CSI:Miami is cancelled.

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Nightfoxxy, May 13, 2012.

1. csimiamiforever

csimiamiforever Victim

Do you guys think that CBS will reconsider their decision and opt for a shortened season or tv movie, or maybe miami will get picked up by another network (AMC, A&E, WEtv)? I am a really optimistic person so I am keeping my hopes up that we will get SOMETHING, any kind of closure. But I guess time is running out :(

2. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

At some point down the line they might do a tv movie but that's a long shot.
    As to everything else,nope. Once a long running show gets canceled,it normally stays that way.

3. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

I doubt a shortened season, or get picked up by another network. A TV movie at some point is not impossible and probably our best hope of seeing the team again. It's been done before with shows that were canceled. Shows that I believe were shown on CBS. So CBS are not totally closed to the idea.

4. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

A TV movie that would wrap up unresolved storylines would be wonderful. I really hope that we can get that closure fans deserve. A big problem with that is the network TV movie is just about dead. There was a recent TV Guide article that discussed this very thing. CBS just dropped Tom Selleck's Jesse Stone series of movies because the last one that aired (in May) got dismal ratings. Mr. Selleck is now hoping a cable network may pick it up. Movies hardly air anymore--remember how they were a staple on the weekends? Now we're bombarded with repeat airings of other shows, a reality show, newsmagazines, and maybe an occasional movie. ;)

5. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

I would LOVE anything that would get us some closure, and I would think a TV movie is the only way, as I doubt they'd make a feature film of a series they cancelled :(

Something else to get pissed about:

2011-2012 TV RATINGS

I just found this article about the 2011-2012 ratings, and guess what - While CSI:NY ranked 94th among 18-49 year olds, CSI:Miami ranked 62nd on the list - 22 points higher on the main demographic - WTF?!?:wtf: Also, overall, CSI:Miami STILL beat CSI:NY, coming in 32nd while NY came in 34th - this is all despite the CONSTANT DELAYS AND PREEMPTIONS AND THE CRAPPY TIME SLOT.

Not to be a NY hater, but seriously, Miami was doing MUCH BETTER and had NO WARNING of being cancelled - NY was warned TWICE. So instead they give NO CLOSURE to a show that is doing 20 POINTS BETTER and keep the show that has the LOWEST RATING of all the CSIs in this category, and which would've had closure had it ended.:wtf::eek: I HATE CBS!!!:scream:

6. csimiamiforever

csimiamiforever Victim

wow really? I knew miami had better ratings but that is by a lot! Even in the 'death slot' where it got delayed by sports it STILL trumped NY. I don't like NY that much.. I couldn't get into the characters as much as miami or vegas, but they barely got a renewal last year, and then CBS chooses NY over Miami because of some bs reason that they want to make Fridays 'new york night'. :wtf: I would think that the ratings and success of the show mattered, not what CITY its set in. I really think that it came down to money, as I guess miami was more expensive to make... but that's what made it good, right? :lol: i just think they shouldve given the fans SOME SORT of closure.. after a decade on air you would think they would do that much for them. I despise CBS as well. I would boycott it, but I love NCIS and csi: vegas. :p I am really gonna miss the show this fall.. :(

7. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

miamirocks
    The information you've found is just another proof there were some other reasons for cancellation aside from ratings (but, of cause, I don't believe in thier "friday new-york time slot" fairy tale).

I hate CBS too:devil:

8. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

It came down to money,period. I was not shocked when CSI Miami got canceled,the only shocker was CSI NY didn't go right along with it.
    Cold hard truth is no matter what the ratings were going to be,when CBS puts a show in that timeslot on SUnday,it's pretty much the kiss of death for that show. The last four shows to put be there were all canceled at the end of that year so I knew the show was marked.
    In addition,they reduced the episode order,which is usually another sign the show is on the chopping block.
    The idea that there was no warning is sadly not true.
    As for the explaination on why it was canned,very rarely are they going to come out and say it was about money. It's harsh but it's show business.
    Sadly not the first show where fans and the cast weren't given closure..and it won't be the last.

9. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Well, this is SHOW BUSINESS, and we fans aren't stupid. They don't have to sugar-coat it for us; just tell us the truth! We can take it--we know TV shows can be expensive to make; budgets get out of control, etc.

If any of you are Mentalist fans, you'd better start preparing early. You can kiss that hit goodbye. :(

10. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Well, I doubt the expense is location. Most of the show is shot in California where all 3 CSI shows are shot. The expensive part is probably all those color filters to make the colors brighter and all those split screens and freeze frames and other annoy video tricks and those Hummers they drive. I doubt those Hummers are under $60,000 each. I'm sure Suzuki Forenzas would do just fine. Forenzas--forensics. Get it? Hey, TPTB at CSI: Miami. Lose those annoy video tricks and those add-too-much-color filters and those hummers and you just might save yourselves and CBS some money.

11. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Also, DC was one of the highest paid actors on TV. I agree, the budget made the final decision.

12. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

CSI: Miami was definitely more expensive to produce. it has more special effects, explosions, firefights, etc than CSI: NY does. Not to mention the actors were payed more. Miami was also filmed a lot outdoors, whereas NY is filmed mostly on cheap stages.

The cancelation had everything to do with money. :shifty:

13. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

Certainly Miami looks like the one that has the most money spent on it. But for me, despite it doing better ratings wise, it's been the weaker of the 3 shows now for a number of seasons. I think they had more bad than good episodes. In addition i think the supporting cast below caruso are just not as good as the other 2 shows either.

14. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Maybe Miami was the most expensive to produce, and the plotlines wore a bit thin, but there was something fresh about it again after the addition of Walter & the beefing up of Natalia's role and the emphasis on team spirit. If the team seemed like the weakest supporting cast, it was only b/c the writers failed to write for them- Jon Togo, A-Rod, Emily Procter, Eva LaRue, Omar - they're all awesome. Even the newbie who played Lohman was funny, and of course there's Rex Linn who's awesome too. Caruso was playing up the character, and while he went a little overboard for my taste at times, I think Horatio will be more iconic than Grissom or Mac. :cool:

Also, the teens have spoken: Adam Rodriguez won best actor in a TV series (action) - so shame on you CBS for canceling a still pretty popular show w/out closure. Miami deserved better. Should've cancelled NY and put that money into one last season for Miami to give closure, even if it was shortened. :shifty:

15. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

The cast is planning a dinner party at Eva's house. Check out their Twitter pages. :)