The 30 and Over Club

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI_Kat, Aug 21, 2008.

1. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

yes...Remington Steele. :)

Wonderful World of Disney, watched that too. I guess the Disney channel has kind of replaced that show. Just as Saturday Morning cartoons has been replaced with The Cartoon Network.

2. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

BAMBI!! OMG, that movie scarred me for life. I use to have the Bambi album. I had it before I actually saw the movie, so I really had no idea what happened to Bambi's mom. Then when I saw the movie my mother had to take me out screaming. Every time I listened to the album I cried. I'm with you Jacquie, I can't stand to watch animals die and it's harder when it's a human doing it. Another movie that my mom had to drag me out of crying was Willard. Weird because I loved the movie Ben.

I remember how much I loved the beginning to WWOD, the fire works and the music. It made my Sunday nights.

A few weeks ago, I turned on the tele and was shocked at how it's changed from when I was a kid. No more Scooby Doo, Bugs Bunny, it's replaced by actual kid shows like 'So Raven' no cartoons.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  3. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Thanks for the laugh. It got me to looking around and I had forgotten about the Sweedish Chef. :lol: HOw could I have possibly forgotten about this? Chickey in the Basket.... That's 2 points.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9oyr_MKABY&NR=1

4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I had a crush on him too. Yeah it was a short lived show.

I loved the Muppet show too. I had a puppet (maybe still do in storage somewhere) of Animal. I always loved him. I am actually going to a special exhibit sometime in April they have here in town about Jim Henson and his muppets. I can't wait to go.

I loved Mork and Mindy too. Mork from Ork. :lol:

I always watched the Wonderful World of Disney too. Now I am Disney'd to death. :lol:

5. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I just read that Jason Segel (Forgetting Sarah Marshall, I Love You, Man) has written a new Muppet Movie and he's just waiting to see what the executives at whatever company that owns them think of it. He wanted to take it back to like the first one, and re-introduce them to a whole new generation that might not be that familiar with them. I'd totally go see it! :lol:

6. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Oh man that's too funny. I forgot all about the Swedish chef. I liked how they used real hands that song he use to sing. Thanks for the link. I need to find some Animal parts. I had a huge crush on ....this is embarrassing...Dudley Moore when I was a kid..He was on the muppets once and had a fight with Animal. I think this was my all time fav show for certain reasons..lol .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErefIfZTlQ0&feature=PlayList&

those two movies were good, well I haven't seen "I love you, man" yet, but the previews look great and I love both actors in it. BUT for that dude to make a Muppet Movie, hmmm idk. I'd go see it just cause I'm curious.

7. Nightrider

Nightrider Witness

Yes! This is where people my age (35) hang out! *Bones creak as I settle down*
    The Muppet Show was my everything! Animal was my favorite: "Woman! Woman!"

Here's some of my old fav TV shows:
    ~ Chico and the Man (loved Freddie Prinze!)
    ~ V miniseries (Both the first and second)
    ~ Quincy
    ~ Rockford Files
    ~ The Green Hornet
    ~ The Greatest American Hero

Um, I now drawing a blank. Will get back to it later.

8. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Oh yes! Marc Singer wasn´t it? What ever happened to that guy and the girl from Remington Steele?

Just remembered Magmum PI :lol:. What a moustache(?).

"Lol" blue eyeliner and Madonna wearing her clothes backwards.

Or how about:

Criss Cross is going to make you jump.:guffaw:

Ice ice baby:guffaw:

Shaka Khan and Sheena Easton.... Miami Sound Machine...Gotta go find some old LPs. Wonder where I can play thoose nowadays.

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

You know it's funny the things you used to hate watching as a child/teenager and then you grow up and you watch the shows. :lol:

I remember my dad watching 60 Minutes on Sunday (we only had one TV at the time) and I couldn't stand the show. I'd see that clock and it just seemed to never move :lol:, but now I'll watch it if something piques my interest.

All these TV shows, brings back such memories.

Does anyone remember Solid Gold? It was weekly and had dancers that counted down the top 10 songs for that week. My friend Chris and I would watch every week. :lol:

How about movies?

Sixteen Candles
    The Breakfast Club
    Some Kind Of Wonderful
    Pretty In Pink (Man, John Hughes dominated the 80s :lol:)
    Valley Girl (like gag me with a spoon)
    Flashdance
    ET
    Poltergeist
    The beginning of Indiana Jones
    Platoon
    The Princess Bride
    A Nightmare on Elm Street (the beginning of Freddy)

10. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Man oh man... I actually have the "V" miniseries on DVD! :lol: And man, did I have a thing for Marc Singer. He was in this movie that my older brother and I loved called "Beastmaster". I think my brother was more into it for Tanya Roberts though! (She was on Charlie's Angels in the later years... and oh yeah, I almost forgot- That 70's Show too!)

I think Marc was brother to Lori Singer, of Footloose fame? Another classic 80's film! That soundtrack is hysterical- "Let's Hear It For The Boy" comes to mind... not to mention the title track of course.

Another show that I caught recently that still made me laugh out loud- Sanford and Son! Freakin' Red Foxx was a comic genius! :lol:

11. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I hear that the guy did some films. His name is Bronson, Pierce Bronson.

As for the girl, Stephanie Zimbalist has done some of those made-for-TV movies and appeared on shows like Crossing Jordan, Nash Bridges, Touched by an Angel, and more.

Did you all know there is a TV remake of V in the works. Might be out in the fall.

12. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Once again Dynamo1 you help me out.....but I made a mistake...was referring to Marc Singer not Piece Brosnan...:).

IMO ..the breakfrast club = classic. Top Gun = classic and Footlose = classic.

Heard they are doing a remake with Zac Efron(?).....I don´t think that is a good idea:wtf:. But - hey - I am not sure, Kevin Bacon could kick that high nowadays:lol:

Am now putting on my white sweatbands and pink legwarmers.

13. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Love The Breakfast Club, it's strange to see Molly Ringwald on tv when I'm so used to see her younger version.

Zac bowed out of the role, so they are currently looking for someone else to play Ren. I think that was a good decision because Zac kind of ruined Hairspray for me...I couldn't deal with him in Footloose.

14. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi gals

There is Farris Buglers Day off.....But is there a film with Tom Cruise where he is home alone and then meets some girl and have XXX on the subway.

What is that film called? And the famous White shirt and socks playing giutarscene isn´t that scene from that movie?

15. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

If you mean Risky Business, he does that to "Old Time Rock and Roll" by Bob Seger.