The Great Ship Debate - CSI:Crime Scene Investigation

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

A fan a few posts back asked or wondered about how and where G/S met and how he knew she had a 'pony tail' the new official CSI Magazine has many tid-bits about the longevity of their relationship one says~ [below] & it has photos of his whole condo~

GRIS AND SARA Grissom's kitchen~
    On the side of the fridge is a picture of Grissom and Sara in San Francisco where they met for the first time. Slightly obscuring it is a recipe for turkey with mozzarella, this is yet more evidence that Gris and Sara are more serious then they ever let on to their colleagues. Clearly Grissom has had this picture for a long time, and displayed it in the one place he, and only he would see it every day--while making a cup of organic tea~

From "Grissom's Divine Comedy"

2. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

DW- that's actually not what I asked. What I asked was how him remembering her having a pony tail signified that they were in love at that point.

3. Desertwind

Happy I don't know if you saw 'Ala Cart" or not, but they discussed this in great detail. Sara went to one of Grissom's seminars, and that's when he said "you had a pony tail". I didn't state they were 'in love' at that point, but that they knew each other for a long time, and when Holly got killed he called Sara down to join the team. And on how long they were lovers is still vague, but the majority of GSR fans think it was in "Nesting Dolls" when she poured out her heart to him about her abusive childhood and he comforted her & possibly when they became 'intimate" The pic. from the magazine means they must have dated or went out at some point in San Francisco, because the Golden Gate bridge is in the background, and it must have meant a great deal to him to paste it up on his fridge. I hope this clears it up;)

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

No, they could have been just attracted to each other, but nothing beyond that. Lots of people remember little details about their first meeting with someone, but love is an emotion that cultivates over time.

5. Desertwind

That's right and they did 'cultivate' it, their together, the point of the post was also when they showed the 'deleted' on a YouTube video, scene from 'Grissom's Divine Comedy" and Cath was snooping around his spot, while he was getting ready for court, she found this said picture on his fridge, and asked him "how long have you and Sara been together" and he shinned her on, and left. The only reason it finally came out, is Ecklie knew, and confronted them both, and even asked Grissom "why didn't you tell me" Grissom replied "We didn't want you to know" I just hope that eventually they return and the whole team will wlcome them like they did Sara when she returned "For Warrick" and hugged her and were so glad to see her[​IMG]

6. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

No! Why bring them back?! Let them enjoy their happiness in Costa Rica or where ever they are.

^Joking about that last part...kinda. ;)

I agree about Cath's independence, electra. Even in YoBling!, her independence could have been compromised. Some characters just shouldn't be with anyone in my opinion. Like Hodges for example. IMO, he shouldn't be with anyone except Sara. Why do I say this? One, because as many know, I'm not a big Hodges fan. Two, I'm not a fan of Sara's either. And three, I hate when characters I can't stand end up (or are shipped) with characters I really, really like. I know it's wrong, but whateva.

I can picture Catherine with Ecklie. I could see her going all Lady Heather dominatrix style on him. I don't know why, but I can. I can see him wanting to show public affection and her slappin' him in the face. Or at least, that's what popped into my head!

Anyone in here enjoy Brass and Cath together? Because those two seem like a hilarious pairing to me. Same with Cath and Doc. I can see that too.

7. happyharper13

Hah, speaking of Catherine and Lady Heather... now there's a pairing, at least dynamic-wise, that I can see working. If there's any relationship that wouldn't jeopardize Cath's independence, it's that one, IMO. Though I still love Yo!Bling much more. I think Cath/Sofia would similarly not get in the way of Cath's independence. Cath, Sofia and Lady Heather are all very strong, independent women who I think would respect the independence of any romantic partners.

8. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

True, very true. I never saw it like that! I know alot of people can see Sara and Cath together, but they would butt heads to much to make it work.

I love YoBling! and think it was one of the more realistic ships, IMO. Warrick and Cath would have been great. No other pairing with Cath could be better IMHO.

9. Desertwind

So, if in season 10, [if there is one] and they decide to have another romantic pairing, lets say Nick or Greg. Greg has been smitten with every girl who's ever crossed paths with him on CSI, he gets so giddy, & flirty even the older ladies Lois, I think who was an inspiration for his book, and Cath's mom, who told him aboout old Vegas, I wonder what type of girl he'd really like to be with, a more serious type, or silly and funny like him? And Nick Mr. straight arrow, so kind hearted, these characters although fictitious. are real on the show and every one needs a little love to soothe their souls. Would Nick prefer a blonde, red-head or brunette? I'd like to see one of them in a romantic liaison, not where it took over the crime stories, but a little bit would be sweet;)I think S/9 it was a bit to soon to bring another romantic couple in this, but also the season was lack-luster and most fans, or some would like to see this happen. I really don't think two more CSI's should get involved, to much flack, someone they meet on a case or while on their private times~

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  10. happyharper13

I would hate to see either of them with an outside character made up entirely for the purpose of being a love interest. Personally, I'd rather not see either of them attached, but, were they to hook up, I'd rather see Greg hooking up with Riley or Wendy or Nick and Greg hooking up with each other. But I'd rather they be single than date Mary Sues.

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  11. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I agree creating characters just for the sake of romance is asking for disaster. Now if a character were to become established over a length of time or use one already in existence, then it is plausible that the relationship could work.

But then again watching Nick or Greg go on random dates and discuss the highs and lows over collecting evidence would make for some great humor.

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Or with women young enough to be their daughter. Remember when they were going to hook Nick up with some school girl waitress last season? That would have looked so WRONG!

13. Desertwind

If your speaking of Grissom and Sara as the father/daughter age difference it was 17 years, he as the character Grissom was born in 1956 her as the character Sara 1971.. hardly likely he'd be a father at that age, And age really doesn't have anything to do with love, and their chemistry was amazing, riveting.. and what two people have in common, a big factor, which they had.. no daddy issues, she just wanted him and she got him.. and he got her.. I still feel that they should have an outside person come on as a new love interest for one of the team. And I hope we get the back story on Brass and Rita:eek:

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  14. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I could be wrong but I think myfuturecsi was referring to the red-haired waitress from "For Gedda". But the again I could be wrong.

As fas ar Gil and Sara's age difference, 17 years is enough to be a father if you wanna get technical. I think age is strictly a number, but when a relationship unfolds the way theirs did, and when you see characters as father figures before they "get together" it's kind of hard not to see them as a father figure. Does that make sense?

Let me rephrase. I've always seen Grissom as the "daddy" and have called him as such (and I see Cath as the "mommy"). So when he gets with Sara, a "daughter" of the bunch, I can't help but see it as that; a father/daughter relationship. Plus, add in the fact that Sara has daddy issues, and it screams soap opera IMHO.

I'm down for bringing in new characters and all, but not for the soul purpose of being a romantic crutch for another character. To me that is pointless. Especially now when they already have 10/11+ characters on the show already. Adding on another would a) take away more screen time from the regulars, and b) it isn's necessary. As realistic as inter-office dating is, I would hate for them to bring in a random person just so Nick/Greg/Cath/etc. can have a romantic pairing.

15. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Not to get technical but what the heck. It's really only 15 years difference between Grissom and Sara. :p Even though I've always been a GSR fan, I appreciate the relationships between all the characters and can easily see how someone would find chemistry in some form between all of them. While I don't necessarily see a love connection between Grissom and Catherine, I can't deny that they do have a strong bond. I can also see the bond between Grissom and Lady Heather, although he was a bit goofy in Slaves of Las Vegas with her.

I know many don't see anything between Warrick and Sara but if you think about many of their interactions over the years, it was Warrick who Sara confided certain things to. Sometimes more apparently so than Nick. They went from pretty much total anomosity towards each other in the beginning to having a nice moment in GB&GL.

This is what makes the show so good is the fact that we, the audience, have bonded with the characters so much that we can actually comment on who should be with who. That's a great tribute to the actors and writers who have brought them to life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.