Worst Movies Ever

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by lilbug, May 22, 2005.

1. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

Yeah that could be possible. I haven't seen the movies in english but in german Neve Campbell had a terrible voice. It's gotten on my nerves 'cause it's so whiny.:scream:

2. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

That's why I never watch movies with dubbing (where everyone speaks french/german/spanish whatever instead of the original language, usually english). I always watch the movies as they are. Sometimes with swedish subtitles, but the movies are still in english.

I am lucky, I suppose. As they usually just dub movies aimed for children here in Sweden

3. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

You can be really lucky. In germany they dud every movie (I think so 'cause I don't know a exception). Sometimes cinemas show the original version but often you have to wait for the dvd. And if a german actor plays in a US movie or so then they dud this actor too but they rarely use the own voice. :rolleyes: It happened with Franka Potente in Creep... It was a little weird. :lol: Oh and by the way Creep is also one of the worst movies ever. :shifty:

4. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Oh, now when you mention that. I know some swedish movies where a german actor have had a important role (no main character, although they are in the movie and is necessary for several reasons). Do you think they are alllowed to use their own voices? No, they just use the actor and let a swede make the voice and speak. Hilarious :guffaw:

I cannot say I like these movies at all, just because of that stupid little detail.

I actually own Creep on DVD, and I don't think it's one of the worst movies ever. It's pretty alright wgen you have nothing else to watch, but it's because it's sooo unreal and not trustworthy at all. It makes Creep to a bad movie.

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I've never seen any of the Scary Movies (or any of the other Movie movies) because they just looked unfunny.

I guess I'm lucky that I'm in America, from a movie standpoint... the only dubs I need to worry about is if I decide to watch Digimon. :lol:

I'm torn on this topic a bit, because on one hand Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed was the worst movie ever, and yet I don't mind watching (most of) it.

6. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

The Wraith and No Retreat, No Surrender (aka Karate Tiger)are actually bad movies but I love them very much. I can watch them over and over. It's almost a kind of cult. :lol:

7. chazzawazza

chazzawazza Witness

Well, I am a huge comedy fan and I consider myself to have a pretty good sense of humour, and I hate the "Scary Movie" series. The words trying too hard spring to mind...quite glad i've found others who feel the same actually I was beginning to think I was the only one. Basically the whole of my generation seem to think they are comedy gold!

As for Scream 4, I had no idea about it. Why do they never know when to let movie series rest?? Is there any need for all the Halloween, Jason, Freddie movies when they're pretty much the same film each time anyways?

8. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I am glad that I am not the only one who dislikes these movies that. I thought I was. I like comedy, no matter if it's sitcoms or something else. But the scary movies (and other Movie-movies) are not even funny. I can not even try to understand the amusing part.

The worst thing with all Halloween/Jason & Freddie/Horror movies isn't the fact that there's so many of them out there. Rather the fact there will be new remakes. Forever and for always. I hate it. Okay, some remakes are better than the original movie. But I can count them on one hand (as the amount is smaller than fingers on my left hand). It's even worse than all sequels.

9. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Dead Snow

WTF. Nazi zombies? Two dudes hanging on a zombies bowel? That's a little too much for me. It reminded me of Happy Tree Friends 100%. I watched the whole movie laughing, because those effect and the whole storyline was messed up. How on earth could a zombie crack a human's head apart by the hands? I could totally tell that's a plastic head. Do not watch the movie if you don't like really cheap horror :D

10. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I have always wanted to see Dead Snow. I watched some other norwegian horror movies last week. And I have heard that Dead Snow is more like a combination of comedy and horror, so it may be fun to watch it someday.

But now, I am not sure anymore.

11. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

300: as I wrote in the other film thread a few days ago it's boring very boring. and these Visual effects... amazing... even the six-packs of the Spartans were made by computer simulation. :rolleyes:

12. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Actually, that's not really true. Gerard and co. trained with this sort of intense trainer with unorthodox methods. Like, they have to flip tractor tire wheels and crazy stuff like that. Plus, Gerard mentioned that after training with this for a few hours guy daily, he had his own trainer as well. He really was insanely buff for that film, as were the others.

I would defend 300 as being a big screen movie. I was wowed when I saw it in the theatre, and when it came out on DVD I was totally psyched. Then I watched it on the small screen and could hardly believe it was the same movie. It was totally... meh. It's a shame you didn't see it for the first time at the theatre. You may have thought differently.

13. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

I do believe that Gerard and the others trained a lot for that movie but still it looked very strange and artificial to me.
    You probably right I would like the movie more if I had seen it in a theatre but I must confess that I don't go that often in a theatre. I'm quite a bit too lazy.

14. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Well, they did enhance the images, no doubt. But I assure you, the muscle was actually real. I was a bit obsessed with Gerard Butler afterward, so I read a lot of stuff on the film. They relly were insanely buff for the film. Many months of training in Montreal, have no fear. ;)

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Actually I was more distracted by the evil people with nippers or other disgusting body parts rather than the the Visual effects which, IMHO, were pretty cool. Anyway, I agree with you. It was very boring.

One of the most disappointing movies ever, to me, was "The Exorcist". I thought it was gonna freak me out since it was supposed to be the Horror movie, but I found myself laughing too many times especially when that girl went down the stairs on the contrary....that was freaking hilarious :guffaw:. I wish I'd be able to do that exercise without breaking my own neck :lol:

Another bad movie was the last one I watched....2012...the plot was insane as well as the Visual effects :wtf: