McCullouch Promises That 'It Gets Better'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Oct 16, 2010.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Gerald McCullouch, most familiar to CSI: Crime Scene Investigation fans as ballistics expert Bobby Dawson, filmed a short video for It Gets Better Broadway, which was inspired by Dan Savage’s It Gets Better project. The goal of McCullouch’s video, like the others that have been posted, is to reach out to straight and LGBTQ kids [...]

More...

2. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

I have a friend who's a CSI fan, and he's often bullied for being homosexual. I sent him the link to this video and it cheered him up a lot. I think it's a really sweet thing for Gerald and everyone on the IGB project to do :adore:

I still really miss Bobby on the show :(

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm glad Gerald's video cheered your friend up - the IGB project is such a great idea, and I love how many celebrities and regular folks have made videos. :D

4. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Swear to god, we need more actors like Gerald McCullouch. He's out and proud, and willing to stand up for what he thinks is right and does it in such a cool way. Kudos to Gerald for taking a stand.

5. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

I think it's awesome that Gerald decided to do this. I'm planning on wearing purple on the 20th in support.

DragonFiend95, I'm glad the video cheered your friend up :) Nobody deserves to be bullied for anything, much less their sexuality.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That's so great that he's doing that video. I love Gerald. I hope he returns to CSI sometime soon. :)

And I agree, Axel... no one deserves to be bullied for any reason.

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I'm really happy that Gerald has joined this project. I truly believe it is such a great idea.

It is incredibly brave for all these people to live openly. Being a teenager is NEVER an easy thing,but it does get better.

I was called names at times as a teenager so I can relate.

Currently and have been cyber-bullied by a few of Eric/Greg and 'Love' fans here on this board and other boards (not all fans, btw, as I am friends with many). Also, have been stalked by them as they watch everything I post on this board and use it 'against' me. :rolleyes: Just like they use this post 'against' me. :rolleyes:

Teens hang in there, eventually you realize these bullies don't matter and that you are a better person. I may be currently being cyber-bullied, but what I've learned in life makes me just :rolleyes: at them.

I really hope this project helps LGBT teens so the suicides stop.The world is a much better place with you in it. :)

Remember, what goes around, comes around and those bullies will get what the deserve or one day they will realize how hurtful they were and turn their lives around.

8. GregNickRyanFan

Cyber-bullying is a big issue too. It can be just as hurtful as bullying someone to their face. I hate that people get bullied IRL or online. Bullying sucks no matter where its happening. Someone I know is currently being bullied online and through texts and stuff... people say hurtful things about her baby. Her BABY! Come on! That should just be off-limits.

And there was this case I heard about on tv the other day where a little boy was bullied so badly that he took his own life and now his sister is being bullied about her brother's death. Just taunting and things being said about where her brother's soul is going to end up... just hurtful, mean things. Bullying someone about a dead relative is so beyond cruel, I can't even... Ugh. This crap has got to stop! It really does. No bullying should happen anywhere, any time, for ANY reason, period!

And that whole thing about the boy in college whose roommate filmed private moments and put it on the net... man I hope they throw the book at that guy and his girlfriend. What they did was an invasion of privacy and just awful. They should really be ashamed of themselves.

Anyway, I'm glad that celebs are fighting back and making efforts to put an end to bullying. Even Perez Hilton said that he was going to try not to be a bully anymore on his blog. What happened to that college boy was awful, but hopefully it'll open some eyes and make people check their behavior before they really hurt someone.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Add me to the list of people who love him for doing this.
    Kids need everyone, including people in the spotlight, to let them know they can get through the tough times even if it seems too horrible to bear sometimes.

I just read an article the other day about a high school girl in Ohio being bullied because her family was from Croatia. She was bullied for her acccent, her name. Kids even threw food at her in the lunch room. The school did nothing. She killed herself. Three of the little bitches who bullied her had the balls to show up to the funeral and laugh over her casket in front of her family. I wonder where the parents of these bullies are in some of these cases. In some cases I suppose it's the parents where the bullies learn their behavior.

I'm 40 years old and I remember being teased for having a physical disability when I was in school and I also remember that, being no angel myself, I teased other kids for other reasons. But it was never to the extreme kids go to nowadays. It was more of a right of passage than the serious issue it is now. It never ceases to amaze me how far these brats will go or how little regard they have for another person's life.

10. GregNickRyanFan

That is horrible. They should have been arrested for tresspassing and harassment.