Cath/Sofia Slash - Crimson Gold

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by forensicsgirl, Nov 8, 2005.

1. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

I've been toying with starting this ship thread for a while now... Ever since reading Cincoflex's "Macha", which is just, well... supremely hot... Then the brief but weighted scene they had together in S&F added fuel to the fire of my imagination. Finally, reading umbrello's fic, "Hole in the World", clinched the deal, so here I am...

[​IMG]

I think there's a backstory between these two ladies to account for the occasional hositility we see between them - I smell angst, repressed sexual tension and plenty of heat... :devil:

What do the rest of you femmeslash shippers think?

PS: The thread title (and ship name, for that matter) was Umbrello's suggestion over on the Shipper Names? thread - based on their hair-color, and i think it fits them nicely...

2. Aggie

Aggie CSI Level Two

Woohoo!!! I just finished reading umbrello's fic, too and then the first thing I see back on the board is this thread! :D

Brilliant idea, forensicsgirl! <Aggie settles in comfortably by the window>

So now I'm off again to finally read "Macha"! :devil:

3. beautifulview

beautifulview Pathologist

i think i like it too! they do seem to have some kind of spark... but i didnt read the fic. link anyone?

:brings the wine: i'm offering!

count me a shipper

4. lament

lament Captain

*swoops in*

Boy, Sofia's getting more action than me! :lol:

I'll have to think about this pairing, but I'm open to the idea of having more femmeslash pairings. Woo! They would make a striking couple.

5. Aggie

Aggie CSI Level Two

Wow, I finally read "Macha"! It was, woo, steamy! :devil:

And now I see Cath/Sofia happening even more. It would be quite interesting if they did, indeed have a past together.

And now I'm gonna have to write another fic... :D

6. beautifulview

beautifulview Pathologist

much awaited aggie! and thanks for the links forenscisgirl.

do we have a name for the two lovley women yet?

7. AngelEyez

AngelEyez Coroner

Oooh interesting idea. I didn't like Sofia in s5 at all but since s6 started Im actually okay with her. I even liked her in Gum Drops and in Secrets and Flies.

Hmmm and a fic? I'd love to read it if someone could PM me the link. :

8. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

I'll do that for you now, AngelEyez ;)

You're very welcome, beautifulview and to answer your question...

Well, umbrello suggested Crimson Gold over in the names thread - since Cath has redhair and Sofia has blonde. I like it, but we should probably have a general consensus of agreement (general consensus... :confused: yep, you can tell I just came home from a meeting in the community sector - sheesh... *rolls eyes at self* )

So, all in favor say aye, and if you like something else for the ladies, please do tell us ;)

9. AngelEyez

AngelEyez Coroner

Holy hell, thanks for the links. Loved them both actually. And Macha was just OMFG hot... take it from someone who rarely reads slash!

10. umbrello

umbrello Rookie

:D Thanks for the kind words! and thank you to any one who has read my story.

I was starting to think I was the only one who saw potential between these two. There's just so much tension between these two that there has to be some kind of back story. Now that I know there are others I will definitely write more for this ship. :D

11. saras_girlfriend

saras_girlfriend Coroner

I can't believe I haven't found this thread before!

*goes off to read the fanfics mentioned*

Cath and Sofia, GOOOD idea!

*brings in the snacks*

12. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

After A Bullet Runs Through It, I thought Id check this ship out. :) *off to read the ahoy hot fics* :D

13. saras_girlfriend

saras_girlfriend Coroner

yeah! Cath seemed to have a lot of compassion for Sofia! CUTE!

14. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

So how do we think it would have gone if Sofia had went to Catherine instead of Grissom in ABRTI2? Since Catherine was working the beginning of the shoot-out angle more than the officer-involved shooting, it might have been safer and less of a conflict of interests if Sofia had used Cath as a shoulder - and given that you guys noticed a lot of compasion from Catherine towards Sofia in the first part of ABRTI, do you think Cath would have been supportive and comforted Sofia in her hour of need?

And what about the aftermath? Sofia's been cleared, but it was her first big gun battle as a cop. She might still have times when she gets upset and has flashbacks. Catherine has always been a very supportive, comforting character on the show when it counts. Do we see her comforting Sofia now? And do we see Sofia accepting that comfort?

15. umbrello

umbrello Rookie

I think that Sofia would have receiced a lot more sympathy from Catherine (a hug perhaps ;)). After all Catherine also has shot and killed someone in the line of duty. She would have a better understanding of the anxiety Sofia would be going through.

conflict of interest- I could definitely see Catherine as someone willing to to go against protocol to help someone in need.

aftermath- I could see Catherine keeping an eye on Sofia for a while to make sure she really is okay and to make sure she isn't getting any grief from the other cops. Even though Sofia is innocent I wouldn't be surprised if there were a cop or two who would give her lip. I could see Catherine getting in his face and telling him off.

I think Sofia might be a little surprised at first, considering Catherine's earlier chiller reception. But after awhile I think they have the potential for a close friendship. Maybe more? ;) :devil:

Somebody needs to do a fanfic for this. :p