Best/Worst Airports

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Desertwind, Nov 21, 2006.

1. drkate

drkate Corpse

i havent been to too many airports in my time, but from the ones that i've been to...

my favorite: Singapore International because it's sooooo big! and they have a fish pond in the middle with a pretty orchid garden!

my least favorite: probably London Heathrow, it's just too big!

i also like Aukland International, it was nice...

2. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

LAX in LA, quicky and easy.

3. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Favorite: Baltimore/Washington BWI (hometown airport so I know it well.)

I'm starting to like Newark, NJ. But hate the bottle neck with the security. I had a layover in Altanta, Ga that wasn't too bad. The frankfort airport seemed clean but wasn't laidover for a long time. Never been to Heathrow but have been to the other one Victoria (think it was) it was ok.

Worst: Don't like Dallas, TX or Las Vegas. Takes to long to get to where you want to go.

4. Kiwi_kid

Kiwi_kid Hit and Run

we flew to JFK the other day and the actual terminal wasn't that bad but seriously the people at immigration are such asses! They were so rude (clearly not what you want when your flight has been delayed for nearly 3 hours and you have been standing in a line at immigration for 40 mins)Really does not give one a good first impression of the US, but then again I found the immigration folk rude at LAX and Newark as well - maybe it is a job criteria...

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I've been to Midway which wasn't that bad. Inside at least. I hear the runways need improvement...just too bad someone had to die before they did anything about it. And KC, it's pretty good. OHare is supposed to be REALLY busy.

I still much prefer me a little one like the one I flew out of at Lawerenceville, IL...I miss the days of learning to fly :( Want my license sometime during my life.

6. BurnedToast

BurnedToast Coroner

I have...bad airports to bistow upon you today. xD

The Panama City, Florida airport. It will die. I kid you not. There is freakishly little foot-trafic, and the place is about 361 tiles across in it's widest space...yes, I've counted before. And, they have really small planes, and they only light up half of the airport. Ew.

Also, I've heard that the Salt Lake City airport is horribly, just because of it's vastness.

Personal favorite at the moment? LAX. It's my baby.
    It's pretty big, and really quick and pretty easy. I flew out of there the other day to come home for the hollidays, and it was nice...yayness!

7. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

i like o'hare.

it's my favorite.

JFK is a hassle.

8. Muzzy_Olorea

Muzzy_Olorea Lab Technician

Heathrow Aiport is the busiest airport in Europe and the third busiest in the world so I have to say that there is no surprise it rates pretty poorly. At the same time I can't believe they're building a Terminal 5 - there's no space!!!
    Personally I don't find it too bad. Very long queues at security at both Heathrow and Gatwick now though.

I was sorely disappointed with LAX but I think that was because we flew out from the smallest, oldest, worst terminal of the lot but still it was BAD. And they checked our boarding pass 3 times in a space of 5 minutes but our passports not at all - what is up with that?!
    And I have a personal grudge against the staff that work at Paris CDG. I think 'hate' just about covers my feelings towards them.

Favourite airport has to be Hong Kong International Airport. It's amazingly efficient with cool little trains, enough shops, it's always clean with good seating and great transport facilities.
    Edinburgh Airport is tiny but since I've practically lived there the past month it's like home. Very cosy.

9. bobo

bobo Lab Technician

My fav: Honolulu for the flowers welcome , cute !
    Las Vegas (not too big ,fast and you can play with slot machines) :eek: LAX (great staff except the customs officers) :mad: and San Franscisco .

I've nothing against Heathrow even if it's a big, big one (but living in Paris , I prefer to travel with Eurostar now , faster). JFK, well, depends if the custom officer is in a good mood or not !

Tunis, Dulles and Athens are the worst I know ! delays, no correct informations ... a nightmare !

10. Muzzy_Olorea

Muzzy_Olorea Lab Technician

I think those stuck at Heathrow and other London airports because of the fog are probably saying that they're the worst airports at the moment .............

11. Fool4love

Fool4love Police Officer

It's not just London. Airports all across England are having to cancel flights because of the fog. I think being stuck at any airport sucks. I was stuck at Malta international airport once because the minibus that was taking us to the hotel was late. As it is such a small airport nothing was open, and we had to sit on horrible plastic chairs for ages. Thats the worse thing about airports. The plastic chairs.

12. Kiwi_kid

Kiwi_kid Hit and Run

I think that when they are ordering chairs they try to get the least comfortable ones they can find, plus they always put arm-rests on them so you can't ever streatch our across a few seats.

13. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Yeah, unfortunately Heathrow has been worst hit. We've had a lot of people calling up at working about their travel insurance (unfortunately travel insure doesn't cover this type of thing). A lot of people are really stressed, but what can you do. I would prefer not to travel than the alternative. :eek: