Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Yeah I saw that, that's not the first article that's done that, unless in the ep they mention he's gone back to Costa Rica

Did anyone notice that the college is called Gilbert College

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

But in reality he's really in Chicago:rolleyes:

3. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I know. :lol: When I first found it I thought it was so funny that so few people on that site realized who it was. Except for Smokey, that is. :guffaw:

4. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

I have never understood why everyone's assumed that Grissom was still in Paris. In her very first episode back, Sara clearly states that he was teaching at the Sorbonne "while waiting for grant money to come through."

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I think it's because they've never bothered to say otherwise since. I don't think we need a play-by-play of his whereabouts, but it would be nice to have a mention once and awhile to know if he's in town or wherever.

6. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

Alas their excuse is 'We don't generally get into our character's personal lives, so there's a lot going on you never see until, OH LOOK! married!'

Which ... kinda lazy writing IMO, and irritating, but in their defense, you don't have to worry about continuity conflicts that way ;)

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Did anyone think that the person who was writing the article didn't do their research.

There was never any indication on the show that Grissom's father was deaf. He died when Grissom was 9. So I believe they have that wrong.

Also, the whole Grissom is in the jungle because that is where the show left off 'showing' him. The journalist may not watch the show and thus doesn't know that we have last heard that Grissom is in Paris.

8. kabcsi

kabcsi Dead on Arrival

Yes I just thought that everyone would have thought the same thing you know, that they have it wrong. There was never anything thrown out about Grissom's father being deaf, in that case in the Sounds of Silence when Dr. Gilbert asked who taught him how to sign, he probably would have said that "My parents tought me" instead of what he said 'My mother (taught me)". Yes this article is written by someone who did not do their research nor watches the show enough to know what the deal is. But on a side note, we have fans who are die hard who think that Grissom didn't become the night shift supervisor until the second episode of the first season, when clearly he told Holly Gribbs "Hi Im gil grissom, im going to be your supervisor on Graves" in the first episode. Sorry that just ticks me off when people say that. Some forget he became supervisor of the CSI Unit, meaning the whole thing, and then lost that position later on, the episode escapes me but I believe it was when Ecklie said "Heard you lost your gig"

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

He actually didn't become the head of Grave until the 2nd episode when Brass told him that he was put back as Captain of Detectives (after Holly was shot). He was a supervisor in the 1st episode, but not the head of the Grave shift. I think he was just Supervisor of the Field Investigators and not the lab rats and the rest of the unit.

He never lost that position, but came close to it in "The Strip Strangler".

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I noticed that too, Speedy. I wondered when it was said that his dad was deaf. I don't recall him ever having really spoken of his father that much in the first place.

11. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Except that really sad scene where he told Catherine about how his father died. :( I LOVE that scene tho. It says so much about Grissom and how/why he became who he is.

12. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I am looking forward to seeing JB bite the bullet.

13. pjhusser

pjhusser Civilian

[spam]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2011
  14. kabcsi

kabcsi Dead on Arrival

See this is the mistake. In the second episode when Grissom is walking through the lab at the beginning with the slip of paper in his hand, he says that they want him to "run the unit" but in the first episode he tells Holly "hi I'm Grissom I'm your supervisor on Graves". In another epsiode later ecklie tells Grissoms "Heard you lost your gig" which I believe was in reference to him running the unit. I'm not understanding your distinction between being a supervisor and running the until. To me a supervisor is what Grissom has always been since day one...in charge of a shift, his CSI hadning out assignments yadayda. Wherer as someone in charge of the Unit...means to me everyone. Brass said in an episode"I was head of CSI once" he didn't say "I was head of Graveyard once".

I'll get back to you on the epsiode in which Eclkie said "herd you lost your gig" because I can't remember it for the life of me. But I swear it was in reference to being in charge of the whole CSI unit.

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yes, but Brass was above Grissom in the first episode and Grissom took over his job in the second episode. So that would make Grissom head of CSI.

In the first episode Brass was handing out assignments, not Grissom. In any case, Grissom was a supervisor, but Brass was the boss, so like a manager.

Here's the dialogue from "Cool Change"

GIL GRISSOM: I just got off the phone with the Sheriff. He says he wants me to run the unit.

JIM BRASS: You're the boss.

So Grissom was a 'boss', but not 'the' boss.

I don't remember Ecklie ever saying that to Grissom. The only time Grissom sorta 'lost' his position was in 'The Strip Strangler' when he was taken off the case.

(Smokey, DJ, sorry OT. You can move these to the I have an LV question thread? Should be there? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.