The Last Movie You Saw - Thread 4

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by SunsetBoulevard, May 4, 2010.

1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

The Avengers: OUTSTANDING!!!

Seeing it again tomorrow. :lol:

2. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

"Avengers"! it's gotta be my favorite superhero movie so far! i really want to see it again! XD

3. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Reindeer Games with Gary Sinise (it was weird seeing him with long hair and playing the bad guy :lol:), Ben Affleck, and Danny Trejo. And Ashton Kutcher had a small role. Lots of cool twists. I ended up hating the female lead about halfway through, though. She was a bitch! Great cast and great movie! :)

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The Avengers - Saw this opening day in 3D. It was well worth the extra dollar for the 3D. Awesome movie! This was the first time I've been to the movie theater in a long time. I can't even remember the last time. Possibly "Star Trek" in 09? I can't remember if I saw anything at the theater since ST until now or not. Anyway, Avengers had a lot of action and several funny moments.
    Bruce was saying something about Loki being nuts or something and Thor said no matter what Loki is still his brother and be careful how he speaks about him. One of the other guys says "He's killed 80 people in two hours" and Thor says, "He's adopted". :lol:
    There's another moment closer to the end of the movie that had me laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. Just a very good movie. If I could afford to, I'd go see it again and again and again. Loved it!

I Know Who Killed Me - Saw this on lifetime Sunday afternoon. What the heck is up with this movie? I was so confused. And that ending?
    Was she imagining everything or did she really have a twin? It just ended after she "found" her "twin". It didn't tell you whether it was her imagination or not. That bugs me.

5. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Yet another person who just saw The Avengers. I hadn't even seen any of the other movies (unless about half of Iron Man while I was paying about 50% attention counts) but I still found it amazing. Freaking superheroes, tons of action, and no romance is just what I like in a movie. Also loved that Tony Stark wore a Black Sabbath t-shirt for most of the movie, since Black Sabbath does the song Iron Man. xD

And Loki! Ah for a bad guy, I freaking loved him. So awesome.

Outside the theatre, I watched Thor tonight. I want to see all of the other movies now and figured I'd start with Thor since Loki was the villain in The Avengers as well. Really, really good. I'll probably end up buying it.

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Just saw Dark Shadows and thought it was a thoroughly entertaining 2 hours.
    Tim Burton is an acquired taste, but Johnny Depp is perfect in this and I enjoyed the storytelling as well. Purists will no doubt have issues with this version, but I loved it. It was a small time-capsule into the 70's, and the music selections were awesome.
    My son went with me (Happy Mother's Day!), and even he enjoyed it.
    I'm not saying it's for everyone, but it's campy fun with some ghoulish drama; and it's got Johnny Depp!

7. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

Dark Shadows- fabulous. i really liked it. Eva Green was the best. you can never go wrong with Helena Bonham Carter in a movie she is always wonderful even if her scenes were not that many. Johnny Depp is Johnny Depp he was great.

The Avengers- awesome non-stop action and a great story. The Hulk pretty much stole the whole movie. Tom Hiddleston as Loki was incredible.

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist- very hipsterish and not that great. i just like Kat Dennings and how music connects people.

mixed in with the newest ones i watched Charlie Chaplin's The Gold Rush and My Forbidden past with Ava Gardner and Robert Mitchum. The Gold Rush was adorable i love Charlie Chaplin. My Forbidden Past was alright, Ava Gardner was gorgeous and this was one of her best acted films.

8. Hardline Pro

The Wicker Man. I'm not too sure what I think about it. It was pretty weird. Nick Cage is kind of a goof, but I knew everyone in the cast (I recognized Leelee Sobieski, Molly Parker, and Frances Conroy right away). Also, I love how James Franco just randomly appears at the end, lol. :lol:

I've read up on the film and they say that the original is much better, along with the sequel. And they're making a 3rd movie which will be the last in this series.

9. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

"For Greater Glory"- I thought it was great! An interesting interpretation of a piece of Mexican history. You really cared about the characters during the film, at least I did.

10. Hardline Pro

Life is Happiness. I'm not a fan of foreign films but this one was really good. But I also thought it was extremely sad.

11. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

I watched "Dazed and Confused" for the nth time last night. I found it cleaning out the garage. I still can't believe Matthew McConaughey didn't get billing for his role.

And of course Rory Cochrane.

12. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Saw 'Seeking a Friend for the End of the World' this weekend. I liked it. Although it has some humor in it, it certainly isn't a rom-com, but it does center around the relationship between the two leads, Steve Carell and Keira Knightley.
    And, it has some great character actors, not the least of which is our very own William Petersen. He has a small, but important role, as does the ever awesome Martin Sheen. And it has 'Jerry' from Parks and Rec!
    If you don't question the whole premise of the show, I think you will like it, if you like Keira Knightley and Steve Carell.

13. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

Rock of Ages- Pretty good movie. The story was weak but the music performances were great.

14. Tom554

Tom554 Civilian

last time i watch Ghost Rider movie. It is very intersting movie. i like it.

15. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

The Dark Knight Rises

Great movie! I'm sad that this is the last Batman film Nolan is doing, but it was a great conclusion to the trilogy. I had my doubts about Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, but she was so cool.

I recommend it.