This "Spoiler Lab" Is *CLOSED For Good*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Re: Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

I'd like to see it be Nick. There was talks of him stepping up in a leadership kind of role (I thought last season, but maybe it's this season), so personally, I'd like it to be then if its going to happen at all.

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

We don't know the status of Warrick? I'm pretty sure several sources have made it clear that he's dead (or going to die), right?

I know it's going to affect them, and I really want to see how it pans out, but I hope they don't take the storyline through the whole season. I really was not a fan of the MSK, especially the way it ended after such a build up all year.

3. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

It would be an interesting new dynamic. Different than Keppler. I don't think Nick would be put in charge. I see him ultimately taking Grissom's mantle but I think too soon, with Cath still there and Warrick so recent it would be a bad managment decision. Good drama though! Ecklie or course is not known for his good people managment.

I was wondering is it actually certain the Grissom will have to miss some episodes? Those of you who know how this works. With the strike they have for the first time filmed/are filming several new season eps before summer break. With the Xmas usual long gap will this work out with the 6 weeks of the play?

Does anyone know for sure? Has it been said?

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Petersen asked to leave for a few episodes when he did his play when he renewed his contract. So I think it's a for sure yes. I also will be curious to know if they will still be filming episodes when Billy does his other show in the spring.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Alas, he's going to be gone from Nov. 13 through Dec. 21st, [courtesy of WPAP] doing his play in Chicago, a long time, 6 week's:( it'll be interesting to see who's in charge, but that's a long time off still!

6. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I think Cath would be put in charge, as long as Marg stays on the show. From the very beginning she's been Grissom's second. But I can see Nick taking on more responsibility, and ultimately, when/if Grissom leaves and Catherine stays, being her second, and taking more responsibilty.

7. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

What if Grissom give it to Nick instead of Catherine? I said, if. I think Nick can take of thing if he can. I don't think Catherine is a good supervisor, no offense to Catherine's fans. Everybody got a opinion of their own who they think is a good supervisor or not.

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I agree with this scenario since Marg is staying. Nick will probably be like Catherine is now, kind of the #2 person. I can't see them bringing in a new head as long as MH and GE are both there. When WP leaves on his hiatus, that may be when they bring in the new guy, Ray or someone like him.

It's not necessarily about who can do a better job as supervisor. MH is still the co-star with WP. I can't see them demoting her. Especially since she signed for 2 more years. They could possibly promote GE to co-star if WP leaves, but I assume that's at least a year away.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Maybe Catherine will be put in charge and Nick will be her right hand or her left or whichever hand he chooses.:devil::lol:

10. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Did Marg said something in the interview that Catherine will be own her dad's casnio? I don't care if Catherine take over Grissom's place if she does a good job with it and trust her teams like she should done in the first place (Redurm.)

11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I could see a wedding thing, they could say he's absent because he's...they're...on the honeymoon. As long as they don't thow it in our face *too* awfully much because though I do ship GSR, I still like it kept in the background mostly.

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Well, MacsGirlMel that is the most logical explanation, He's leaving to do a play, and she's only coming back for 5/6 episodes, and the accumulation, of the long standing relationship, do the math:rolleyes: and please no derogatory remarks for an opinion! this is probably what is going to happen!

13. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I wouldn't necessarily count on that desertwind. Not saying it won't, but This quote from the Jorja Fox news item makes me think it's pretty over:

Now, I know it refers to them in the present tense, but the use of the term "Split from Grissom" doesn't sound like it bodes well. I also read a quote from Jorja that "The story of Sara and Grissom is a little like afable. And most great fables don't really have 100 percent resolution."

However, with this and many other things, we'll see in September or October when the new season begins. They may get back together, they may not. We'll see.

14. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

I agree with what most people are saying here. I think as long as MH is on the show Cath will be supervisor. I actually think she was a terrible boss! (I had better say 'in my personal option' - as if that were not self evident - as lots of you seem vexed by debate that they have to keep saying they are welcome to their options to not challenge them. I am a scientist and I am from Yorkshire and like people to say what they think and they often change my mind - that is the fun of debate).

Anyway, I did not realise WP was also going to be off in the Spring - holly molly. I do hope this is not the end. I don't believe that Marg can carry the show without him. Even with the support of the strong cast. Someone else would need to draw people in like Grissom.

I see what people mean by Joja's statement of "split from Grissom" - I find that hard to understand why Sara would end it. she may need time to sort herself out but there has been no indication that Sara was emotionally discontent with Grissom was there?

Committed relationships can face separation for one partner's good, usually career I guess or but can be health or caring for another family relative - but not forever as people find a way back.

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Catherine was certainly a challenging boss. I think she found it very hard and lonely at times, and it reflected in her style which seemed harsh at times, but I don't think that it was because she was a bad boss.

She also got thrown into situations that Grissom never experienced, she had one of her guys kidnapped then she was pushed into this situation where she had to betray the team. She didn't want to do it, but was pressured.

Add to that the pressure of single motherhood (which I can relate to) and you got a tough situation.

I get the feeling she'd rather just not be in charge and just do her job.

In a lot of ways, she's like Grissom-hates the politics, however, she can handle it better because she's a better communicator then he is.

Grissom is not the best boss either. He plays favourites and he treated Nick like a complete moron for three seasons which is why he dropped on my list and Nick became my favourite because I felt bad for the guy. Even now they don't have a great relationship because Grissom doesn't know how to deal with a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. But Grissom is good at dismissing the crap where Catherine takes it personally. He was good at getting his team members to learn to think for themselves and he might have been tougher on Nick because he didn't want to be put in the 'father' position so he kind of got hard on the guy for that reason, but at times it was downright harsh and became the subject of many a joke on other websites i.e. rage diaries.

Now Nick would be a great boss, but he's got his own issues (as much as I love the guy). He's impulsive (Kristi Hopkins-the happy hooker and walking into dark alleys without supervision and getting kidnapped) has a hero complex(again Kristi Hopkins), he gets distracted by the opposite sex far too much (waitress and blonde-both of whom caused his friends distress-no I'm not saying those were his fault) and he's emotional-now that's a not bad thing but it gets the best of him at times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.