The Simpsons

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by csifreakaholic, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Re: Anyone like THE SIMPSONS???

What do you think about "The Simpsons Movie" on July 27th?
    I guess it's gonna be just a long episode but as I like "The Simpsons" it's gonna be funny.

The Simpsons movie trailer.

2. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Thanks for the link, Hormiga. Personally, I think it will be awesome.
    If I think back to "Beavis and Butthead Do America", I gotta admit that rocks, comparing it to the basic series.
    Well, the trailer is not the best they could choose, that may be the reason you don't expect too much about the movie.

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Springfields Vie for 'Simpsons' Premiere
    Mar 9, 8:17 AM (ET)

[​IMG]

SPRINGFIELD, Ore. (AP) - Springfield, the Oregon one, is on a list of like-named towns competing for the big-screen debut of Homer, Bart and the rest of the TV Simpson family this summer.

City officials accepted an invitation from 20th Century Fox to compete for the honor of hosting the premiere screening of "The Simpsons Movie" in July.

Fox publicist Gwyne Ortiz said Fox has asked 16 Springfields from Oregon to Massachusetts to participate.

Fox will pick the winner after reviewing short film entries showcasing the community's positive aspects and links to the Simpsons, who live in their own fictional Springfield.

The prime-time animated series created by Oregon-born Matt Groening is now in its 18th season.

"There's plenty of serious issues to talk about, but this is something that we might as well try to have a little fun with," Springfield Mayor Sid Leiken told the Register-Guard newspaper.

Newsweek once called the Simpsons' Springfield "America's Crud Bucket," hardly an honor worth fighting over.

The cartoon Springfield has a nuclear power plant and several prisons, amenities Oregon's Springfield lacks.

Groening has said he chose "Springfield" because it's one of the more common city names in the United States.

4. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I can't wait for The Simpsons Movie
    I hope it does premiere in Springfield, ORE because that is not that far from ME! ;) I'd drive to see it there

and The Simpmsons are Great! It's amazing that they can keep coming up with ideas after so many years and keep it funny.

Aren't they like one of the longest running shows on Televison now?

5. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

The trailer for the movie is awesome. MAN, it looks good.

HOMER (to the dogs): *whip* Run *whip* run...*whip* jump *whip* jump...*whip* rest *whip* rest.

lmao :lol:

For those of you who haven't seen the new trailer, it's over here on Youtube. I think it's the best one so far.

I am mucho excited. I'm probably going to see it opening day, haha.

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I loved that trailer Reeble that movie looks like alot of fun

My favorite characters are Patty and Selma
    they crack me up :lol:

7. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Yeah, that movie does look like a barrel of fun!

Hea guys

'Eat My Shorts!'

8. midnight17

midnight17 Witness

thanks for the trailers-i love them all. the simpsons are brilliant and i cant wait to see the movie.

BTW im new here for anyone wondering if i have spoken to you before- so hi!

9. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Moe: "The Simspons Movie ... in 2D, eeeuh guys the bunny's not breathing!"

:D

10. FLACK_ATTACK

FLACK_ATTACK Prime Suspect

For as long as I can remember I have been watching the simpsons. I am not a fanatic or anything. I enjoy an couple episodes now and then. The animation is great and some of the jokes are funny too.

11. Dynamo1

From TV Guide online:

Simpsons Film Gives 7-Elevens a Kwik-E Makeover
    The deal isn't officially done yet, but as part of The Simpsons Movie's promotional campaign, 7-Eleven will refit some of its convenience stores nationwide to look like Kwik-E-Marts, the stop of choice for Homer Simpson. According to the Richmond Times-Dispatch, customers at the made-over markets will be able to buy such Simpsons staples as Krusty-O's cereal, Buzz cola and iced Squishee drinks (actually, Slurpees). The Simpsons Movie hits theaters July 27.

12. Dynamo1

At The Simpsons Movie website, they now have an online way for you to create your own Simpsons character. You choose male or female, select type of hair, nose, clothes, eyebrows, etc. Then you can save it. They also have games and a tour of Springfield at the site.

Meanwhile, a dozen 7-Eleven convenience stores were made to look like Kwik-E-Marts. Pictures here.

13. mugs

mugs Witness

i am sooooooooooooo looking forward to the film it is going to be amazing

14. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I just heard that they are actually making dubbed version here and show both, original and dubbed version in cinemas :rolleyes:

I don't think it's meant for those who cannot read yet. Despite the fact that Shrek movies were dubbed and there's lots of jokes that kids don't realise still... So why not Simpsons? Or that South Park movie was here K11 and it had more swearing than this... but then again, South Park is not cartoon for kids!

Simpsons have been on TV for 18 years, they have their own voices. Anyone who has ever followed the show, cannot have any other voices. Makes me mad. Oh well - I hope our local cinema takes the original version and not dubbed :rolleyes:

I saw the trailer when I went to see Die Hard 4.0

15. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I've never ever heard their 'own' voice. I saw a short teaser in the cinema when I went to see Harry Potter 5, it was truly HILARIOUS :lol: I don't know what the real word sounds like, but it's like this if translated from Hungarian to English: spiderpig :lol: (I keep calling my bf a spiderpig :D)