada.

Just to read his posts you don't necessarily even need to register, only a link to his page, which the lovely article in the Talk CSI section kindly provides.

If reading is all you wish you can just favorite his page in your browser or save the address or copy the link. If you wish to be able to participate in tweeting him questions or whatev, you will need an account or to borrow a friend's to post a message from. If you don't have a Twitter account and want one, it's easy to register, easy enough to use, and costs nuthing but time if you have it.

Honestly the easiest thing would be to use the link provided in the Talk CSI article, or what the hell, hope it's alright to do it here: HHTwitter and then either (a) favorite the page/save the address, or (b) if you have an account, login and just click to Follow his updates, or (c) register and then do the same if you don't yet have an account but want one. You can set your own preferences for use, which I would advise looking at, even if you simply default to a typical set up. Hope that helps. :p

5. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

It did and I linked and I think he should wear the glasses....:guffaw:

6. Cyn-B-Demented

Thanks Elwood for being faster then me lol :thumbsup: But yeah, tobinhr, you don't have to register to follow the tweets since Hill's Twitter page is public! ;)

I hope you figured your ways around with what Elwood suggested or we'll be glad to help ya again, no problems :D

7. Cyn-B-Demented

(Now that I'm not in a hurry, I can read people's posts lol)

I agree with you here. Fans' opinion shouldn't have that much weight with the decisions they make for the show. Though it's nice that Hill Harper wants to get the writers, producers and actors inspired by our ideas, questions we might raise regarding a storyline or a character's aspect, etc. He mentioned it's important to keep things fresh and I bet some of our perspective can make them see things they haven't thought of before. I kinda see it like when cops handle a case to a new investigator to see if he can spot a detail they missed! A fresh look on things always do the trick! :D

8. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

great interview with hill harper! can't wait to follow his tweets from behind the scenes! lol.

about kaye, how would they know the audience "responded well" to her? megan (tara price) on miami started off not on the opening creds. after an episode or 2, she was officially a regular cast member. then in the season finale, she was cut from the opening creds. meaning people didn't "respond well"?

by the way, congratulations to ed asner! he's an official emmy nominee for outstanding performance by a guest actor in a drama series! :)

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Asner got the nomination??? That's awesome!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

10. mrsmesser1

mrsmesser1 Victim

i swear to god if another person leaves im gonna die. that wuld ruin the show.

11. Duke

Duke Witness

I dunno about it ruining the show, but it will certainly lose it's appeal. I gotta admit now Warrick, Sara and Griss have all gone on Vegas, I don't tune in anymore. It just doesn't work for me. :(

12. Mynerva24

Mynerva24 Witness

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I think it's awesome that Ed got nominated - I'm crossing my fingers that he wins it! He did such a great job in "Yahrzeit". :D

Yeah, I'm all for fresh perspectives and them getting ideas and feedback they might not get otherwise - fans certainly have a different way of looking at the show than the people involved in making it would have. :)

It's the shows that try to cater to the fans' ever-changing whims that run into trouble. ;)

Yeah, had the viewers even seen an episode with her in it by the time they bumped her to the opening credits? It's hard to gauge the audience response if they haven't even seen the character yet.

And how do you deal with things in the meantime? There's a lag between the episodes being produced and the episodes going on the air, so they'll be making episodes with the character before they even know how the audience will respond - and there's really no immediate way to deal with it if the response is less than stellar...

I dunno, I guess we'll see. I want to be optimistic, so I'm going to assume they cast a talented actress and she'll do a good job in the role and have great chemistry with the rest of the cast. :)

14. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Great, at least one nomination, and a very well deserved one.

Sounds good what Hill has to say, and soon we´ll get hints and clues by the best possible source :).

I´m glad that Kaye Sullivan will begin as a recurring character, though it makes even less sense why Angell had to go, just the old budget cut thing again that the actress who plays Kaye will be cheaper than Emmanuelle.

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Spoilers for the premiere! There's not much, but here is what I can tell you at the moment (it's possible that they'll release more later, but this is it for now):

6.01 "Epilogue"

Danny is the one that was injured in the shooting - he's in a wheelchair.

A woman named Risa contacts him and says she has some information. They meet at a high rise building. When she shows up, Mac is there with Danny, hand on his gun just in case.

Risa says she needs them to protect her brother, who was somehow involved in the shooting. Before she can say much, the elevator opens and a man in dark clothing is standing inside...​
    Dun dun duuuuuuun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.