The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Wow, I don't come on for a day and there's like millions of new posts (kinda)

Those photos from the finale, wow. Look at Greg- he couldn't be more obvious in looking at Nick if he tried to be!! And Nicky looking at him when he's turned away, aww. That waitress was obviously just for Warrick's exit, otherwise Nick would've gone out with Warrick so I hear? I hope :D

I love those photos! Greg is looking mighty fine at the moment too ;)

2. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Thanks seabird! That's good to see one and only truth... Caps are so cute! Just love it.

I thought after reading posts when I noticed The Love. Answer is simple - I don't know! It just happened one beautiful day. We have a lot of subtexts so for me The Love was always obvious... nah, maybe not always 'cause for some time I thought about them as a good friends (I guess like everyone at first sight).

Welcome Lara and Eurydike! Nice to have you here!

3. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

HE WAS NOT, NOT, NOT LOOKING AT WAITRESS BIMBO! The direction of his eyes is way off, unless she walked behind Greg's head or something, but i don't think so, because he looks up at her in time to say that he's fine and doens't need anything else, then he looks at Greg, and stares at him for a while until Warrick brings him back to Earth, and he tries to put it off as he was looking at the waitress.

I all honesty, I think Warrick knows. I think he realized what Nick was staring at and wanted to save him from embarrasing himself infront of the others, and of course to avoid the awkward questions...

Do you ever get the feeling that the writters sit, huddled under their desks, mumbling, "They see subtext in everything...how do we stop it...?" and suck their thumbs. :guffaw:

I don't get you people! Why don't you like sara?! She's one of my fav characters! Jeez! Lol.

I'm okay with it. She had become a bit undesierable, hasn't she? *Shrugges*

Oh, and welcome to the Fort everyone! It's all good fun, here. Support your ship!

And, huh?! Brokeback Mountian was on and I MISSED IT?! CRAP!

-Lynn

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  4. NickyandGreggo

NickyandGreggo Witness

I think it is funny that Nick is looking at Greg and poor Warrick has no IDEA that he is looking at Greg.... Warrick makes the comment about the waitress and Nick gives his smile but he is really looking at Greg with the look that say's if only he really knew! I think that is what is being said between Nick and Greg.

I also think that the only reason Nick stayed in the dinner was because other wise he would have to leave with Warrick and then he would have been shot to. And they cant have that happen.

How do you think they are going to start the next season? do you think it is going to start right where it left off or do you think it will have a time jump, and you just see how everyone is handleing the news.
    I personal hate time jumps so I hope that it starts right where it left off.

p.s. has anyone seen Twins around I havent??????

NickyandGreggo

5. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

1) Yep, I do. Think they prob get frustrated that whatever they do, we the eternal optimists stick by our ship. :thumbsup:

2) I love Sara! The clue's in the name, huh? ;)

3) Technically i don't think you missed it because it was on UK Channel 4 which you prob don't get where you are. Don't panic!

God I love those pics Seabird...that smile from Greg is amazing and is just so full of warmth and love and like he's trying to hide it a little but can't quite.

Welcome, Eurydike, 7 seasons in 3 weeks is impressive! That's dedication. I love that your friend could see their relationship without knowing the show and could not believe they weren't canon. Brilliant. It's just further proof of how obvious they are, context not subtext, I like it. There is no way to ignore all those years of flirting and looking and touching, it just goes above and beyond friendship and I don't know how anyone can deny it :)

I rewatched Time of Your Death just now after comments made about it this weekend, and I loved Greg's little eye roll after the supermodel comment. Also loved that talking about fantasies and keeping them secret was Nick's cue to stroll into the room! And something wonderfully camp about Nick announcing with some pleasure - "I'm going shopping!" :lol:

Nat x

6. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Hello and welcome to the Fort Lara and Eurydike!

Well, I agree with you Eurydike, that the Look of Love in Felonious Monk shows definitely two more who are obviously smitten with each other. That's also my favourite love-moment.

I absolutely love the screencaps from the last episode, can you say love? Nick's looking, no staring, at Greg and Greg's smile? Poor Warrick's in denial ...

I just watched the clip from Bad Words where Nicky calls Greg "doll". It's so sweet and did you notice that when Greg comes into the lab that his voice all deep and husky and Nick's all flustered and tries to focus his attention on the evidence? And when he tells Greg that the female suspect was "kinda hot" it almost looks like he wants to see his reaction, like testing the water. And Greg plays along, knowing very well what Nick's actually saying. You just gotta love the boys!!

7. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Nick was staring at Greg in the last episode- maybe Warrick was just worried (like TPTB) that Nick wouldn't get promotion if he was gay, which is sad, and he was just trying to make him think he could have a girlfriend, when, as you can see by those looks, he is well and truly smitten with Greg.

8. Eurydike

Eurydike Victim

I think that's possibly my favourite Love moment. My jaw kinda hit the floor the first time i saw it, i had to rewind it three times and put the subtitles on to be sure I actually heard it correctly. :lol:
    It's Greg's flirtatious "You rang?" They're both so playful, like they're egging each other on and upping the stakes. And theres a wonderful powerplay between them thats so cute. Cos Nick's got 'seniority' when he's training Greg for the field, but Greg can redress the power balance with hardly a look. it's amusing to watch how they navigate it.

And that Warrick calls the pyromaniac "Nick's girlfriend" later in the ep. Considering we didn't see Nick tell him about her, i like to think Greg was going around gossiping to Warrick just to wind Nicky up. I think when you get to hiding a relationship for as long as they have, there are probably loads of games and in-jokes you can't help playing on your oblivious friends.

In a way I wonder if that will effect another aspect of how Nick deals with Warrick's death. Will he feel guilty that he never told him about Greg? Warrick was his best friend, and Nick kept him out of a huge part of his life. Nick might feel like he's been lying to him for years and he'll never get a chance now to put it right.

9. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I remember all of the flirting in that episode, I may have to watch it tomorrow in my 'day off from revision' ;)

I'm hoping that we will see Greg comforting Nick over Warrick's death. Although Greg knew him too, they were no where near as close as Nick and Warrick, and it may be that Nick seems guilty he never told him how he feels for Greg( we hope) and it'd be extremely interesting to see.

10. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ Yeah, I think Warrick would 'cover' for Nicky like that with the others. I mean Warrick spent enough time with Nicky to know all about it. He must have picked up on the subtext as well. Katlynn888 I love your depiction of the writers makes me laugh and its so true. :lol: As for Sara something about her just rubs me the wrong way, idk. Great caps seabird, so cute. Anyway heres a link to the diner scene in Rashomama for those who have not seen it and those like me who enjoy watching it over and over again:).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yt2k8Ykdf8

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  11. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ I LOVE that episode! Nick is totally "testing the water". I agree, they are both so playful/open with each other, it's awesome to watch. They're both kidding around and friendly... I love it! It's a great episode for subtext, and some stuff that is more that subtext. xD
    I agree that Nick might feel bad for not letting Warrick in on such a large part of his life. I see Nick keeping it a secret from everyone, even Warrick, so Warrick obviously still thought Nick was straight. Nick will probably be feeling some guilt over that. Warrick was his best friend, and he had lots of chances to tell Warrick the truth about his sexuality, yet he didn't. I'm already excited to see how season 9 unfolds. Bring on the fall! xD

12. Greggo_Obsessed

Greggo_Obsessed Hit and Run

I totally agree. That episode was amazing. When I first saw it I idn't even realize what episode it was until Nick did that. I was in shock. I knew all about the scene but to actually see it is amazing. And George added that in on his own. The actors have to be having a part in the subtext. As people have said before the writers don't just write in, wink at him or say thanks doll or check out his ass. I mean come on...

Anyway yeah I think Nick wuld feel guilty about hiding something so huge from Warrick. They were best friends after all. I really hope season 9 picks up where they left off. At least not a few moinths later. I would end up screaming at my TV if they did that. They already did that with one of the other shows I watch.

I really need to get the seasons but seeing as I have no cash... at all. When I do I'll probably get season 6 just for Rashomama...well and Gum Drops because that one was adorable... Nick just about, pretty much crying. my_last_chance has 1, 3 and 5 so I can borrow those ones lawlz.

13. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I read Eric's interview in the Official CSI mag. It makes me so mad that they only questioned him about Greg's flirtous nature with Catherine & Sara. And the obvious chemistry betw Greg & Catherine. Are they blind, did they not watch the pilot and the "anal swab" scene. They never mentioned Nicky at all. *cover up, cover up, cover up*

14. caff

caff Dead on Arrival

Hey, I'm new here but I've been a fan of the love for about 3 years now, give or take, and I sort of bounce around fandoms because i have so many but the love is definitely my otp(as are George/Eric).

I was so seriously p.od when I heard about the nick getting a girlfriend thing, which is that actually fact now or is it still a rumor? And I didn't realize until tonight when i came here that he is so looking at Greg in the diner, no doubt about it. I haven't watched much of season 7 or season 8, because lets face it it's really gone down hill, but I try to catch what I can to see some love...loveliness. I like to have faith that TPTB will at one time or another will let them do something that lets us shippers know it's real. I mean, is TPTB were that against it I doubt they'd let so much slip through to give us hope.

And call me crazy but i had a Nick/Greg reality show marriage dream the same day of the ruling on gay marriage in California. Greg did go to LA at the end of the finale...maybe Nick had a change of heart and followed him there.

15. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Welcome all new Love shippers!

Seabird, thanks soooo much for those awesome pics! Greg just looks so adorable! And if you look at it this way, you all wanted to see Nick on the ranch, well, imagine that toothpick is a piece of hay or something. lol. That toothpick bugged me, but I can't really say why.

And as for Nick feeling guilty... man... you beat me too it... well, that's gonna be mentioned in my story, but thankfully, I had a twist to that idea you haven't thought of yet! So, this is to let you all know when I do get this thing finished and posted that Nick feeling guilty over not telling Warrick about Greg was not an idea stolen from The Fort! Phew! lol...

And yeah, with that scene... I didn't really see the subtext the first time around, but now I do. I mean, come on... "I'm fine, don't need anything else" looking from girl to Greg... if that's not cannon, then I don't know what is. He's CLEARLY saying I've got Greg I don't need you. Never mind about food and drink! lol. Oh yeah.

btw... I also think there wasn't enough Greg in that ep. When Gil wanted to do that experiment with Nick and Hodges... why wasn't it Greg instead?!?!?! It shoulda been Greg Nick was holding up. That would have been perfect!

*sigh* well, I'm off to work. ttyl!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.