Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

The Number 23
    Wow, I loved this movie. I was a bit confused till the end, I understood some of the things did it hit me. I keep looking for everything that added up to 23. This is one of the best movies that I've seen in a long time, IMO. Plus, I loved seeing a different side of Jim Carey.

Vacancy
    This movie isn't 100% what I expected. I can't really say much without giving something away. It was just an okay movie, something that I problaly won't watch again.

2. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Behind Enemy Lines: Axis of Evil

Another sequel made with cheap and unknown characters because the original made a lot of money (Owen Wilson played the main character in the original).

I found it a very boring film, I didn't watch it completely. There were just too many elements that shouldn't have been in there. Like one of the main characters flash backs to his training.. it didn't have any meaning to the storyline it was just a filler of time. The actors were okay.. most of them were pretty unknown.

1/5

3. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

Transformers

Absolutely amazing movie. Full of action and had some good laughs. People clapped at the end, and even though it's been out for a while the theatre was full. The special effects were stunning. All in all an awesome movie; definitely a must-see. The end battle was just spectacular.

4. allmaple

allmaple Judge

smoking aces

crap. seemed like it would be good, lots of good actors in it, the premise could have been interesting, but it wasnt what i was expecting. there was more blood than your average horror flick. i rented it from a convenience store that only charges a dollar, and it wasnt even worth a dollar. dont waste your time on this one!

dead silence

good scary movies seem to be few and far between these days, but i liked this one. they didnt rely on blood and guts to scare you. although what happens to the dead bodies is pretty creepy! the ventriloquist dummies and the ghost were plenty creepy enough to freak me out! the ending could have been better, i recommend watching the alternate. even though the alternate isnt perfect either i prefer it to the one they used. i also liked how they got the saw doll into one of the scenes. you have to keep an eye out but its there! if you like scary movies i would definitely check this one out.

5. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Disturbia

Great movie! I thought that it was funny and interesting as well as suspensfull in the end. Shia is a pretty good actor. I remember him from Even Stevens but he has really come a long way from there. I had bought the movie and now my friend is watching it and I have another friend waiting to watch it. I want to see how they think it was.

6. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

The Simpsons - The Movie

I think that the storyline was pretty lame, but I loved the spiderpig part and the one where they publish that Homer was the one who polluted Lake Springfield. I forgot the exact quote, but that was HILARIOUS! :lol: I thik I'd rate it 6/10.

7. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I finally went to see "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" last night and I have to say I was pretty disappointed. The film was muddled and confusing, even for someone like myself who'd read the book. It wasn't so much that I didn't understand what was going on so much as why they chose to show certain things and not others. It also felt a little "cheaper" than the other movies for some reason. With the exception of the end battle in the ministry, most of the effects seemed pretty half-assed.

A friend of mine summed it up nicely: It's like they filmed 4 hours of movie and then had some amateur edit it down to 2. And that's exactly how this film seemed to me, especially in comparison with the other HP films: amateur.

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Rush Hour 3

It was really hilarious. I like the pair-up of Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker and together the humor is great.

I didn't think the storyline was so good, compared to the other 2, but it was still worth watching and hilarious to watch. :D

9. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

Thank You for Smoking

brilliant movie! it had some really great actors in it and i haven't laughed that hard or that often in a while. i loved the M.O.D Squad (Merchants of Death). quite possibly the funniest thing on the planet.

Ghost Rider

totally not my type of movie but suprisingly enough i enjoyed parts of it. i loved Nicolas Cage's character and all his little quirks with the candy and the carpenters. all the weird elements fighting and stuff really isn't my thing. its not realistic and i tend to dislike movies like that. Cage did an awesome job though, he's one of my favorite actors.

10. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

You'll probably laugh but the last movie I saw is a very old one . It's called Sound of music . It's a beautiful story about a young girl that goes to take care of the children of captain von Trapp . Because they lived without a mother , the kids do not want to have a nanny , and they try to make Maria go , but she realizes that those kids only needed a mother's love and affection . And so she starts showing them the love through the music .. this is one of the best movies ever , with wonderful actors like Julie Andrews and the story , the love story between Maria and von Trapp is amazing . But I bet many of you saw it , and I think this is a movie I'd watch daily and I'd never have enough of it .

11. Missing

Missing Pathologist

The Invasion

I read that the opening did not do well in the box office and that it is a redo of The Body Snatchers but since I haven't ever seen that this was new to me. I liked it, I however would never be able to stay awake. I thought it was better than Vacancy.

12. drummergurll

drummergurll Police Officer

dickie roberts former child star...

it was a lot funnier when i was younger...now it's just a whole lot of bad jokes running together....

13. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

13 Going On 30

Okay, if I'm honest, this is not the sort of film I'm normally interested in. I watched it because I was bored stiff (and I fancy Mark Ruffalo). Anyway, turns out it's not a bad film. It's was funny, romantic and it hit the spot! :)

The Object Of My Affection

This really wasn't as good as I had hoped. I figured with Jennifer Aniston and Paul Rudd I would be relatively safe, but unfortunately I found the storyline irritating. It didn't end as I had hoped and everything leading up to the ending was pointless. Okay, it wasn't that bad a film, but it failed to please me.

14. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

The last movie I saw was Pirates #2 on dvd. I loved it. I thought it was hilarious. It was really good.

15. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

I just saw "Fracture". Wasn't bad, but I was expecting a lot more after some of the reviews I've heard.

A couple of peeves though, first was the romantice subplot that had no pay-off or link to the rest of the movie at all. I couldn't keep my self from wondering why the hell it was there, and secondly, Hopkins put on a strange little Irish accent at some points, then completely abandoned it. Either way, it was a bad idea in the first place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.