Season 5 Ratings

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

There was a similar thread to this last season, so I thought it might be nice to have one for season 5 as well - this way we can kind of keep track of the ratings without having to go on a wild goose chase to find and compare them.

I got this from PI Feedback - keep in mind that the ratings are a bit skewed because the President's speech pushed everything back 15 minutes, so Criminal Minds' ratings affected NY's a bit. I'll copy and paste the ratings for both shows for reference.

5.01 "Veritas":

So CSI:NY seems to be starting off on a better note this season than it did last year - let's hope the ratings climb continues!

(According to the ratings round up for the finale, "Hostage" had 11.71 million viewers.)

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

So glad to see the show did well in the ratings! Miami was up, too. Not only were both CSI shows up from their finales, but also last year's season premieres. That's really excellent news. :D

3. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Can I just ask a quick, probably dim question? Why do they always quote the 18-49 demograph? Viewers are viewers, is their age really important? I would have thought the overall figure is the only one that matters.

4. Faylinn

I think it has something to do with advertisers wanting to appeal to that particular demographic.

5. celtess

celtess Rookie

that's sooo great!!!
    congratulation csiny
    This tv show is so amazing and a season 5 begings with a real great show!!!
    I so happy for this rating

6. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Great news about the ratings, I hope it continues strong throughout the season! :thumbsup: I know that NY is finally getting regular reruns (and more recently, a major push) on the Spike Network, which is where alot of CSI fans turn to for rerun fixes. So you never know, it might have picked up more new fans throughout the summer.

7. Top41

I saw the final numbers put NY at 14.59 million (and Criminal Minds at a whopping 17 million), but those are still really impressive numbers for NY. That's still well above what it was doing last season.

8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Awesome! Let's hope that the numbers stay up there (or even get better) for rest of the season. :thumbsup: :)

9. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Its always good to do better than last year... but i will say i watched the criminal minds premier and even though CSI NY is my favourite there premier beat it was pretty good.

10. athens

athens Coroner

The good thing is that the show itself its getting better ratings from the other seasons.Of course it is just an episode but let's hope that this season will be at least as good as it's premiere.

11. Faylinn

For easy reference, I'll quote my ratings round-up for the premiere's final numbers, so it'll all be here in this thread if anybody is trying to compare:

12. Top41

Really glad to see NY doing so well. :D It seems like a lot of shows are down this season (Heroes, House, etc.) so I'm glad to see the CSI shows bucking that trend.

13. Faylinn

Whoops, forgot about this thread. Here are the results for 10/1 from PI Feedback

5.02 "Page Turner":

So it was up a bit from last week - hopefully the increase will continue. :D

14. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

It'll be interesting to see if the ratings go down faster than an anorexic hooker's bra straps once the D/L drama takes over...

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:*snort* :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:*gasp*