Chronicles of Las Vegas (FanFic Series)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Crumbs, Jun 17, 2011.

1. hypered001

hypered001 Dead on Arrival

Really good Crumbs, incredibly emotional and I'm loving the continued references to older cases from the show; it's giving things, especially the characters, a little extra depth.:cool: However there is one bit that is confusing me:

'A sudden realisation hit her that many of the children listed had been missing six years, which meant she could have to check back to missing babies back from two thousand and four in order to get a hit.'

Now it's clear that no reference to the child's age has been made but I was under the impression (going by the repeated use of the words 'Baby Doe' and Robbins saying she's an infant) that she's supposed to be 3-5 years old. This would mean that she was born no earlier than 2006. My point is that surely Sara should have been able to eliminate any matches on her list that were over 4 1/2 years old and reduce the potential matches; rather than adding more going back to 2004, which would make the child at least 8 years old (certainly not an infant as Robbins called her).:confused:

Just wondering if you could let us know what sort of age she's really supposed to be.:)

2. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

hypered001: Thanks for your review as always. I'll just explain what I meant by that line. Sara had searched for a missing child who was approximately 5-7 years old. Some of them had been missing for six years which would make them 11-13 at that time, so they would be no use. Sara therefore realises she might have to go back and have a look at babies who may have been missing 5-7 years. 2004 was 7 years ago.

The story summary also says that the girl is six and that is confirmed in this chapter. Oh and Baby Doe is a generic term for an unidentified child in the US I believe even if they are in fact not a baby. ;) Hope that's cleared things up.

Anyway, as promised, Part Three is now available today, I'm sorry it's so late but I've been really busy and ended up having to re-write the entire chapter today because Word was being a nuisance. (Eurgh.)

PART THREE

Part four will be up tomorrow evening sometime. Hope you enjoy this installment. Thanks for your patience. :)

3. hypered001

Great stuff Crumbs and thanks for clearing up my confusion; obviously I should have read the summary more carefully!:lol:

4. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Thanks for your comments as always hypered001. :)

Okay I know this is STILL a bit late but I said I'd post part four on Tuesday and for the majority of you it's still Tuesday. :lol: So here's part four.

PART FOUR

Hope you enjoy it!

As an apology for my lateness with this story, I shall be posting the teaser of the next story (in spoilers), just for you guys! :hugegrin: Or if you want to keep it as a surprise, don't look!

1X06 BLOOD EAGLE - Friday, July 22

Summary: The CSIs assist LVPD in rounding up a notorious gang in an intense stake-out at a local nightclub. Whilst doing this, they uncover a body which ends up reopening a cold case, as well as a dark chapter into Greg's heritage.

I have to say I've been very much looking forward to writing this story in particularly. Hopefully it should answer questions asked since the first story. Oh and just a hint, I'd recommend you all to go back and read Crunch Time (1x02), particularly if you haven't already done so! ;)

5. hypered001

Wow very emotional stuff Crumbs.:thumbsup: Looking forward to Friday, finally some answers for Greg's mystery!:)

6. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Another Friday, another new story! Hoorah! Once again hypered001, many thanks for your continued support which has pushed me to keep writing even when it takes a bit of effort to do so! :p

PREVIOUS STORIES

It's not necessary to read the series in order but here's a list of previous stories if you're looking for a starting point.

1X01 A MIDSUMMER NIGHTMARE (17/06/2011)
    1X02 CRUNCH TIME (24/06/2011)
    1X03 RUSH HOUR (01/07/2011)
    1X04 DEEP FREEZE (08/07/2011)
    1X05 TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE (15/07/2011)

1X06 BLOOD EAGLE

Summary: The CSIs assist LVPD in rounding up a notorious gang in an intense stake-out at a local nightclub. Whilst doing this, they uncover a body which ends up reopening a cold case, as well as a dark chapter into Greg's heritage.

Rating: PG-13 / T
    Warnings: Adult Themes (Please Note: Some parts are a little gorey!)

PART ONE

Part two should be up sometime tomorrow. Don't forget to read and review, I'm eager to hear what you all have to say about my stories. :)

Link to my FanFiction.Net Profile

7. hypered001

Poor old Nicky getting a banged up nose and good references to what has gone before. This one's shaping up to be a corker! One niggly detail though: when Nick goes up the stairs, you've said his gun was raised - noone who has been professionally trained to use a firearm would ever raise their gun when in a situation like this; they always point it downwards to the ground to avoid serious injuries caused by accidental discharge, which is why it's doubly important to do so in a high-tense situation. Sorry to be a pest, I just know this from my brother telling me off about it when paintballing and using BB guns (he did train with the local air-corps for a while).:lol:

8. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

hypered001: Thanks for pointing that out, I see it a lot of the time in cop shows and such. They're a bad influence on me. :p

Part two of Blood Eagle is now available to read.

PART TWO

Hope you enjoy it! Part three will be up sometime tomorrow, probably a bit later in the day. Keep the reviews coming! :)

9. hypered001

Gripping stuff as always Crumbs! Nice use of the Pigalle from season 8, but I guess it's under new management now huh?:thumbsup:

10. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Once again hypered001, thanks for your continued support with the series! :)

Part three is now available to read!

PART THREE

The fourth and final part of Blood Eagle will be up sometime tomorrow. Hope you like it! :)

11. hypered001

Gripping stuff as always Crumbs, but a couple of bits don't make sense:

"You know what Sandra," Brass spoke up. "Take yourself outside have a rest. Me and Jimbo will sort the rest of it out."

Is this Brass speaking or Juan? Seems odd unless Brass is imitating Juan.

"That is correct and he led Norway during the inter-war years as a puppet government for Nazi Germany. He ended up being executed once the war ended, so I guess some of your 'pen pals' have some sort of bitterness towards

this line just cuts off midsentence, but I assumed it was leading to someone who was involved with arranging or ordering the execution.

Can't wait for the conclusion!:thumbsup:

12. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

hypered001: Thanks for reviewing as always. I corrected the errors as soon as I saw you pointed them out, I have to say I was exhausted when I re-read it so I'm not surprised there were some errors. Nevertheless, I'll clear them up for you, I've underlined the corrections.

Hope that makes things understandable, thanks for spotting the mistakes. :)

Anyway, now to post the fourth and final part of Blood Eagle. Don't expect to be too happy with me once you've finished reading. ;)

PART FOUR

Hope you enjoy it and as always, your feedback is more than welcome.

Here's the teaser for the next story, but don't read them until you've finished reading this story. :p

1X07 SIRENS (2) - Friday, August 12

Summary: As the Blood Eagle cases reach a climax, Greg finally discovers who has been threatening him, but in doing so, he is faced with a new ordeal as the wrath of a seventy year old vendetta is unleashed upon him.

Oh, it's been a long wait but I'm hoping that it's all worth it. ;)

13. hypered001

Damn you cliffhangers! Just kidding.;) But honestly, making us wait two weeks on a cliffhanger is genius and it's a move employed by the professionals that make the CSI series and many others (probably the worst kept secret in Hollywood for keeping your viewers hooked to the series).:thumbsup: Enjoy your holiday and we'll eagerly anticipate your return in sixteen to keep us gripped for another long weekend.:cool:

14. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Sorry about the slight delay with putting this story up!

Another Friday (now Saturday for some), another new story! Hoorah! Once again hypered001, many thanks for your continued support, I hope that the wait will be worth it! :p

PREVIOUS STORIES

It's not necessary to read the series in order but here's a list of previous stories if you're looking for a starting point.

1X01 A MIDSUMMER NIGHTMARE (17/06/2011)
    1X02 CRUNCH TIME (24/06/2011)
    1X03 RUSH HOUR (01/07/2011)
    1X04 DEEP FREEZE (08/07/2011)
    1X05 TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE (15/07/2011)
    1X06 BLOOD EAGLE (1) (22/07/2011)

1X07 SIRENS (2)

Summary: As the Blood Eagle cases reach a climax, Greg finally discovers who has been threatening him, but in doing so, he is faced with a new ordeal as the wrath of a seventy year old vendetta is unleashed upon him.

Make sure you read Blood Eagle (1x06) before reading this story!
    Rating: PG-13 / T
    Warnings: Adult Themes

PART ONE

Part two should be up sometime tomorrow evening. Don't forget to read and review, I'm eager to hear what you all have to say about my stories. :)

Link to my FanFiction.Net Profile

15. hypered001

Welcome back Crumbs. As ever I'm liking the nods to previous cases and the beginning is certainly intriguing (a bit like certain parts of London at the moment, though obviously it's unintentional and in context to the story). I look forward to the next chapter!:cool: