CSI:LV season 10 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Solitaire, Jan 10, 2010.

1. tootes

tootes Rookie

Yep :D Went as far as setting my phone alarm so i remembered. :rolleyes: Hee'
    But saying that, its normally the only thing i do remember to do, too :\

2. LasVegasCSI

LasVegasCSI Witness

HAPPY VEGAS TUESDAYYY!!!!!:D

Sorry, got a little carried away there.

"Long Ball" is tonight's episode :) My god....we're on episode 12 already?? Time's flown by huh?

3. lal

lal Pathologist

Happy Vegas Tuesday :)

i know i can't believe we are on episode 12 already either .

P.S love your avatar and signature LasVegasCSI

4. tootes

tootes Rookie

Happy Vegas Tuesday Everyone !! :D

& didn't realise it was epiosde 12 already >.< .. Don't want Vegas to finnish, its my favourite !!

5. LasVegasCSI

LasVegasCSI Witness

its my fave too. I mean I like the spin offs but Vegas is definitely the best by far and highly addictive and I'd be sad to see it go

6. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Happy Vegas Tuesday!
    Time is going so fast, I cant believe Easter is nearly upon us.
    But were only on epi 12- still have half the season to go yet!!

7. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

Okay. See if I can write this up without breaking into incoherent giggles...

This, like Apendicitement, was an episode I wasn't really looking forward to because I'm SO with Mark Twain on the subject of golf. It IS a good walk spoiled and televised golf is even worse. This, though, was entertaining. It was just silly enough throughout that it kept me giggling, even though I really did feel quite bad about laughing at some of the puns. Especially that last one. I mean, most of those puns are probably the worst set of puns this side of Jeff Stelling, but the straight-faced delivery, usually followed by at least one person either groaning, eye-rolling or metaphorically face-palming sold them every time.

The line about the sister's ex's balls and, more particularly, Nick's "I can't believe he just said that" expression had me doubled up laughing, all the while thinking "I can't believe the script writers put that in there - I can't believe LF actually said it!"

Speaking of Nick, when was the last time you saw him having that. much. fun. throughout an investigation? I'm not sure, but it has to be at least a few seasons back. (And on an RL note, so very, VERY good to see GE fit enough and healthy enough to actually enjoy this episode given that, a, he is a golf fan/golfer and b, how serious his back problems were, particularly towards the end of last season.)

And the murderer was physics! Love it. *giggles*

Some points in brief, then:
    -No Wendy this week and surprisingly little from David and Doc Robbins. Then again, this wasn't exactly the sort of mystery where they'd need to be too heavily involved.
    -Speaking of which, though, one sour note that struck me about the episode: Was this case REALLY high profile enough that the entire graveyard shift were on it?
    -For that matter, why was the *GRAVEYARD* shift investigating this case at all? Surely it should have been Day Shift's case...or has the lab finally ditched Day Shift on account of their complete incompetence?...!
    -Sara's put down of Nick when he started babbling about golf balls *giggles*
    -For that matter, Sara's conversation with Greg at the practice range. Response to fan speculation, perhaps?
    -And AAAAAAAGH! The Dr Ray thing is back! I take back every nice thing I just said about Sara...
    -This episode has also introduced me to a genuinely new feeling: feeling sorry for Hodges. All those grass samples...wow.
    -Was anyone else expecting Ray to start talking to the golf club cover in the teaser? I mean, I swear he was wearing it like a glove puppet...
    -And I know I already mentioned this, but I STILL can't get over the line about the sister's ex's balls...I may be stuck on that one for a while, actually!

Overall, then, I really did enjoy this episode a lot - and it does prove that CSI can do humour without making me cringe.

What did anyone else think?

8. LasVegasCSI

LasVegasCSI Witness

I really agree with you. I think it was just as good as "Appendictement". That line LF came out with about the balls was just classic comedy. I too loved the reactions from Nick and Catherine. LF said it so calmly and to be honest, I think he played it as though he didn't think about what he was saying until he saw the faces of the other two.

Definitely a good ep. It'd be nice to see some more little snippets of comedy in the future.

9. tootes

tootes Rookie

Oh' that was a good episode, on so many levels !!

Have to agree with you both on the subject of LF's jokes !! I honestly didn't know whether to laugh or cringe ..It was the almost innocent way he delivered it that had me cracking up though, it was like something a little kid would say & then wonder why all the adults were laughing. The reactions of Nick & Catherine just added to fit of giggles i was in !!

^^ I thought it was a puppet at first, but then my knowledge of golf errrrm.. gear ? doesn't go much futher than you use a ball & a club. After they almost explained what it was i was in hysterics at the way Ray kept turning it to look at him.. i was sure he was gonna put on a cartoon voice & name it Cuddles !!

Loved the scene between Nick & Sara, with the different types balls.. the 'really? you expect me to know what your talking about' looks Sara gave him were truely priceless !!

Talking of Sara, i get a tad over excitted when i see 'Jorja Fox' in the list of guest stars.. i know not everyone likes it that they brought her back for a few episodes, but i am a massive Sara fan, so.. *happy dance* !!

Oooh' which links in to Sara & Greg's convo about whether Sara and Grissom are actually married.. love how easy it still is for Sara to wind Greg up, you'd think he would have learnt by now.. :p
    Plus any mention of GSR = Very Happy Katie !!!

No Wendy in the episode though, which is pretty pants !!

Thought it was a bit odd that they were all investigating the same case.. it didn't seem to be that major to me, was waiting for another body to randomly turn up for the first half hour, but no complaints as it was a brilliant episode :)

Ahhh' role on next tuesday ;) ..x

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I also loved LFs 'balls' line! He delivered it really well.
    Katie- you arent the only one who is happy Sara is back. I really loved her interactions with Nick in this epi, and I always love her and Greg. They have such great chemistry.

I liked the fact that it wasnt actually a murder. But I too couldnt understand why it took every csi to work the case. Surely it was more 'B' case material? I enjoyed it, but I found it pretty average. I think the problem was that my mind was elsewhere- im going to a wedding next week and was too busy panicking about an outfit to devote my full attention to the epi. And golf bores me.................

Athersgeo- I can never understand their shift pattern! Definitely seemed like a day time case to me. They work all day long these people!

I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend!!

11. lal

lal Pathologist

I really enjoy this episode , i love all the comedy in it , and at the end i was expecting the team to playing around of golf :)

Happy Easter Everyone

12. tootes

tootes Rookie

Happy Vegas Tuesday !! :D

Everyone have a good Easter ?

:) x

13. lal

lal Pathologist

Happy Vegas Tuesday :)

14. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

Late this week thanks to getting sidetracked into a small essay on the subject of season 5...

This was another episode I was looking forward to and it's another one that didn't let me down. It isn't quite the Nickisode that Death and the Maiden was, but it IS possibly the first real Nick-and-Sara episode since her return and it really was like watching an early season episode. Nice banter between them and so much understanding and...okay. Yes. I admit it. I like Nick/Sara. *cough* Please don't hate me!

The expanda-brain was a little disturbing at the beginning, but I did otherwise like the start of the episode, right up to the point where Ray got needlessly included. I don't have a problem with the character as a general rule, but I can't help but feel the teaser should have been Doc Robbins on his own, the whole way through.

Ah well.

And Brass! Lots of Brass! Including one of the better final scenes - which was just as well because the way the story actually worked out was fairly...lame and something of a let down.

Other points in brief...
    -Wendy! Wendy getting to do fieldwork (even if it is in the garage rather than out on the streets)
    -"Wendy helping or hindering, which is it?"/"I'm helping"/"Atta girl!" :guffaw:
    -And Hodges not only doing fieldwork without so much as a whinge, but also allowing Sara to correct him graciously...has Hodges had a personality transplant? I'm kinda missing the snide kissass...
    -...though I AM unreasonably amused by the idea of Hodges as a Twilight fan. (I have mentioned being easily amused yes? Yes? Good)
    -Speaking of Hodges, did VERY much like Archie's description of him :lol:
    -So who here recognised Gus from "You've Got Male"? Or, for that matter "It Happened To Me" from NY's current season?
    -Was anyone else reminded of Fallen Idols with the distance away from the road/point of impact Cindy was found? Slightly surprised they didn't bring that up, even as a sideways mention, particularly given that the girl in Fallen Idols was ALSO a cheerleader (gosh, what an unsafe occupation that seems to be!) and it was Nick who suggested widening that search radius and he was the one out with Greg...
    -LOVE the last scene, though :lol:

Overall, great episode. What did anyone else think?

15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I enjoyed the episode.
    Archie's back!! I do like Archie.
    Hodges and Wendy working together! I love this pair, they have such great chemistry.
    The brain thing was kinda disgusting. (BTW- Has anyone else noticed they are showing repeats oy CSI:NY on 5 at midday? Is it just me, or does that seem wrong? Surely all the disgusting stuff they show on these shows shouldn't be shown pre-watershed. Especially on one of the main channels?)

I didn't recognise Gus. I have a terrible memory for faces! The end seemed a bit of a let down - having a street race with your own niece?

Loved Greg's comments about Papa Olaf- not heard about him for a while!

Athersgeo- I prefer GSR, but I like Nick and Sara working together. They have great chemistry. And way back in season 1 I thought they might have put those two together.

Katie- I had a very nice Easter, thanks. Hope you did. It was over too quick. But I am off on holiday for a week, starting tomorrow. So I will have to set next weeks episode to record!