Season 7 **Spoiler Lab** - Gimme More, Gimme Gimme More!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

So, according to the news on the side of this page, the new ME is 31 years old. Hmm... do you think they upped her age a little cause we were all so upset about her being in her twenties? :lol:

2. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

31 does seem more realistic an age for a coroner. Hopefully her character will have a bit of depth. I hope that if H was really shot, he isnt out and about in the 2nd episode as though nothing happened, and with no injuries. And if it was faked then they better not drop it straight away.

3. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I just hope they haven't upped the ME's age in a desperate attempt to make her more believable as the new "Marisol" for H! :lol:

4. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Definitely second that, HnStetlerfan! Please, not another near-pedophiliac relationship :brickwall:!

5. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Horatio, getting with the new ME, NOOOO WAY in hell that should happen, niether with Eric. That would totally blow his and Cal's relationship. When I read the spoilers for the epi. Won't Get Fueled Again, it didn't mention Calleigh. Or did it? Maybe I read too fast.

6. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

HAHA H doesn't need another 20-something girlfriend....it's really creepy...

Now I'm going to say something about why I think Horatio is getting all these story lines, and if it offends any Caruso fans or if this is too off topic, I'm sorry and you can delete this post.

I heard somewhere that on NYPD Blue that his co-stars couldn't stand him (speculative) and he wanted an $80,000 raise. After that, he was supposed to be in a movie but the director (or producer, not sure) was so irritated by his (supposed) big ego he said he would never work with him anymore. After watching the commentaries on the DVDs, I noticed the people were saying stuff like, "oh this was David's idea" and "he just knows so much!!!"

I have an odd feeling that he's kinda running the show, therefore getting all the personal story lines. That happens on a lot of other TV shows. I could be completely backwards though.

Don't get me wrong, I love Horatio's character and everything and I don't mind the major storyline every once in a while. But when it starts to take over every episode it gets extremely annoying. It would be annoying to me even if it was my favorite character getting all that attention. I don't know about you, but in my opinion it's a forensics show, so they should make it about that. But they do need to have developed characters too. But they have to have a good balance. And it's hard to make that work when we know EVERYTHING about one character and practically nothing about the others...

So, that's what I think, but I hope it's not true. From interviews and stuff DC looks like a really nice, humble person. Maybe TPTB just really want to see more red-headed action. Hopefully season 7 will bring the others in as well.

Once again, I didn't post this to make anyone mad or to be off-topic, but I noticed that a lot of people are annoyed about the show being all about Horatio.

7. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I think he does have some influence on some aspects of the show (Ie: Marisol/Horatio and Kyle/Horatio) but I don't think he's monopolizing the creative process at all. There are a lot of times where the cast will have input on their storylines or even give ideas and whether or not that'll be used is up to those in charge.

As for the NYPD Blue days, I've heard the same rumours but I take a grain of salt with everything I read online/magazines. Besides, even if he was an ass back then, the cast of Miami - at least - seem to enjoy working with him and have said it on many occasions.

They probably realized the actress' real age wasn't going to go over so well. :lol: I don't necessarily think that it's because of what we've said here--even though some involved with the show do come to CSIFiles. It may have been a pre-emptive measure so that during the season we're not all "WHAT? 20? SERIOUSLY." (That's assuming they even care what we think) 31 isn't bad for me, it's certainly more acceptable compared to the 25-ishness they may have had before.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  8. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, I agree that 31 is way more believable than 24-25. :lol: But, I honestly do not think that actress looks that old. To me she looks younger than she actually is. :lol:

9. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Yeah like I said, I hope it's not true, it's probably totally false. The writers are probably wanting a really developed main character I suppose.

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

The picture of her from that link (a few pages before), she does appear very young looking. However, when I googled her name, there were several pics that came up from her previous roles & she didn't look as "pop-tart-ish", she had a more mature look to her.

We'll have to see what TPTB do with her. I can't quite imagine her being called Dr. Price, though. It still seems off to me.

I personally think Nicole Ari Parker would have been an excellent choice. She's older, & just as sexy & beautiful, if not more. She also ties in with the CBS merry-go-round of actors; she worked alongside both Gary Dourdan & Eva La Rue in Showtimes' Soul Food as Terri, she played a lawyer. Then also appeared in a CSI:Vegas episode working with Gary again. Can't recall the epi title, but she played some sort of lounge singer, I believe.

Oh well, we'll see how Spicegirl works out, I suppose.:p

11. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: MJ, I didn't know who you were talking about till you said "lounge singer", then I was like "oh, I remember her". :lol: She had some kind of drug problem and Warrick liked her, but couldn't deal with that, so he let her go. I can't remember exactly what she looked like, but I think I remember that she had very interesting shaped/colored eyes. But, I could be wrong.

Yeah, perhaps that pic of Megalyn was an older pic and that's why she looked younger.

12. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

When I first saw that pic, for some reason I just automatically assumed it was an older pic. But I still thought she kind of had a nice, girl-next-door look and so I decided to give her a chance despite my previous posts about it sounding like TPTB were trying to replace Alexx with a "younger model." I'm just going to wait to see her in at least a couple episodes before I prejudge her any more.

13. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Speaking of pictures, when are we going to get new spoiler pics? I know it's usually like a week or two before it airs, but I'm dying here! I just started getting into CSI during the writer's strike, so I had an opportunity to watch practically all the episodes. And when I was done with that, the new epis came back on TV! So now my life is sad. :(

14. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

The title for episode 704 is called "Raging Cannibal"

The team investigates the deaths of two men, one stabbed to death out in the Everglades while the other seemed to be killed by a human cannibal. They later find a chunk of human flesh in the cannibal's stomach that is believed to be from the first victim As they investigate they find that the two men were part of a gym run by, what they think, is the Russian mob. The owner, Ivan Sarnoff, claims there is no organized crime syndicate but that he is helping in getting troubled kids off the streets by teaching the discpline in boxing. When in reality he is training them to be foot soliders in what the team believes to be an upcoming war that the Russian mob plans to wage on the city.

As the team tries to find out who ordered the deaths of the two men, they constantly hit walls in scared witnesses or stallmate gym goers who swear there is no Russian mob.

Valera is in the ep, so is the new M.E., Tara and trace expert, Lucas.

15. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Maybe we will hear some Russian from Eric ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.