Season 8: Returning Stars & Show *NO SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by mrb105, Dec 13, 2006.

1. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

GSRlove, I have to agree with DJRideout. Greg has more screen time when he was in the lab. he does got more screen in fifth season when the teams break up. When the teams got back together, they just put Greg in the back ground for a few minutes or second and they do it this years.

2. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Both Warrick and Greg got tossed into the background this season so they could show more of Grissom and Sara's personal life. Hopefully next season Gary and Eric are given bigger roles - they're two of the main people that people watch the show for, after all.

3. ericisacutie

ericisacutie Lab Technician

I hope Eric get's to be on more next season too. HE's just so lovable!! And I think they should give him the promotion to CSI level 2 as well, he's done enough cases, he deserevs it!

4. dgemba

dgemba Witness

Boo hoo. I don't care if "Sara" comes back; the whole Grissom love thing was rather creepy, if you ask me. Even if she does make less, the residuals these guys make with the show on multiple times every night must be mind-boggling; I wish I could make as much money without doing anything!

5. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

well i hope everyone is back...as much as i want to know who comes back...if they do tell us..it will take away from the season finale next week...

6. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

I just want everybody to come back. And I kinda wish season 8 will be more like season 5 and 6 instead of 7. The whole GSR thing wasn't a great addition (my oppinion)

7. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I am not a fan of GSR what-so-ever. I felt like it was a ratings gimmick. A ploy to get more people to watch. It just didn't seem natural to me.

I personally would like to see everyone come back. But, if a cast member is causing problems by not coming to the set, causing stress when she does come to the set, etc. than the person needs to cut loose.

I just never warmed up to Jorja/Sara. Maybe if the whole GSR thing does end then it will open up more airtime for Gary/Warrick, Eric/Greg, and even Marg/Catherine. I feel like they were shoved into the shadows this season.

I'm not one to talk badly about actors, but if the actor brings it on stress, than I believe it's fair game.

Again, it's just my opinon...

8. f_f_O

f_f_O Prime Suspect

I want Sara (and everyone else) to come back. Okay, Sophia could a little bit less screentime... make room for more Sanders and Warrick time!

And well, I'm not a fan of GSR *see sig* but I do like both Grissom and Sara. Many shows have disarmed relationships successfully without making to much fuss and without killing anyone else. These people are adult characters - not Degrassi Junior High! (yah, I'm dating myself with that reference... :) )

So everyone stays: good Some adjustment on levels of screentime: could be good. Some more Lady Heather in Healing: could also be good!

9. enigma

enigma Victim

I am not so sure that they will kill off Sara because remember when Brass got shot, no one was afraid he was dead because they already knew he was signed on for the new season. So maybe what they are doing this season finale is trying to confuse us so we don´t know the outcome in ahead. Because this way they get more viewers for the finale. :rolleyes:

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Good point, of course Brass, and everything turned out fine, but they made fans think he was going to die, I remember :( I LOVE GSR, the first romantic paring on the show, and it's been building for 7 years, so it would be very strange and odd if all of a sudden she dies :mad:what would have been the point?

TV GUIDE..It's the first serious romantic story line.. on CSI Stephen Battaglio..writer TV Guide

I'd feel the same way if it were another couple as well!

11. coolcatz

coolcatz Head of the Swing Shift

honestly if she goes i'd watch again. gsr ruined the show.

12. Lunalove

Lunalove Police Officer

I think it will be interesting to see what will happen to the dynamics if Jorja F does not return.
    And I honestly don't care wether she does or not as long as they 'kill off' gsr. Then maybe I can enjoy watching the show again instead of barely looking at screen in fear of any of those moments. But that's just my 2 cents! :p

13. 4EverSofia

4EverSofia Victim

Re: Season 8: Returning Stars & Show

:mad:Well that is a slap in the face to the rest of the cast. Jorja and Billy are not the Alpha and Omega of CSI. Heck Jorja isn't even one of the lead stars, she's a co star. Believe me if she were to leave, Marg could hold the ratings on her own. Big name, Big talent, Marg Helgenberger; believe me if you had a show and you wanted the ratings to stay up, she is the one you would want to pay to keep.

14. 4EverSofia

4EverSofia Victim

Amen to your quote on GRS, and love your icon. I too tape and watch later having a friend warn me of those :rolleyes:'Gasp and Gag' moments. Oh and to tell me whether or not Sofia is on it.

15. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

With you too. Kill off GSR would be better than kill Sara. The GSR moments just... they freak me out.