Criminal Minds #3: Beware The Office Of Unfettered Omniscience

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

It seemed to me that they're married.

Hmmm. Best/worst guest stars. Worst is easy. Frankie Muniz in "True Night." Just...no. Best? I really liked Anton Yelchin in "Sex, Birth, Death" (He was the kid who was becoming a serial killer.) And of course James Van Der Beek as Tobias Henkel in "Revelations." He was absolutely amazing.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

There was a point Season 3x18 "In Heat" They thought they were hiding it well.

JJ: (to Will) It's not that I didn't want them to know, I don't care about that. It's not about the relocating, it's not about traveling on the weekends, or some guy. It's... I didn't want to tell anyone because the minute I do, it becomes real. And when it becomes real, people get hurt. And I... I've always run from getting hurt, always, and I don't want to run anymore. Not from you, and...
    Will: JJ, just shut up. (He kisses her.)

(watching JJ and Will kiss)
    Morgan: Well, finally.
    Prentiss: mmm... Thought she was never gonna admit it.
    Reid: What's it been, like, a year?
    Morgan: Something like that

And in 3x20 "Lo-Fi" they make the baby announcement and Will mentions..
    Hotchner: Is there a problem?
    JJ: I'm pregnant.
    Prentiss: Oh my god! JJ! Congratulations! (hugs JJ)
    Will: I've asked JJ to marry me.
    JJ: Will!
    Will: We're working out some kinks.

Now the actress AJ is married (in 2008), but from what I can see the character JJ has yet to get married. As far as I know thats as far as it went I know they had the "both are in law enforcement" thing going on and in Lo-Fi I believe it was he gave up his badge and she wanted to go see him, but there was never any mention of them getting married.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  3. Destiny

Reminder:
    Air Date: Wednesday, December 09, 2009
    Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#510) "The Slave of Duty"

AS AGENT HOTCHNER QUESTIONS HIS FUTURE WITH THE BAU, THE REST OF THE TEAM MUST INVESTIGATE A HOME INVASION CASE WITHOUT HIM.

Rena Sofer ("24") Guest Stars as a Victim of a Home Invasion
    "The Slave of Duty" - While Agent Hotchner takes a leave of absence from the BAU, the team must regroup to solve a home invasion case.

Guest Starring:
    Erika Silverman.... Rena Sofer
    Erin Strauss.... Jayne Atkinson
    Det. William LaMontagne Jr.... Josh Stewart
    Kevin Lynch.... Nicholas Brendon
    Haley Hotchner.... Meredith Monroe
    Det. Kaminski.... Khary Payton
    Jessica Brooks.... Molly Baker
    Joe Belser.... Wes Brown
    Agent Anderson.... Brian Appel
    Minister.... Joe Allen Price
    Coroner.... Jonathan Nail
    Jack Hotchner.... Cade Owens
    Grant Franklin.... James Lowe
    Evidence Tech Gina.... Gina Garcia Sharp
    Park Supervisor.... Elisabeth Harmon
    Ann Herron.... Patty Malcolm
    Valet Manager.... Frederick D. Tucker
    Club Manager.... Dr Michael Chaney

Air Date: Wednesday, December 16, 2009
    Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#511) "Retaliation"

WHEN AN EX-CON BOLDLY ESCAPES BAU CUSTODY AND BEGINS A KILLING SPREE, THE TEAM MUST PROFILE HIS CRIMINAL CAREER IN ORDER TO STOP HIM.

"Retaliation" - The BAU must profile a criminal's past in order to catch him after he escapes from custody and begins a killing spree

Guest Starring:
    Dale Shrader .... Lee Tergesen
    Bunting.... A. Martinez
    Joe Muller.... Tim Guinee
    Jenny Shrader.... Jordan Van Vranken
    Connie Shrader.... Angela Pierce
    Dan Otey.... Monroe Makowsky
    Karen Otey.... Leslie Stevens
    Molly Muller.... Reamy Hall
    Son.... Griffin Cleveland
    Betts.... Jan Hoag
    Stacey Ryan.... Sarah Flannery
    Junkie.... Caleb Mayo
    Jason Otey.... Darr Gregor Davis

Thanks to: The Futon Critic

4. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

As far as a sweetheart for Emily, I found that guy in Demonology interesting. Maybe because he seemed like a character with a lot of secrets, and he even made me wonder if he was a baddie and had had something to do with that priest's death in Spain. But I liked the scene where he was tied up and Emily was untying him. :devil:

As far as amusing lines go, I think my favorite one is regarding Reid when a policeman asked Rossi: "Where did you find this kid?" and Rossi replies with: "He was left in a basket on the steps of the FBI building." :guffaw:

Wednesday can't come soon enough! :)

Thanks for the spoilers, Destiny. :)

5. Destiny

You know I think the guy (Cooley) in demonology ep that your talking about I think he was the one (at least this is the impression I got) that got Em pregnante, just from the kind of crypt ending. When he apologised to her for not being there for her when she needed him.

As to the spoilers they weren't much but your welcome. :)

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I too thought Cooley was the one who got Emily pregnant.

7. Destiny

Hello Now Spoilers....

What is going to happen with Hotchner on ‘Criminal Minds‘? – Heddy
    I know, wasn’t Episode 100 almost hard to watch? Fancast even awarded it Best Jaw Dropper of 2009. Me, I wouldn’t blame Hotch for calling it a day now that his job has tragically hit home. But contrary to what I feel – and regardless of what goes down in this week’s episode – series boss Ed Bernero promises the Big Tease that when all is said and done, “Hotchner is going to come back stronger than ever.” Which is nice to hear.

Why hasn’t ‘Criminal Minds’ focused any storylines on JJ? We don’t we know a thing about her past, and I’m sure there’s more to her than just being a mother and a liaison. – Diane
    Ed Bernero says, “It’s funny you should ask” about JJ at this time, Diane. “We’re filming a story now which is more or less driven by JJ and something from her childhood she’s kept hidden until now. It’s a surprising piece of back story.” And that is also nice to hear.

8. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

OK, I'm not too happy that my own comp is STILL not working no matter what I do, so to come on here and read such great spoiler news is AWESOME and brings a smile to my face.

I have to say I have really fallen in love with Hotch. I mean how could anyone not. I woke up today and was grumbling: why oh why can't it just be Wednesday? :lol:

Destiny and DeanCasAngel, I got that same impression about Emily's friend, but I wasn't sure. Maybe they can meet again and make things right. They were so young when Em got pregnant. They could start again. He was an interesting character. I know I've seen the actor somewhere before, but I can't remember where.

It sure is good to know...

that Hotch will be back for sure. I've been thinking that the title "The Slave of Duty" has to do with him not being able to quit because of some important thing to do with the case the team is working on. Maybe something that makes him think of how saving someone who's involved with this next case is similar to saving someone like Haley.

I'm also happy to hear we'll get to find out more about JJ. I"m curious about that, and what we'll find out.

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I didn't really expect Hotch to leave, but I'm glad that they don't seem like they're going to put him in massive guilt-laden trauma for the rest of the series.

Yay, JJ backstory! I'm pretty sure that she's the one with the least amount of backstory. I kind of think that what she told Rossi was fiction to make him feel better, so if I exclude that all I can really think of is that she was a soccer star that got a scholarship and desperately wanted to get out of her small hometown.

Also, what is it with these guys and keeping childhood stories secret? :lol: I think that, with this episode, we'll have every character with a reveal of some Big Secret.

10. GregNickRyanFan

Yay! A backstory for JJ! Awesome! Can't wait for that one!

Since Reaper is dead, I guess Hotch got some closure for that. Though it'll never be the same with Haley gone... but at least he got to strike back at Reaper and won. Now if his son asks someday (if he doesn't understand now what happened to his mommy), he can tell him that he killed the creep who killed Jack's mommy.

I wonder how old Jack is supposed to be. I'd guess around 4?

11. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Yeah, I agree that Cooley was they guy who got Emily pregnant. You notice in the beginning of Demonlology that she really didn't want him to hug her, saying she was wet, They hadn't seen each other in ages, then he apologized for not being there for her in Rome.

In other news:

I'm so excited Wednesday's here at last. Evil thing the network giving us that great 100th ep, then making us wait a week. I always knew that it would be Hotch that would kill The Reaper. I just didn't expect them to kill Haley, too. I'm eager for what's next, because I just have a feeling that the team will never be the same again.

12. Destiny

Well in season 1x7 "The Fox" Haley brought Jack to the BAU...
    JJ: (discussing Hotch's newborn baby) He's so gorgeous.
    Haley: Thank you.
    Reid: If you find baldness and wrinkles attractive.

That episode aired on November 9, 2005. :D

Next Episodes Schedule (Wednesday CBS)

12/09/09 (#510) The Slave of Duty (NEW)
    12/16/09 (#511) Retaliation (NEW)

12/23/09 (#416) Pleasure Is My Business (REPEAT)
    The BAU is called to Dallas to investigate when a serial killer lures and kills high-powered executives by posing as a high-class call girl.

12/30/09 (#421) A Shade of Gray (REPEAT)
    During an investigation of a series of child abductions and murders in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, the BAU concludes the possibility that the last murder may not be the work of the suspect who had been apprehended.

01/13/10 (#512) The Uncanny Valley (NEW)
    01/20/10 (#513) Risky Business (NEW)

I can see the two repeats in between as they come right around the holidays when all the specials are on tv and people are out and about, or with relatives coming to visit.

13. GregNickRyanFan

OMG! They actually kept him at the accurate age. Yay! :lol:

14. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I'm glad they kept him at the accurate age, too. This show is pretty good about continuity.

At least we get two new eps in a row before the reruns. I guess the actors should be allowed to take some time off for the holidays, right? :lol:

I'm going to be "disking" this episode tonight, just like I have been almost all the ones this season. Don't you think it should be called "disking" since I'm using a DVDr? I can't call it taping. :lol:

15. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Yay continuity! I was so used to other shows' definitions of continuity that when I started watching this show I was amazed that continuity actually existed. :lol:

Eh, they film episodes in advanced. They could've played three new episodes. No one does anything Christmas Eve Eve anyway. :p

Well, I suppose it should be called disking. But then I would have to remember to say disking when I want to say taping. Just say "record", it's probably easier. *g*

ETA:
    ~I’m already wincing. This will be painful, won’t it?
    ~Jack Hotchner is adorable.
    ~Early quote. Oh, wait, eulogy. Does that count?
    ~There’s been some questioning towards why the team is so upset by this, but I think any nature like of the woman got exacerbated by 1) she’s dead, 2) they listened to her get shot and 3) she was their boss’s wife.
    ~I repeat: Jack Hotchner is adorable.
    ~Once again Dave is smarter than you, Aaron. We’re starting to get a pattern here.
    ~I’m confused. Is there another team? This is why the spinoff baffles me!
    ~Double the quotage!
    ~*smirk* They’re all still dressed up. The cops will think that we always look this professional. They’ll get confused when they actually watch them interact. I know I’m already confused with Rossi not wearing jeans.
    ~Jayne Atkinson, huh? That means I-thought-she-was-a-bitch-but-now-I’m-not-completely-sure woman is back.
    ~*gasp* The UnSub killed a dog? Oh he so on my hate list.
    ~Aw, they changed. No fair. Way to ruin my amusement. And yes, I am commenting on wardrobe changes. I’m that much of a dork. I was hoping for at least a few more minutes of Rossi-pant-related-amusement.
    ~Of course Emily notices the etiquette. I bet she had to learn that crap when she was a kid.
    ~“Home is where you’re supposed to feel safe. Nobody deserves to have that taken away.” Yeah, this show likes doing that to people. Including team members. Lock your door, Em, because you haven’t had that honor yet.
    ~I swear to God this boy is breaking my heart. How can he do that, as young as he is?
    ~Once again, Strauss is strangely nice and helpful. My sense of reality is being crushed. Knock it off, show.
    ~I’m kind of impressed with this victim. Oh crap. She was so close, too.
    ~Haley’s sister is kind of awesome.
    ~This is why we have a portable GPS system that doesn’t have “home” programmed, and we take our house keys off of our car keys if someone else is driving our car. Either my family is smart or paranoid. Or both.
    ~I always lock the inside garage door. Like, with OCD-like tendencies. My parents think I’m crazy. I wonder if this will lessen that thought. Probably not.
    ~Wow, Emily’s pissed off. I think the etiquette and the brunette and the fact that they got called away from a funeral ticked her off.
    ~Damnit, Hotch, stop making me almost cry.

YES! It’s the episode I really wanted to see! The episode with Emily getting bashed in the head again. I like my characters nice and damaged, even if I seriously hope that Emily goes to the hospital for, like, a CAT scan or something. This is the third time she'll get a head injury, and that's just what we've seen in episodes.

Although I'm still confused. Who's driving?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.