**Season 10 Spoiler Lab - Bienvenido a Miami!**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I wish they hadn't gone with prostitutes again. It's always prostitutes or women/girls who are put into human trafficking by force. Why can't the killer be going after girls who remind him of girls who horribly turned him down when he was younger or something? Why does it always have to be prostitutes? They just use the prostitute angle for too many stories. It gets old.

2. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Horatio and Eric help a prostitute find her sister......hasn't this happened like 20 times? I'd be ok with a repeating storyline if it wasn't always Horatio and Eric doing the big heroic stuff. I think it would be interesting to throw a couple of random characters in there to be the rescuers.......then they could bond over that. Like Calleigh and Walter. Orrr..... Natalia.

Someone different.

I loovvveee Horatio and his character and all of the odd things he does, but I'd like to see him sit back and proudly watch his team do something. The team HE trained and loved. So....essentially, he will still kind of save the day... lol!

The storyline sounds like it might be a little bit interesting though. Somehow it reminds me of that show "Dexter." I hope there are some twists in the episode though.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: That's kind of true, actually. haha.

Agreed. Or Frank. Why can't Frank help a prostitute for a change LOL.

4. Lego107

Lego107 Dead on Arrival

I have to say I am totally hooked on CSI: Miami. Caruso is a baffling character. Sometimes I wonder if there is an extra vertebrae in his neck that leaves his head permanently tilted to one side. Or if an acting coach directed a strange head angle to create character. He has another odd mannerism of almost flirting with criminals. And who decided this guy was good with kids and used every opportunity to put his tilted head up close and personal with any kid they can work into a story. I am creeped out as an adult by his strange demeanor. He would never be trusted by a child. He comes off as inappropriate with fragile kids in the middle of a traumatic experience! He is mesmerizing! I love the writing on the show and I also like that there is not a lot of silly plot between the principals.

It could be worse, he could be like Gary Sinise and have absolutely no emotions. Not to mention that giraffe neck.

5. drkullnet

drkullnet Civilian

Spam

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011
  6. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Hey everyone!

Hmm...this serial killer thing could either be really promising or really boring - i do feel like CSI:Miami has been there, done that, esp. w/H and Eric. I really do NOT want it to turn into the "H and Eric" show yet again. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I know someone mentioned in episode 2 that the team would all be pretty evenly paired up and spread out - does that include H and Cal, or should I just keep holding my breath on ever seeing them work together again on a case? :lol:

As for the E/C spoilers...:shifty::rolleyes: I think that about says it all. I'm personally very done with this storyline and don't like what it's done to the characters or the team as a whole. Neither side wants more "drama", it seems, so why do TPTB keep pulling this crap?? :wtf:

Thanks, mulder42 - like our avatar, too! I was a huge X-Files fan back in the day ;) Those hugs were pivotal for both shows, though I think anyone who began watching the show from Season 5 on would be SHOCKED to see that picture of H and Calleigh. :lol: I really did see the parallels in Miami until mid-Season 4, when the improbable storyline of Marisol appeared :rolleyes: I would say both the X-Files and CSI:Miami hit their peak in Season 4, but I still love them both :)

As for the Marisol thing - hopefully this will be the end of it. I agree w/mjszud that while I can understand H's guilt, I don't get the whole "love of my life" scenario. They just never seemed "in love" - it never seemed to "click" for most of the audience, including me. And really, she was Eric's sister, so all this should be affecting him wayyy more than Horatio - it really should've been his storyline, and I would've been OK w/that. I actually would've rathered seeing Eric be a bit resentful of H and having a "blow-up" scene w/him - to me, that would've been more real, especially b/c Eric was NOT on board w/H marrying his sister - he became OK w/it after Natalia talked to him about how this is what his sister wanted, but I don't think that totally cured his insecurity about it.

Anyway, still gonna watch, still trying to stay positive. And still hoping Ryan doesn't get lost this season! Bring on a hospital scene - anything to show that the whole team really cares about him! :thumbsup:

7. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Sounds like the beginning of a terrific storyline! I love that this is a different kind of recurring villain. "Brilliant yet evil" genius is always good. The gangs/organized crime became too cliche after the Mala Noche and the Russian Mafia. I like the thought of having one man wreak havoc on Miami, like Bob Starling in "Fallen".

So, one of Daddy's political connections must be the ex Supervisor O'Shay???

8. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

Agree 100% about H wanting to marry whores. Sorry folks, I hate prostitutes! But that man Horatio takes down killers, pedophiles, and scum of the earth but along comes a whore and he is so there saving their sorry butts. He would be better off being sick to his stomach about their lifestyles. I can see H trying to get them away from that life, but to tolerate it seems a double standard. He hates the men who do bad things but not the women. Oh well, that's H for ya. Love him but don't understand his morals or rationale. Hope I don't offend anyone. Sorry if I did.

9. Furbi

Furbi Witness

I think H has a deeply ingrained sense to protect women, no matter what situation they are in, that likely stemmed from his father's abuse of his mother. As we know, his mother died, and Horatio views that as his failure because he couldn't save her. I believe the his protectiveness of these prostitutes (which many times are young, vulernable, and confused) is his attempt to "make up" for the fact that his mother fell victim to his father's wrath.

10. CSI_Miamilover

CSI_Miamilover Witness

Just out of curiousity, in which episode do we hear bout his past? Iv seen most of the episodes from the first coupla seasons Buh not all coz channel producers cba putting episodes one after the other. Season and episode number will do the job. Thanks

11. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Actually, I'm offended. I'm offended at the way you casually call prostitutes "whores". I'm offended at the way you imply that Horatio should hate the women who sell sex, not the men who buy sex and thus create the demand. I'm offended by the way you imply that being a prostitute is just as bad as being a pedophile or serial killer. And I'm not buying your half-assed apology.

TRIGGER WARNING: rape/sexual abuse (don't know what this means? learn more here)

Did you know the average age of entry into prostitution is 12-14? Yes, that's right, most women end up in the lifestyle when they are children. They are not fully grown adults who make choices in some kind of vacuum- they have no real ability to make a choice, or at the very least their choices are limited to "become a prostitute" or "continue living at home where step-dad beats me). Many are survivors of rape and abuse. They come from difficult backgrounds and have endured things you can't imagine. They see prostitution as inevitable, possibly their only way out to escape their abusive or drug-addicted relative who continuously hurts them. One day, a man comes along and tells them they're pretty, special, asks about their hopes and dreams. It's the first time anyone has given two shits about them, so it's not at all shocking if they accept his offer to take care of them. He is her pimp. He eases her into a world of selling her body. He keeps her in line with violence. She tries to escape, she gets beaten or raped. She doesn't make enough money, she gets beaten or raped.

Now, you might be saying "well, ok, they didn't have a choice then, but when they're older they do." You would be wrong. What options do they have? They have nowhere to live, unless they want to go back to their terrible home life. They likely dropped out of school, so many places won't hire them if they try to look for a job. They are treated like criminals by police, and with disdain by people such as yourself. They have no self-esteem. If they've attempted escape in the past, it was unsuccessful and likely caused them to be beaten by their pimp. Prostitution is all she's ever known, and to her, there is no way out.

Yes, there are some women who don't come from rough backgrounds and are not coerced at an early age that go into prostitution. But they do not represent all prostitutes, and their experience doesn't negate those of others.

To learn more about the reality of prostitution, I recommend these links:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2011/07/17/the-growing-demand-for-prostitution.html
    http://nightlightinternational.com/resources/facts-about-prostitution/
    http://nightlightinternational.com/resources/facts-about-trafficking/

this 5-minute video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvnRYte3PAk

and this documentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myzVv2rsY-o

12. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Thank you.........I agree with all of this..... That post was extremely hateful and out of line......... I have compassion for those people as well. I don't think it's right or ok to sell sex, but I know that people can find themselves in horrible situations and see that as the only way out.........or they don't know how to escape it.

It makes perfect sense for Horatio to have compassion for these women.....Horatio has compassion for anyone who's gone through something difficult. If he was mean to prostitutes, then they wouldn't be able to find a way out and justice wouldn't be present. He wants these women to have improved lives........which is what Horatio is always after.

Is it just me or are some of the comments extremely hateful lately? I'm not talking about general dislike for storylines or characters with too much screentime. But the hateful comments about David's acting and prostitutes are just unecessary..........

13. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

Ayisha62. We learn about Horatio's past, primarily in season 4, though there may have been a reference earlier.

1) In Episode 401 "From the Grave", the confession scene is a very slight reference.

2) In Episode 415 "Skeletons", the last scene with the young woman Horatio was trying to protect is another partial reference.

3) Don't as the moment remember the episode or season, but Horatio is sitting, on a bench at the end of the episode, with a young blond boy. Here to there is also a reference.

4) In or just after Manhattan Manhunt" (the second half of the season 4 crossover with CSI NY) There is
    a meeting between Horatio and Stetler where it is discussed again.

Finally --- if you put all the references together you get a very clear picture of Horatio's youth and what happened.

Hollyyo. I hope I spelled you name right. I agree with you. There seem to be some people who are posting very negative and actually attacking comments on this board lately. That's a real shame because most of us have come here chat and have fun with like minded people. These seem to be people with a whole different agenda.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  14. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

What is happening to this thread?! In a matter of hours, it's degenerated from a friendly discussion of a television show to an ethical debate about prostitution, police conduct, and rape. Note to all of you, no matter what side you take: most of us come on this board to make friends and enjoy ourselves, not to bicker and mull over the horrors of true crime. I realize CSI Miami is a crime drama show, but it is fact, not fiction.

I hope one of the moderators can get this thread back on track before this argument drives away the fans who come here to "Talk CSI".

15. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I for one am very excited for Season 10. The first few episodes sound promising, especially the storm chasers one and the one about this psychopathic doctor.

Seems like it's going to be a good season so far. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.