The injury thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by csimonkey, Apr 17, 2007.

1. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

LOL Raging4Ryan...too true. Nope, nothing as fun as hockey...just dealing with a lot of sick and twisted individuals.

Jacquie that sounds like a plan with Nick as MY bodyguard! Guess I'[ll have to fight the Ward Girls for him.

Ok...another one to add to the list: Two dislocated fingers as of last night which occured while trying to subdue a crack head and get him in cuffs.

2. bird_of_flame

bird_of_flame Police Officer

Let’s see, well, my earliest injury that I can remember was having a bookcase fall on me when I was four; I was climbing the shelves to get a book that was sitting on top one. All I needed was a band-aid on my nose. :rolleyes:

Next, I fractured my arm when I was in grade five and my friend and I were riding our bikes. We collided into each other on our sides, and I fell on my arm wrong. I wore a cast for about four weeks, and it was during the summer too, so I couldn’t go swimming. :(

My latest injury was last October on the Friday the 13th (I’m not superstitious, but the date was just really ironic). I was home sick and as I was walking up the stairs to put away my bowl (which had been full of soup), when I slipped on the edge of the step, fell forward and somehow hit the top of my left foot on the lip of the stairs hard enough to break it. Luckily, I managed to save the bowl before it fell to the ground! :D But I was on crutches for three weeks because the break was right in the middle of the foot, and I couldn’t put any weight on it at all. Even now, sometimes it hurts and I limp a little. But I had lots of people who were willing to carry my stuff for me at school! :p

3. ModernDayDrifter

ModernDayDrifter Lab Technician

When i broke my wrist i was out of swimming lessons.And i borke my wrist a week b4 my teams soccer tournament(sp?) so my soccer pics frm that year r with me and a cast lol photographer asked if i did it in soccer lol. I was sooo ready to play in the tourny even with the cast but the dang ref said no spent 3 days on the side line i was soo mad!

McStokes I know what your goin through,im marrying a cop and every time i see him hes got a new bruise or spraned ankle or wrist something like that.lol so i know what ur goin through :)

4. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

Yup...Everyday I come home with a new one...and some of the bruises are down-right colorful! It's the only "tan" I get! Be kind to your fiance...he's gonna need all the support he can get! ;)

5. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Well, yesterday I did something really stupid. And it really hurt. I was about go fall onto my bed (on purpose) and then I slipped on a bag of empty chips and went flying and hit my head on the bed frame. It really hurt, then later, I went to go fall on my bed yet again, only missed and landed on the floor :lol: Hahah, as a friend once told me, gravity has it in for me :lol:

6. ModernDayDrifter

LOL OUCH that must hurt!

Today whent to the eye doctor,got my eyes checked,had to get eyedrops so everything was blured and becuz it was sunny today i really couldnt see i ended up not seeing a step and sprained my ankle im still limping.It hurts lol

McStokes thanks for the advise. I sure try!It was a bad day for both of us lol we both sprained our ankles lol mine fallin down stairs his chasing a guy.His is alot worse then mine.Thank god hes got the weekend off!!!

7. Oisa_Mae

Oisa_Mae Civilian

All your injuries sound v. painful!

My latest injury: I got smacked in the face with a hockey stick. It took two triage nurses, eight interns, three doctors, one paramedic, three radiologists, four pedeatric doctors, two police men and seven hours to tell me it wasn't broken. I couldn't eat or go to sleep because I may have needed surgery and they thought I might have a concussion.

Next day, it went horrible blue, purple, black and red and everyone asked about it. I had two policemen come up to me and ask whether everything was alright at home. *cringe*

Oh well, it took two weeks, six packets of pain killers and lots of explaining to heal but it did.

I have had plenty of others though. Let's see:

I fell out of a tree and broke an arm and a leg,
    I fell of my bike and needed eight stitches in the head,
    I fell down the stairs and broke my wrist,
    I dropped a pack of three lamb shanks on my foot and broke three bones in it,
    Slammed my fingers in the car door and broke them all across the base of my fingers,
    Fell off a balconey in Spain and broke an ankle and my other wrist,
    Slammed the other fingers in a fire door and broke them all.

And to date I have had eight consussions and I have had one hundred and thirty one stitches for various small but deep cuts and an injury involving barbed wire and my right leg. Needless to say, it was not fun. At all.

*scrolls up and reads* Wow, I've had a lot of injuries. Well, just thought I'd contribute my long list of former injuries so here you go. Thanks for reading.

8. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

I feel off the trampoline when i was 12, and broke my ankle, and had to get stitches about my eye. I was fine, but my uncle was freaking out.

9. ModernDayDrifter

lOL i know that feelin i was calmer then my dad and mom when i split my chin.and was calmer then my mom when i broke my wrist.

When i was 5 a dog bit right through my cheeck you could see right through it!Mom was flippin lol she got kicked out of the room they were givin me stitches in lol

10. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

I've never had any serious injuries (touch wood). I think I must have been such a clumsy kid though. Apparently, when I was 3, I was running, fell and hit the door step with my mouth, pushing one of my front teeth through my bottom lip. I still have a scar there now, but I don't remember doing it.

11. debje

debje Pathologist

I've also never had a serious injuries.. but last week I had a soccer match and the field was very dry so my knee was bleeding at the end of the match, not that much but ok and that week before I had a soccermatch again and I got a ball right in my face so i fell on the ground a bit dizzy and a bleeding nose :lol:

12. Annwn

Annwn Rookie

My worst injury was when my pony (at the time) reared and fell backwards onto me. I fractured my elbow, compound and displaced fracture of the humerus, dislocated my shoulder and fractured my shoulder blade. They couldn't put it in plaster so it was in a sling for eight weeks, they should have slowly released it but didn't so the skin on the inside of my elbow grew across, so when they eventually took the sling off, I couldn't straighten my left arm. The joint still locks sometimes, but on the whole it isn't too bad...and at least I can use it - at one point they were worried that nerve damage would mean I'd lose the use of it.
    Plus the really fortunate part...when he fell, he went to the left, if he'd fallen straight back, I wouldn't be here.

13. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Well, I didn't break anything over the weekend, but I did get pushed down a waterslide and fell funny so I hurt my butt really badly. Stupid friend :lol:

But over time, I have broken my finger, by first jamming it with a basketball (yeah, I obvioulsy can't catch a ball if I jam my finger when I attempt to catch it) then slammed it into a car door and broke it :lol: Only I didn't go to the doctor, cause I didn't really care, didn't wear the splint that my dad bought me either...it healed fine (kinda looks funny now though :lol:)

And one time, a girl at school broke my arm (by twisting it) then I was at work, and my boss asked me to help him move a couch, but because I was fooling around and my boss was really nice I was like "no, I don't want too" then I started running away, and fell in a puddle and broke my leg :lol: So in the end I had a broken arm and leg. And I got a power wheel chair for 6 weeks :lol:

14. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

My litany of injuries (sports and otherwise) is too extensive to list here, worst of course was when I fell in 2001 and suffered a compression fracture of my T-11 vertebra and blew out the cartilage in my left knee...

Most recent...my mother-in-law tends to overstuff the freezer (which is a side-by-side model) and the tracks that the bins slide on are already dilapidated. Anyway around January I was pulling out one bin at about chest level, when it "grabbed" the bin below it because there was so much stuff in it that they "stuck" together, it came off the broken tracks, and dumped a frozen gallon bottle of milk onto my right foot. Didn't have it x-rayed until a few days ago (not having insurance sucks) and I still don't have the results...It turned all kinds of interesting colors and I couldn't put a shoe on it for a few days. I can walk on it now in "small doses" but am on a cane...

15. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Over the weekend I was helping carry a large piece of wood sliding (I was on one end with it in my left hand but somehwat behind me at the same time) I tried to not let the hammer I had hanging on my carpentar pants from hitting me but I tripped over some roofing paper resulting in me falling to my knees and the corner of the sliding I had in my hand sticking me in the back. And the best part is that its where I normally wear my pants so everytime I move my pants I hurt myself all over again.

oh and I have a lot of cuts and buises too.