**Spoiler Lab** Season 8 - Hot Off The Magic City Presses!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

:confused:
    Thanks mjszud!! Things are really going to get intense!

The one thing I am waiting to see is in what order is all of this going to happen. It is probably a given that the Eric/Calleigh exchange is close to the beginning. But when is Ryan going to be slapped in cuffs?:confused:How long after he and Call confront Eric in Ryan's apartment? :confused:Is he arrested at the lab or brought in for questioning in cuffs and then transferred to a cell? :confused:When does Walter say "some team"?:confused: Will Ryan spend the whole or most of the eppie in jail or they find out he has been set up early and he's let out and will we see it?:confused: It is long time until Monday!!

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Those are some of the same questions I have MiamiWolfe. I hope Ryan doesn't spend the majority of the episode locked up. I wonder by Walter's response also,if he will be one of the first of Ryan's team mates to stand up for him?

3. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I hope so. My only question with that is Walter was the one who badgered him about forgetting to return the evidence. Will he believe Ryan didn't take them or think Ryan was covering his butt because he did steal the diamonds?:confused:

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Just want to refer discussion about 'Time Bomb' to its Episode Thread. Feel free to continue there! :D

5. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

I think in this instance TPTB realized they'd bitten off a lot more than they could chew. They also said that Kyle was supposed be a key part leading to the finale,too. Yet that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. It would've been an awful lot to fit into four episodes.

6. csipurple09

csipurple09 Victim

I want to know everything but, then i dnt want to kno b/c it will ruin the surprise. These past few episodes have been too exciting. this is what CSI: Miami needs right now. This episode will be explosive. I cnt, im getting too eager.

7. crazy4hiphugger

crazy4hiphugger Civilian

wow no IAM SCARED I WOUNDER WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH CALLEIGH AND ERIC

8. shantay

shantay Civilian

I AGREE WITH U I WHAT TO KNOW SO BAD BUT THN AGAIN I WHAT TO WAIT:lol:

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

It is amazing writers/tptb changes storylines within such a short timeframe. But just goes to proof that there is no - fixed or planned devlopment of charaters at least not when other storylines is considered more important.

10. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Jesse's storyline could have been deliberately dropped because of fan reaction to having the character so up front and in our faces in the early part of the season. After near mid-season, they eased off of Jesse-centric/heavily Jesse involved episodes. I know I'm not the only one that reacted badly to the overly enthusiastic promotion of his character in the beginning. Could the writers actually be listening?

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Even though I couldn't say I disliked Jesse,I was one that was turned off by the big push,especially because there were other characters dying on the backburner. Reading the plans for his storyline this season,I rolled my eyes. I then wondered how the writers were going to present Jesse,Horatio and Kyle,all who were supposedly to be featured prominently up to and including the finale.The writers maybe listening,somewhat.If so I do think it's a very selective type of hearing,they hear what they want to hear.In this instance,it most likely was a combo of too much drama and storylines for so few episodes,and the fact that there had been so much Jesse early in the season. The fans have been wanting more team centered drama,so I'm glad that this may be something the writers heard.Now if they would only listen to a few more fans,there would be an increase in happy viewers.

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  12. electra

electra Pathologist

IMO the writers of the CSI shows have the cast divided in leads and secondary characters(and I am not saying it is right).Mac and Stella on NY and Eric,Horatio and Calleigh on Miami to put an exemple.Vegas is a case that someone can step in like Nick and Jesse may be the case of someone demoted.

That said,I have seen an effort recently to improve things.Ryan has a storyline and I have seen more of Natalia recently.And I do believe the last few cases are way better then the rest.Let's hope they keep listening to us.:)

Just a question,is the serial killer storyline related to the stolen diamonds? Becouse if not,I guess Ryan issues should be resolved tomorrow.

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    It looks as if the stories are not related. I expect that Ryan's issues are resolved given what we have seen from the finale pictures.
    I hope for things to continue to improve. The lack of storylines for some characters was a huge irritation for me,enough so that I thought my Monday nights would become devoted to reading instead of watching the show.
    I've always felt there was a division on NY. I didn't think it was as apparent in the earlier seasons of Miami, it was Horatio and and more of an ensemble cast and the stories were a lot better at that point because the writing was for the entire cast instead of the "leads". Perhaps if there was a return to that, the stories,the screentime and viewer satisifaction would improve. Now I feel as if the writers are thinking, "Oh we're almost at the end of the season,better throw in a half baked story for so and so".

14. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I notice that on CSI NY but on CSI Miami, the writers do try to mix it up. It can't be easy for the writers considering this season the cast is bigger. I'd like to see Calleigh and Walter work together more or her and Natalia, they haven't had many scenes together this season.

15. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I actually saw more reason for hope at the beginning of the season then I do now. I like both Jesse and Walter and feel they are really a breath of fresh air with tremendous story potential. I do feel they brought Jesse on a little strong and I'm glad they eased up a little.

But these writers can't seem to write an even, all inclusive script. They are extremely limited in their focus and as soon as they put Jesse safely in the background instead of bringing the characters who had been ignored for so long to the front, they got back to featuring the same tired story with the same two characters - front and center.

They may be listening to the fans but they are extremely selective in what they elect to hear.

We have been screaming and begging for more Ryan, Natalia and Frank. If these little bits at the end of the season are a response to our pleas, it's a pathetic response. It's a temporary show to shut us up and it's an insult to those of us who are fans of those characters. It's not going to continue long term and we'll see that as season 9 again focuses on the same tired story with the same two characters while everyone else becomes a supporting player. CSI Miami writers are not only predictable they've made it VERY clear which characters are their priority.

In the beginning, Miami wrote for a terrific team. It's what drew me to the show. That team was fractured in the third season and never really recovered. In season 4 the break appeared to become permanent and irreparable. Both Vegas and NY are leaps and bounds better than Miami at writing for an ensemble cast and keeping the stories inclusive of the entire team. Not Miami. The writers have made clear who their favorites are and nobody else stands a chance at a decent storyline - not long term.

It's too bad they didn't keep with the original plan at the beginning of season 8. Back to the basics. It was so promising. :(

Last edited: May 17, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.