What no CSI Cyber?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Coco Pops 1967, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Coco Pops 1967

Coco Pops 1967 Victim

No CSI Cyber forum or did the show tank?

They are really pushing this show over here as the next big thing in Australia. What's it like?

2. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

CSI Cyber will start up again Oct. 4.

3. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

The thread for CSI: Cyber is here. :)

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

CSI: Cyber didn't get the most impressive ratings, to be fair, but it did get picked up for a second season. As Criminalist said, season 2 will premiere on October 4. (CSI Files news link.)

Because the board isn't as active as it used to be, keeping threads for CSI: Cyber in the GenCSI forum instead of creating a new forum has worked out fine so far. If interest goes up on the board, that could change. But for now, if there's anything you want to talk about with the show, you can post in the thread mulder42 linked, or start a new character/topic thread in this forum if you'd like. :)

As for what the show is like--I enjoy it, but I know it's gotten mixed reviews from fans and professionals alike. I think it's fun, and I don't take it too seriously. That's probably the key to enjoying it. :lol: It can be a bit silly, but there's also a grain of truth behind each of the over-the-top storylines.

5. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

People should take cybercrime seriously because companies are getting hacked everyday. It's very REAL. :(

6. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I think people are taking cyber crimes seriously. They just aren't taking "CSI: Cyber" seriously. It's kinda hard when their "geeks" find the trojan because bad code is red and good code is green. If it was that easy we (the general population) wouldn't be spending millions of dollars a year getting viruses removed from our computers.

Cyber crimes and companies being hacked may be very real but this show seems more fictional wanting to be real.

7. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

This could be said of all the spinoffs in their later runs. But they at least had somewhat realistic beginnings. CSIC started strange and just hasn't recovered.

8. whennow

whennow Dead on Arrival

Because there's no csi cyber forum I actually thought it meant this Csi board is closing down or a zombie board. By now i see its a comment on its quality which doesn't help traffic.

9. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

There IS a CSI: Cyber forum. Click the link in my post from June 10th. :)

10. whennow

whennow Dead on Arrival

It's demeaning!!!