Criminal Minds #3: Beware The Office Of Unfettered Omniscience

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Hm. Yeah, I suppose that it could've been the culmination of a bad week. I just don't personally believe that because she was the only one that was that ticked. The others actually seemed a bit surprised by it. If it was just the recent events, they'd all be kind of angry, because Emily normally doesn't have that kind of fuse.

If Strauss thinks that Morgan will be her Yes Ma'am, she is either stupid or delusional. He was growly at her when she suspended Hotch. Imagine if she was actually trying to order him around? Yeah right.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Well I think the others were mad, but Emily fineally just let go and as if screw this, the 100th ep lite the fuse and the debriefing, the funeral, the case and BOOM!!!! :scream: :eek: Like I said the others might have been mad but this woman who has said "I just compartamentalize better (pardon the spelling I have reason for the problem) then most" just proved that sometimes human nature wins out. Sort of the question Hotch had to answer how long do you fight the monstors before you become one or feel close to beinging like one yourself, he faced that, and they all have that demon that haunts them (no that wasn't a play on demonology lol) Em was bound to break sooner or later.

As to them being shocked by her actions, I think it was based on her physical actions and her words to Joe, I honestly don't know if the were shocked she did it, or surprised (sort of like being tackled out of nowhere when your thinking something is going to go easy) in a general sense. Course she also took that beating in that one ep so maybe seeing that triggered something to.

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Oooo.... I have my own personal opinions on her background, but I like your idea that it might have triggered some left over PTSD from Minimal Loss. Because it makes sense that she'd react poorly to seeing a (brunette, no less) woman being knocked around by a psycho.

You know, I'm curious about whether the crash knocks Morgan out or traps him somehow. Because the spoiler says that Emily gets into a scuffle with the UnSub (which is up for interpretation, but is still there), and yet the UnSub has to get away because he starts a killing spree. I can't see him getting away from both Morgan and Emily, even if they did just get hit by a truck. And I can see Morgan getting knocked to at least semi-consciousness, because I'm pretty sure that the truck hits his side of the car. And then it rolls down an embankment. Which is pretty serious, really.

4. Destiny

It could be PTSD as we said before everyone on the team has some form of it, if they didn't then they are way newbie. Course it could also be just a case of being tired, had enough (with everything thats happened) and wanting to make a point that Joe would understand, I think he got the point, bet she felt better.

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

She probably did feel better. Until she realized that she just wished something that you aren't supposed to wish on anybody else. She was a bit... not paranoid, per se, but wary about the whole "what makes us better than the UnSubs", see her reaction to showing the photos in Outfoxed, and I can't imagine her feeling better for too long after she did that.

6. Destiny

The whole Karma thing kinda sucks, and will kick you hard. I was watching an ep on A&E tonight. 3x10 "True night" where the guy and his gf are attacked she is killed and he survives but has a psycotic break and he draws out the killings and doesn't know that he is drawing what he is committing. Also the one where the gf Vicky has her message "This is Vicky, I'm out living my life, leave it at the beep" and he keeps calling her phone though she is dead and listening to her voice. Anyway the reason I bring this up.

On the plane, Rossi notices that Prentiss is staring into space and asks her about it. She admits that this case has really affected her – she admits this was the first case she has worked where the unsub wasn't a "bad guy. Then she says that in six months he went from having this life of success to being a kill, and wondering if everyone is capable of that.

Anyway it made me think of this discussion, and when I mentioned that Hotch was fineally answering the question posed in season one about monstors...

1x1 "Extreme Aggressor" Here is your monstor question Gideon: Nietzsche once said, "When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks into you."
    5x9 "100" here is your answer about monstors. Hotchner: He who fights with monsters might take care, lest he thereby becomes a monster. And you you gaze for long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." Friedrich Nietzsche.

I was thinking that Em might be thinking one day your the best guy in the world, something tears that apart, breaks you down and suddenly all the rage you have consumed comes out if you let it. Now I don't think in "Slave to duty" that is what happen to her persae but rather she knew what she had to do to get through to this guy, and it had to be a woman to take back what he took away.

If you remember they said at one point JJ was going to have her own storyline, Reid I guess his. It seems to me that they are not ignoring Emily but rather slowly bringing hers forward, as she said she deals with things better then most, therefore to suddenly drop a big secret with her (other then the pregnancy story and it wasn't that big I figured it out before she told Rossi) maybe her story time will come next season, I mean if they are going some at a time.

Hotch, JJ, Reid this season, maybe its Emily, Morgan, Rossi the next, and Garcia aww she is so off the grid that she just about covered alot with when she was shot. I don't know if that is what they are doing but it seems strange. Emily is like a personality that simmers, and simmers until suddenly BOOM! So to just go Boom without the other would be very OOC for her IMO.

7. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Mhm. It's probably a mixed bag, really. With everything that's been going on recently, combined with some previous issues, it was just the time for her compartmentalization skills to fail.

Second Promo

Oddly, it's a bit more jumpy and a bit less jumpy at the same time. That makes sense if you watch it.

Also, the driver is apparently not Morgan, as someone commented that the driver is in a suit and possibly has a mustache. Morgan wasn't in a suit earlier, so it's probably not him.

Which, and this is going to sound really wrong and I hope I explain it correctly, is good. Because if they need to kill the driver (the truck hit on the driver's side door, and there would certainly be a chance), it's easier to have that worry if the driver isn't a team member.

And I think it's possible that, since Emily has her gun out when the car is hit, the UnSub gets her gun in the collision and is able to use that either in his crimes, to escape, or both. Which, if he uses it in his crimes, will suck for Emily. Guilt trip, anyone?

8. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I wonder what the chances are that...
    when we see this vehicle go over the cliff it'll happen at the END of the episode, leaving a cliffhanger till we finally get to see a new ep after the holidays. I'll bet they're going to leave us to worry about the team members in that crash. Some will probably be injured and they'll have us wondering how badly they're injured.

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I don't think so. I can see them doing that to us, but I'm pretty sure that the spoilers said that the guy in the car is arrested for the murder of Stacey Ryan, and then escapes to go on a spree killing. Which actually worries me more than the premise of a cliffhanger, because if he's going to go off spree killing, there's no reason for him to leave Emily and the driver alive unless he either thinks that they're dead or wants the cops to know how he escaped.

I know that they're aren't going to kill off Emily, but she'd still have to be hurt enough for him to decide that she's not worth killing, since I'd bet that he gets her gun when they crash, since right before the truck hits the car she has her gun out and is aiming it at the UnSub. (Lord knows why she's holding a gun on a handcuffed suspect. I have to assume that he got out or something.) It'd be perfectly easy for a murderer like him to just shoot the two people in the car, so I'm slightly concerned with why he (probably) doesn't. Okay, I'm way overanalyzing this, but I'm curious.

So, I'm confused. They aren't FBI? But then... what... Seriously, what the hell is going on? It sounds like we're taking the name of Criminal Minds and putting it on a show that is a mix of NCIS: LA and Dark Blue. And I'm not really liking it.

10. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Yeah, the info about the spinoff is confusing. They don't have to answer to any bureaucracy? If not, then, no, it can't be the actual FBI that they're working for. I don't know, it all depends who they cast in the lead. I know who I wish it could be. If they pick someone bland, then that will blow it for me, and I'll only watch the original. They must pick someone handsome so I can get to ogle. I hope the show runners can pull this off. I mean getting the whole thing to work. I kinda wish they'd pick two leads for the team like how it is in the original.

I know too we don't have to worry about...
    Emily getting killed. But I don't like the idea of her getting seriously hurt either. :( They could drag it out where she's lying there seriously injured throughout most of the ep, and they're trying to find her, while at the same time they're trying to find the escaped UnSub.

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Bah. You're not supposed to remind me of prospective drug-out fan-torture when we still have a day to go, HnStetlerfan. :lol:

I know that when Paget Brewster was doing that article, where she mentioned how much security her house had, she had a fake black eye that was from this episode, from a "scuffle with a spree killer and a car crash". Which... implies that at some point she's at least okay enough to chase the UnSub when he gets out of the car, right? So I'm assuming that she gets the black eye from... him knocking her unconscious? Maybe? Gah, I hate when I try to figure out the unknowable in TV. It drives me crazy, but I still do it... damn show... *g*

ETA: Hold on, I just reread that article, and the word they used was "tussle". Which could be referring to the fact that the BAU is chasing him. I hate word games. They're deceptive and I always feel like I'm missing something. :lol:

Actually, part of the reason that I dislike the spinoff is that I know I'll watch it whether I like it or not. :lol: Then again, it might take a while to do so because I didn't start watching the CSI spinoffs until NY's season three. I have a very love-hate relationship with spinoffs.

I suppose if they cast it correctly, it might be good. I guess I just find it weird that it sounds like they aren't in the FBI.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  12. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Sorry to have reminded you of what the writers can be capable of, Icestorm19. :angel:

Let me change the subject briefly since I didn't get to respond yet to what you and Destiny posted about what motivates Strauss on previous pages.

I know Strauss isn't without a soul. I don't hate her even though I don't like how tense she makes Hotch. She IS human. I've seen it in previous episodes. I think you two are probably right that she doesn't want Hotch to get her position, and that that's why she always seems so out to trip him up. I really had to chuckle when I noticed how Jack reacted to her when she came over in the last episode. He knows she's bad news. :lol: He did his own version of how his Dad usually acts toward her. :lol: And yeah, like you said, Destiny, whatever Hotch says to her often has a tinge of "bite me" to it. I love that.

I also loved in the last episode how Rossi was looking out for Hotch. But that he didn't need to be worried about Morgan trying to take Hotch's job because Morgan is a good man and wouldn't do that. But I'm glad Rossi was there for Hotch.

13. Destiny

Anita in Houston: Has Thomas Gibson left Criminal Minds?

Nope! Despite Hotch's recent family tragedy, all parties involved assure us that Thomas Gibson is remaining with the show. (Too bad for you fans who expressed a hope that Haley's death opened the door to a major return by Mandy Patinkin's Gideon.) In other news, producers are now casting four regulars for a Criminal Minds spinoff; network sources aren't saying anything for sure, but chances are good that we'll meet the new team first in an episode of the mothership, and then they'll zoom off to their own world next season.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm confused. I thought they were gonna have a woman for a leader in the spin-off? The descriptions for the girl sounds familiar (reminds me a bit of Nikki on Numbers) and the description for Prophet... I swear I've heard that one before, but I can't pinpoint the show or movie that had a character like that. :lol:

I'm with you, Alex. I'm not liking the sound of this at all.

The only one that sounds interesting to me is the British Special Forces guy. And that would probably only be if he had the accent. :lol: I have a feeling that this particular character might make the show. :lol:

Oh and my brother told me that someone ... maybe the creator of Criminal Minds (or someone involved in it anyway) is going to be doing a new series version of Teen Wolf which will air on MTV. MTV, really? MTV should totally change their name cause they rarely play music on that station anymore. I miss the MTV of the 80s, man! :lol:

15. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I'm sort of excited for the spinoff. CM will always be my baby, but hey if we can have criminal minds-like episodes twice a week, why not?

I just thought of this. I think the writers are setting up for a possible spin-off. During the last episode, at the funeral, when they realized they had a case, someone said "did you call one of the other teams?" (or something of that nature.) I remember being like :wtf: because I wasn't aware there was another team. But apparently there could be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.